Mr Crow!

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2004
Darwin
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Why not have a Big Footy competition to see what we think would be a good idea for a Gold Coast jumper design.

Mero has a fantastic website, perhaps designs can be used there for templates? Also use the Southport Sharks for ideas as well?

Perhaps will the top 10 designs, we could have a poll / vote.

Re: Design a Jumper Competition: 17th Team - Gold Coast

From memory Southport wear something like this currently:
Collingwood-PS-1982.gif

southportcd1.gif

personally, i'd like to see this - just move the V up a little bit ala Southport's current jumper. and yes, i did just make the maroon bits of Brisbane's V design black. looks badass tho.

6ob8bj5.jpg

87mk17r.jpg

86ovyi1.jpg

All three have a black V as a nod to Southport.

A Gold Coast team has to have blue and gold, though the Eagles and Brisbane might cry foul.

Maybe a switch to a lighter sky blue would do the trick.

southportcd1.gif

personally, i'd like to see this - just move the V up a little bit ala Southport's current jumper. and yes, i did just make the maroon bits of Brisbane's V design black. looks badass tho.

Sticking with your black theme....

8f0odg3.jpg

Those are good starts.

They are a little traditional though.

Would be fantastic to see some designs with a shark on it.

Perhaps keep the current southport sharks 'V' design, and on the right side of teh 'V' you could have a Shark next to it, following that same angle down the jumper.

Photoshop Wizards... get to it! ;)

Its kinda bluish with a black V....maybe throw a bit of gold on it for reversable reasons when playing the weagles.

What do i win ?

I reckon leave the Southport jumper alone, it's a beauty!
Don't know about their socks currently but would look cool with black & white hooped socks.
The trap too many fall into, especially the recent licensees, is their jumper designs are too "busy". The Southport jumper looks traditional but is sufficiently different to all the others to stand alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The new club will not be Southport and will use the GC colours of sky blue, gold & white.

2003621517492164726_rs.jpg

In the event that the Southport jersey is disallowed, it would be great if they used this design or similar, with the colour combination black and silver.

Too safe guys. You want it to be distinct and memorable. Grey or black doesn't scream Gold Coast.

Inspired by North Melbourne and the Gold Coast Blaze basketball team:
GCafl.png

see, that's ugly. incredibly ugly. i'd be embarrassed to wear that as a player. it's weak. it's wanky. it's too similar to the titans. worst case scenario. (no offence)

what needs to be designed is something utilizing light blue, gold and yellow (yes, i agree here, but i wouldn't be surprised if the colours are black white and something else), in a traditional design. a vee, yoke, or something similar... something like this:

goldcoastwz0.jpg

see, that's ugly. incredibly ugly. i'd be embarrassed to wear that as a player. it's weak. it's wanky. it's too similar to the titans. worst case scenario. (no offence)
I'll remember that next time I feel compelled to piss away my time in Photoshop.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back