Injury Daniel Rich - Shoulder

Remove this Banner Ad

We've all collectively moved quite quickly through the Kubler-Ross "stages of grief" scale on this issue at least. We're into the bargaining stage now.
Did you know that you don't necessarily follow the Kubler-Ross stages in that exact order?

Also, her stages of grief work has yet to be independently replicated and validated.

Science!

Did you know that you don't necessarily follow the Kubler-Ross stages in that exact order?

Also, her stages of grief work has yet to be independently replicated and validated.

Science!

I've just moved into the rarely seen "punch a smarmy know-it-all PHD student in the face" stage.

We've all collectively moved quite quickly through the Kubler-Ross "stages of grief" scale on this issue at least. We're into the bargaining stage now.

Probably due to most around here already being quite deflated this past week that such news in a way is laughable and the only thing you can do is just get on with it.

In a sense, I just want the young guys to have a red hot go as they did in 2011 when we only won 4 games. If they can give us as much effort as they did in 2011, then we can't ask much more than that. Obviously our expectations now have to be lowered, but in a way, personally, I kinda feel as though a weight has been lifted and we can just go out and play footy if that in any way makes sense.

This is still pretty much me atm.

Cleese_zps10a0deff.gif

Probably due to most around here already being quite deflated this past week that such news in a way is laughable and the only thing you can do is just get on with it.

In a sense, I just want the young guys to have a red hot go as they did in 2011 when we only won 4 games. If they can give us as much effort as they did in 2011, then we can't ask much more than that. Obviously our expectations now have to be lowered, but in a way, personally, I kinda feel as though a weight has been lifted and we can just go out and play footy if that in any way makes sense.

Dylan wins the choccy frog, he made it to the Acceptance stage first.

GG wins the spoon as he is still wallowing in the anger stage with no intention of moving on in the short-medium term.

Yep for reasons unbeknownst, I moved there very quickly, probably due to the sentiments of lionshine above.

Yeah, he is in Stage 4... depression. Woe is me. Arrows through the heart etc... :p

Well, at least we're now going to see whether or not Pat's got what it takes.

A fresh Rich at round 12/13 heading into the back half of the season sounds decent.

Might be clutching at straws.
Yep, I'm afraid so, PK. This situation is some straight up bullshit.

Yep, I'm afraid so, PK. This situation is some straight up bullshit.
Meh. Throw the kids a challenge. As others have said, it could be the making of them.

At least we're not playing the Swans at the SCG this week...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh. Throw the kids a challenge. As others have said, it could be the making of them.

At least we're not playing the Swans at the SCG this week...

It blows on a personal level for Rich, and the team. I hope he has a fire in the belly though, knowing his first 4 rounds were criticised. I'd love to see him come back & rip the comp to shreds later in the year. I'm hoping Cal gets a run once his jaw is healed up & proves to be recruit of the year. I hope Mayes & Doc's long, accurate kicks really start to straighten us up. Plenty more could go right. Mostly, I hope Rich comes back into a side that has set a bullshit month aside & started to give the rest of the comp serious cause for concern.

Bargaining is all we can do...Maybe Karni will come in and average 35 possesions and 3 goals for the next 8 games?

Hi guys! New poster here.

Shattering news to hear this but I noticed a lot of people on the lions facebook page (and some here) are blaming vossy for this accident, citing the beams injury as well, claiming that they're going too hard at training resulting in injuries.

But if this is a result of training hard then wouldn't this be a good thing? Every game this season (especially the melb ones) we've looked lazy, lethargic and uninterested. (Yes, the tactics have been poor, or poorly executed) . You have to train as hard as you play, and I reckon it could be a good sign that the boys are finally get fired up and taking this shocking start to the season seriously.

As some have mentioned here this is a great opportunity for some others to step up and take their game to the next level with the extra midfield time. I for one, hope Karnezis gets the opportunity ahead of others, as we need some elite players and hes got the talent to be one, given time to develop.

Anyway this news sucks! But the hilarious gifs have made it an easier to deal with :p

Terrible news for Rich, wishing him a speedy recovery. Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but the last time Rich was out for an extended period with a stress fracture our midfield as a unit actually started to work better. It's not all doom and gloom, hopefully this will push some of our other mids to really step up

Hi guys! New poster here.

Shattering news to hear this but I noticed a lot of people on the lions facebook page (and some here) are blaming vossy for this accident, citing the beams injury as well, claiming that they're going too hard at training resulting in injuries.

But if this is a result of training hard then wouldn't this be a good thing? Every game this season (especially the melb ones) we've looked lazy, lethargic and uninterested. (Yes, the tactics have been poor, or poorly executed) . You have to train as hard as you play, and I reckon it could be a good sign that the boys are finally get fired up and taking this shocking start to the season seriously.

As some have mentioned here this is a great opportunity for some others to step up and take their game to the next level with the extra midfield time. I for one, hope Karnezis gets the opportunity ahead of others, as we need some elite players and hes got the talent to be one, given time to develop.

Anyway this news sucks! But the hilarious gifs have made it an easier to deal with :p

Welcome! If it's mentioned on the facebook page, then it's probably worth forgetting you ever read it because it will probably lower your IQ. Advantage is that there is a spot for someone else to step up, the downside is the 2 players most likely to step into that midfield rotation are Beams and Cal and both are also injured.

The gauntlet has been thrown down to our playing group. This season could be the making of several players.

Just more rotten luck! :(

They should launch an immediate investigation into who was responsible for walking under the ladder...and find out who brought their black cat to training....and let's not mention Rocky's Challenge to find out who could break the most mirrors in 30 seconds!

Seriously, we need not just a win against the Demons, but a strong & dominate performance. No more of the insipid stuff they've served up so far.

Borrowing from the ANZAC theme, they need to lift and do it for their injured mates.

Also known as the "looking for a positive needle in a hay stack by clutching at silver lining straws mixed metaphor" stage.

A master stroke to shake that tag. What are the opposition taggers going to do now? We've just taken them out of the game. They may as well sit in the bar and play just 17 on the ground. Yes, it's all coming together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back