Multiplat Diablo 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I pushed through a fair bit of the story last night.

Even though it’s open world, you can get from A to B pretty quickly and the dungeons, cellars etc. are pretty quick to run through. I’ve learnt to wait to go into them though as there usually a side quest attach later.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

After the story when you unlock whispering tree stuff, dungeons will also become the objective for favours. So there is plenty of opportunity to get them all done sooner or later rather than trying to 100% everything while doing the story.

I just noticed Mtashed is doing Diablo 4 content now. I used to watch his Destiny 2 stuff and I see he's moved on as well. Got a named staff he uses in a charged bolt build so might look at putting that together later.

Also a PSA on nightmare dungeon sigils that I wasn't aware of either. Those up to that part might notice they're tier 1. You can salvage them at the enchanter thingy to get sigil dust and rank them up. I guess similar to ranking up a rift key in Diablo 3. What he doesn't mention though is you need to clear a tier 3 nightmare dungeon in order to unlock this at the enchanter and they seem to be a random drop? I've just got my first tier 3 sigil drop so I'll give that a go later.

Ended up getting it on Series X given I'll get Final Fantasy XVI in a couple of weeks so I'll have Zelda on Switch, Diablo on Series X and FFXVI on PS5.

It's cross save too so if for whatever reason you want to grab it on PS5 in the future all you have to do is link your accounts and you can pick up where you left off.

For those playing sorcerer what builds are you going? Im struggling to find anything I enjoy at the moment. The only thing thats come close is a frost build but man its mana intense.

It looks like the best frost sorc builds are gear specific to better manage mana. I have been rocking lightning build. Most lightning builds seem to be based around charged bolts due to aspect of Static Cling. I've been able to beef it up now that I had pretty sweetly rolled Staff of Lam Esen drop. Together with Mother's Embrace ring that drops from the end of the story and I'm going pretty decently. The bigger the pack, the more my charged bolts bounce through the adds and the more infinite my mana seems. The paragon boards have more of a say than previously just upping your stats and the deeper you go into board crafting the more you notice your build taking shape.

Haven't been able to play all week, but was talking with one of the guys at work who's at Lvl 69 as of Friday (without taking time off, impressive). He recommended story quests only until you unlock the mount; then go back for cellars and dungeons.

Haven't been able to play all week, but was talking with one of the guys at work who's at Lvl 69 as of Friday (without taking time off, impressive). He recommended story quests only until you unlock the mount; then go back for cellars and dungeons.

That's exactly right. I'm thinking about making a short guide since there are plenty looking to experience their first Diablo game.

The short and sweet though is to focus the story and get to 50. Only do side quests if they're on the way. You'll get plenty of chance to do all the dungeons as once you start doing favours for the whispering tree you'll be smashing out the dungeons. Lots of side quests are in dungeons so that's multiple birds with one stone. Also you'll get heaps of chance to complete the side quests in the open world while doing either helltide events or when the whispers rotate to a different zone every 90 minutes or whatever it is. Also don't worry about gear either as the moment you hit end game you'll be replacing absoutely everything with the first legendary drop you get for each slot.

For those playing sorcerer what builds are you going? Im struggling to find anything I enjoy at the moment. The only thing thats come close is a frost build but man its mana intense.

I’m using the fast level lightning build that is on the icy veins website posted earlier. Made a few tweaks here and there but is fun.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That's exactly right. I'm thinking about making a short guide since there are plenty looking to experience their first Diablo game.

The short and sweet though is to focus the story and get to 50. Only do side quests if they're on the way. You'll get plenty of chance to do all the dungeons as once you start doing favours for the whispering tree you'll be smashing out the dungeons. Lots of side quests are in dungeons so that's multiple birds with one stone. Also you'll get heaps of chance to complete the side quests in the open world while doing either helltide events or when the whispers rotate to a different zone every 90 minutes or whatever it is. Also don't worry about gear either as the moment you hit end game you'll be replacing absoutely everything with the first legendary drop you get for each slot.
Legend!

Yeah i've ben running around exploring the map and dungeons ignoring the story. Level 24 now. Only started knocking off act 1 last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legend!

Yeah i've ben running around exploring the map and dungeons ignoring the story. Level 24 now. Only started knocking off act 1 last night.

As long as you're having fun then it doesn't matter, but it's because the end game doesn't start until you at least beat the story and that's where the real meat of any Diablo game is. So if you're trying to 100% everything first which is a pretty common way to play a lot of games then you're going to hit 50 long before you finish the game and may actually get bored. Any Diablo veteran will tell you that it's a game about being as efficient as possible.

Alright, so I finished the story and unlocked WT 3. I feel under equiped now and everything is kicking my ass

Exactly how I felt but that changed within an hour after just persisting. Try to do some favours and hopefully you can focus weapons at the tree. Getting a new weapon ASAP will go a long way. That stats on your drops now will smash whatever you've currently got.

Exactly how I felt but that changed within an hour after just persisting. Try to do some favours and hopefully you can focus weapons at the tree. Getting a new weapon ASAP will go a long way. That stats on your drops now will smash whatever you've currently got.
I did that, worked a treat. Was able to smash out a couple of nightmare 1st tier dungeons or whatever you call them. Currently sitting at lv 53. So I’m terms of what’s next? Do I grind those first tier to unlock the next stages ?

Was doing a bit of deep dive into the lore of Diablo to try and immerse myself a bit more. It worked, the lore to this franchise is amazing.

It helps that Inarius and Lilith are two of the coolest looking characters ive seen in a video game.

I did that, worked a treat. Was able to smash out a couple of nightmare 1st tier dungeons or whatever you call them. Currently sitting at lv 53. So I’m terms of what’s next? Do I grind those first tier to unlock the next stages ?

This is why I was thinking of writing a super short guide because the game doesn't make this part clear and I had to find it out from a video that I posted before. When you complete a nightmare dungeon it might drop a higher tier sigil. It will be a bit random at first but you're going to want to keep an eye out for a tier 3 or higher. When you complete that you'll unlock sigil salvaging and crafting at the occultist (enchanter). The higher the tier obviously higher the level. Then just do whatever is comfortable and if you stick around at the end of the nightmare dungeon (and don't just teleport out like I did the first time) you'll be able to level up a glyph. The higher the tier nightmare dungeon the more XP you'll have to spend on your glyphs. For anyone familiar with Diablo 3 this is the same as levelling up unique gems after a rift. Since higher the tier dungeon the higher the enemy level you'll have to find your sweat spot for me. I've cleared a few tier 12s but there have been a couple elite combos that will destroy me. One time I actually had to run away and avoid two elites because together with their affixes and nightmare dungeon modifiers they were melting me lol. So the more you optimise your gear, the more you level up and get paragon points the better equipped you'll be.

At 53 you might not have unlocked much of your paragon board yet or found many glyphs but they'll be a huge source of your power. Don't worry about not having many glyphs yet, you'll be swimming in them soon but it's also completely random which ones will drop.

I'm playing a lightning sorcerer so I went with the Territorial glyph first to take less damage to close enemies which helps mitigate being a glass cannon. There were easy to reach dexerity nodes in range so I managed to unlock the bonus.

Screenshot013.jpg

I can't remember the name of the board I attached when you're able to attach an extra board you have options that you can choose to suit your build or playstyle. They have different nodes and I think some passive bonuses. You can also flip them around if you want a more optimal path through. I flipped this one to get to the legendary node faster and was also the shortest path between two rare nodes that I wanted with the next glyph in the middle. Any enemy I damage has burning applied so I went with Flamefeeder for my next glyph but as you can see I haven't unlocked enough dex nodes. There actually aren't enough dex nodes in range so I'm currently leveling this one up as at level 15 it will increase its radius and I'll be able to reach an extra dex node.

Screenshot014.jpg

This is an example of a rare node which behave like mini glyphs. The bread and butter of my build is stunning enemies close and smashing them down with charged bolts so I take anything to do with damage to stunned enemies, lightning damage and anything like that.

Screenshot015.jpg

A fast way to get a chunk of paragon points is level 5 renown. I'm 64 and happy with my gear at the moment so I picked two zones I was the closest to maxing renown and just ticked them off. The easiest thing was pulling up a map of Lilith statues and finding them as each one will grand renown. The reward for level 5 renown is 5 paragon points. For gearing mix it up between nightmare dungeons, whispering tree and the mystery chests in helltide events. Don't forget to spend your obols at the curriosity vendor too for focused loot.

Here's a video I just found and skimmed through which also seems to have some good info. Basically nightmare dungeons, glyphs and your paragon boards/points are where you take your development after your initial build of ability points

Level 54 now. Also felt the jump between WT2 and 3, but once you get some better gear, aspects etc you start to see your character handle themself better.

Have enjoyed the end game dungeons and trees, but damn the storyline had me hooked. It was such an excellent narrative and now I am eager for the expansion stories - not something I ever expected I'd say playing a Diablo game.

Made it through capstone dungeon for WT4 at 65 but I think I'll wait a few more levels before going to that tier full time lol. For for the most of it I was fine, but some elite packs were tough and the boss was hairy and took me two goes.
Id just push into doing some WT4 with the much larger loot pool, likely to get upgrades you just cant find in 3

Id just push into doing some WT4 with the much larger loot pool, likely to get upgrades you just cant find in 3

It's just too slow at the moment as everything is 70+. I definitely will in one or two more levels though. It's not just the ancestral stuff that's appealing but it's the item power levels. Again, something not really explained in the game but if you find something that you can push into the next power level bracket then the ranges on the affixes get a massive buff. I've still got a couple level 4 range pieces I just haven't been able to find suitable upgrades for either yet. Hopefully replacing those will be able to help me out when starting WT4 properly.

• Level 1: 1 – 149.
  • Level 2: 150 – 339.
  • Level 3: 340 – 459.
  • Level 4: 460 – 624.
  • Level 5: 625 – 724.
  • Level 6: 725+

edit: my last normal dungy in WT3 for some favours dropped some sacred stuff around 700. Too much the rolls are poo. Hopefully I've hit a threshold for more of that stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back