Dante Exum

Remove this Banner Ad

Noice.

Hopefully Ben Simmons can develop at LSU too.

Exum, Simmons and Irving would have been decent for 2020 Olympic Games ;)

That Early 90's NBL importation showing fruit...those were good times. If only Leroy Loggins pumped a few more out :(

Simmons has the potential to be our greatest baller ever imo. Hes a modern, prototypical, athletic, aggressive no.3 that can hit threes as easily as he can dunk. His type tend to dominate college, and he's a better prospect than Arizonas Aaron Gordon as an example, and comparable to someone like Antony Davis with his inside outside game, but is slightly smaller.

Exum is a little more raw, but obviously similar potential.

I'm just glad we've got a few different kids in a few different positions for future Olympic sides, Rio looms as a super exciting team, baby boomers, but a heap of potential superstars.

Ease up there fella.

I'm just getting the vibe coming out of the states, he's surging up the 2015 class ATM, he's probably the #1 performed HS player in the US for his age playing for the #1 ranked HS side in the country.

He was considered a top 5 pick 12 months ago for his age, and he's improved that standing markedly playing for Monteverde. Most US scribes rate him better than Exum in terms of the Australian connection.

I was only comparing his style to Davis.

that had nothing to do with where he came from if i recall was just how they arranged sides.

would not be eligible to play for usa for a while down the track unless he has american heritage i dont know about. cant move to a country and play for that country a couple of years later and if he had an offer to play for aus in the next four years then he would likely take it rather than wait to become an american and wait to see if he made a squad deep in tall talent.

as for simmons i read he is now 6'9'' and the doctors tell him his growth plates are still open so he is expected to hit 6'10

i dont know whether that is a good thing or not really. super talented sf with athleticism i dont think shooting is his strongest suit so being a very athletic quick pf could be good for him.

that had nothing to do with where he came from if i recall was just how they arranged sides.

would not be eligible to play for usa for a while down the track unless he has american heritage i dont know about. cant move to a country and play for that country a couple of years later and if he had an offer to play for aus in the next four years then he would likely take it rather than wait to become an american and wait to see if he made a squad deep in tall talent.

The Australian team was there, and he didn't play for them, there's plenty of Americans to arrange sides with.

He's also never been involved in any underage Australian side.

IIRC there's an issue with his minder.........

as for simmons i read he is now 6'9'' and the doctors tell him his growth plates are still open so he is expected to hit 6'10

i dont know whether that is a good thing or not really. super talented sf with athleticism i dont think shooting is his strongest suit so being a very athletic quick pf could be good for him.
He plays both the 3 and the 4 so it's definitely a positive.

Simmons looks a bit more unassured than Exum from what I've seen.

Maybe he will really pull it all together. It's awesome for the boomers if they all come through with the current crop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long was Ben Simmons in Australia for? Because isn't he at Montverde Academy and is now going to go to LSU?

How long was Ben Simmons in Australia for? Because isn't he at Montverde Academy and is now going to go to LSU?

Prretty much his whole life up until about 12 months ago mate, hes an Aussie theres little doubt there.

Were talking about Thon Maker.

Lived in Australia from age 7-14, with foster parents, his parents still live in Sth Sudan.

Has lived from 14-current in the US, and is likely to be the top pick in 2016, he's 7"1 and he's in year 10......

Pretty obvious that he's lost to Australian basketball though, by the time he is drafted he will have spent just as long in the US as he had Australia, with most of his basketball coming in that country.

If he's knocking back Australian advances now, he's no chance in another 5 years.......

We'd at least have a starting line-up that would go ok against the US until the benches come on. :D

Dellavadova
Exum
Simmons
Baynes
Bogut

Mills
Ingles
Newley
Drimic
Bolden

Thats a pretty competitive team in my book, in 2-3 years time anyway. Even the bench will have some solid contributors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back