News Dean Warren Resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

I know its a club effort but just look at what GWS has been able to accomplish. Signed almost all of the talent they wanted to keep despite the lure of greater riches from rival clubs. This off-season is going to be massive for the lions off-field development as a club. A great start.

Buncha savages. Sheesh.

seinfeld-master.jpg

I know its a club effort but just look at what GWS has been able to accomplish. Signed almost all of the talent they wanted to keep despite the lure of greater riches from rival clubs. This off-season is going to be massive for the lions off-field development as a club. A great start.

I often wonder what part the fact that the GWS recruited a heap of their young elite around the same age. Most of them would have known each other through junior footy. For instance, if circumstances were that we could have recruited Aish with a heap of he friends like Scharenberg etc... I would hedge my bets that he would be signed up by now. The GWS & GC are an unique case that really shouldn't be compared to us IMO

I often wonder what part the fact that the GWS recruited a heap of their young elite around the same age. Most of them would have known each other through junior footy. For instance, if circumstances were that we could have recruited Aish with a heap of he friends like Scharenberg etc... I would hedge my bets that he would be signed up by now. The GWS & GC are an unique case that really shouldn't be compared to us IMO

I think thats far too simplistic an answer. People make new friendships and there are a heap of internal and external factors which are relevant.

What if for instance in this hypothetical world we had drafted James and his friends but James really wants to play in Melbourne and live that lifestyle. I think theres a hell of a lot to it including a bit of luck. Hence why I said its a club effort.

I think thats far too simplistic an answer. People make new friendships and there are a heap of internal and external factors which are relevant.

What if for instance in this hypothetical world we had drafted James and his friends but James really wants to play in Melbourne and live that lifestyle. I think theres a hell of a lot to it including a bit of luck. Hence why I said its a club effort.

possibly...but I am just suggesting point. Clearly it is different circumstances between us and the expansions at this point of time. Im just not sure we can look at what the GWS have done to retain their youth and think it can be done the same for us. Clearly atm we are different cases in so many reasons. Definitely is simplistic which was kinda my point ;)

possibly...but I am just suggesting point. Clearly it is different circumstances between us and the expansions at this point of time. Im just not sure we can look at what the GWS have done to retain their youth and think it can be done the same for us. Clearly atm we are different cases in so many reasons. Definitely is simplistic which was kinda my point ;)

I do see your point. I wasn't as much comparing Bris with GWS as I was suggesting simply that the Lambert's have played a positive role at GWS both in their on-field and off-field development and that its a great pickup for us at this time. For us at the moment its not so much about fixing the problem in one swift move. Its about firstly addressing it, which we're doing, and then trying to fix it over the next few seasons. Its by no means a black and white equation.

We tried that with Karnezis and Lester. Oops. :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back