Rumour Dempsey to request trade home to Queensland at season's end

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
His parents, siblings, partner and two kids are all living in Brisbane now and Courtenay is going to request a trade to one of the Queensland clubs at the end of 2014.

I can already see how the conversations will play out:

Lions RM: "Courtney, If you are wanting to return to Queensland ... the Suns would be a fantastic option for you - young, up and coming side who are going to be very competitive in the near future"

Suns RM: ""Courtney, If you are wanting to return to Queensland ... the Lions would be a fantastic option for you - young, up and coming side who are going to be very competitive in the near future"

Cool. Bye.

His parents, siblings, partner and two kids are all living in Brisbane now and Courtenay is going to request a trade to one of the Queensland clubs at the end of 2014.

Did they all move there to get away from him? They'll be pissed if he turns up. Maybe they'll relocate to Melbourne

Only one club will take him and it aint the Suns. Dempsey wouldn't even get a game at GC next year onwards.

Wouldnt be a bad move from Brisbane though. He is a handy player when he gets going

Uhm, doesn't his family live in Cairns?
Wouldn't surprise me if he did move though..

He's 26 and this time last year was pushing AA wasn't he?

I'm not sure exactly how bad he's been off field but I'd be willing to take a shot at him if he's over the worst of his troubles. It's not like he's completely out of shape or done anything criminal is it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's 26 and this time last year was pushing AA wasn't he?

I'm not sure exactly how bad he's been off field but I'd be willing to take a shot at him if he's over the worst of his troubles. It's not like he's completely out of shape or done anything criminal is it?
As far as I know, nothing criminal etc, just family etc all live in Qld now, misses his kids.

Team penalty was because he didn't turn up to training on time, wasn't fit enough, train hard enough etc.

I can already see how the conversations will play out:

Lions RM: "Courtney, If you are wanting to return to Queensland ... the Suns would be a fantastic option for you - young, up and coming side who are going to be very competitive in the near future"

Suns RM: ""Courtney, If you are wanting to return to Queensland ... the Lions would be a fantastic option for you - young, up and coming side who are going to be very competitive in the near future"

Hahahhahahaha. Mate this must be post of the f****** century.

you can't guarantee s**t

To be fair he was right that Asada would ban you players before finals, therefore forcing the afl to drop you to ninth for the second year running

Draft pick 50+. Just hasn't shown he has the discipline to commit to the game over the last 12 months. His results on the field during this time are testament to this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back