Media Diary of a Holy Man: Round 1: Local delicacy; Hawk on the Fork

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Leicester, Vixens
[WARNING; I don't know how those goes in terms of length, but you'll be here a while, I've even separated it int titles if you want to skip to a certain bit. The match review from my eyes is listed below. A compilation of everything that happened this first week from my eyes.]

Pre-Match Build Up [R1PM]

Match Day [R1MD]

Best of the Best [R1BB]

Post Match [R1PM]

Diary of a Holy Man:

Round 1: Local delicacy; Hawk on the Fork.

While it had been a good one for me, full of goals, it had been a disappointing pre-season for the team with two losses, including a shutout in the last quarter to the Furies (and for reasons I can’t figure out, that Wa**y Tiger played for both our teams. How has no one called a scandal on that? Maybe no one gives a toss about praccies?). The team were eager to ensure that they put that pre-season behind when they rocked up to Waverley Park and get the results where they really matter; the season proper!

I had heard some interesting tales about East Side, like why the good people decided to ditch the place because of the poor access to the ground. They told of this huge carpark as far as the eye could see, and the freezing and isolated conditions of this place. Thankfully I’m not coming into this game as a spectator, wouldn’t want to be one of them.

They also told me that an Eagle is currently leading the Hawks (that’s misleading!), alongside the CEO of the SFA himself. I heard he was retiring from his duties at the end of the season, and had decided to practice his routine of keeping annoying young rookies off his precious lawn by planting posts to protect it. I had been warned that I valued my nose, I should stay clear of the old man, not because he packs a mean hook, but because he smells extremely funky. No wonder they call him the Filth Wizard. (If you’re reading this TFW, it’s their words, not mine!)

For my big debut, Skipper VD came over to me and told me that for a big man, I had a really, REALLY good tank, the best he’s seen for a rookie. With Azarole being the go-to guy (and I had first hand experience in the praccy match against the Roys), and C2R at half forward, he offered me a place on the wing because he felt I could deliver more killer balls in. It was a bit of a pity, because there had been a bit of hype apparently between me and Elton John’s Wig in a tight fight for the EKA. It seemed like there was going to be a bit of a big (figuratively and literally in this case) clash between the rookies with EJW playing HB and myself at HF. It looked like a good opportunity to test out where we stood. But alas, despite my many goals, I accepted the skipper’s offer to play on the wing for my debut game. If skipper thought I could get the job done, I was more than keen to impress on the Wing, and the Wing apparently is one of the big positions in the game, so why not? It was a shame, because I was really looking forward to that matchup, but I had a more important duty to fill for the team.

Truth be told, there seemed to be some tension on the trip to Waverly. It looked like it was stemming from okeydoke7 and BRAB. Those two had a bit of a spat at training in the intra-club practice, mostly because BRAB was ‘disrespecting’ okeydoke with… something?, and how okeydoke is the 3rd best, umm, I don’t know, I didn’t quite get that bit, and well… you know what frustration can do to blokes. The leadership group have seemed to have backed BRAB in this matter, and since then, they seemed to be very on edge. I don’t want to speculate too much on it, but I had a feeling this was going to carry onto the field as I tried to keep my mind on the sights of East Side, thinking about the local speciality. EJW was posting pictures of some fine food on his Instagram, and well, not going to lie, I was feeling just a bit peckish, hadn’t had anything to leave since the bus left, and I was all out of chicken too. If BRAB hadn’t let my chickens out, my nervousness would not be consuming away at what little energy I had left.

Match Day [R1MD]

EJW is actually a closet Elton John Fan.

We got out to the ground, our wonderful away support was there to cheer us on. They may be used to the chilly conditions, but we must look like tiny ants from how far they seem to be. It was a surreal feeling. Yes, I know that this isn’t the Snow Dome, but this was the first time I was playing in front of a packed stadium, not some guy and his dog at the regionals. This was quite the step up. So many eyes, some on me, to see how this rookie went. I felt a bit of queasy feeling in the stomach… I probably shouldn’t have snuck in some KFC before the game, it was greasier than usual (I’m starting to understand why EJW chose the Hawks) the grease was just not agreeing with me right now. I needed to get some fluids in the system and calm the farm or else I might upset the admin and his fine bit of turf. Ticking off the admin before I even played a game, that’s just what I needed.

Then I heard the faint sound of something rather interesting, the Hawks club song, out to greet the home side when they came out to a quiet roar (seriously, they were so far away, I could barely hear them). This was something never covered at the club. I inquired Cats2Raise about it. He informed me that for as far as he can remember, there wasn’t one. Then he had ideas about Savage Garden being the basis of the new club song. I think I saw DemonJim and RU_ trying to hold back the big man from smashing seven bells from the vice captain. We don’t need to be a man down, especially considering that EJW was two men, giving them an unfair advantage.

My opponent for the match was GN80, a scrawny screwball of a man, kinda looks like the guy that you break like a twig with your bare hands and eat for breakfast. Look at the size differences between us! I’m a KPP on the wing, and he’s just a stick. Sticky McGee was keen to give me a rap, explaining that I was playing with the big boys, and was keen to run circles around me and leave me for dead. He was confident that the Hawks were going to win 56 and that the Sloth Man known as Brahj was going to kick 10. He was their star recruit over the last season. A Sloth Man? That was their star forward? What could he possibly do? This is the best the Wizard of Filth and Mr Hawk could do? With guys like BRAB and Rodney Dangerfield, what could go wrong?

The first touch of the game was due to my superior reading of the ball as I gave the hot pill off to cooney. Ha, that was a good one, get in and make a good first impression. GN80 was going to be in for a long day, especially with my EJW with a shonky old one as we got the first goal up.

So good was our game, that we were 19 points up with eight minutes left in the first. We were all over them! I’d like to say it was smooth sailing, but I saw BRAB on the bench on my side of the wing, and he was real stroppy like. He looked like he had eaten a foul tasting meatball, probably made of Soylent Green. He looked ready to kill! He had eyes at okeydoke7 again. I think coach pulled him off to cool down for a bit. I guess I could understand, he had backing from the leadership group, yet here he is on the bench!

There was some debate as to who should take on the Full Back Role. I decided to volunteer for the role. I like to think of myself as a competent defender, and as a big man, I’ll get my chance to shine.

My new opponent was Boncer34, a Hall of Fame legend. I heard they had named a famous game room after this guy. I was now playing on some high class opposition. Sure, he had seen better days, but I was eager to prove myself against this living legend.

We had scored 26 points with 5 to go by the time the Hawks got onto the board. It was a little disappointing to see my former opponent go unrivalled on the wing to kick one heck of a goal. I could’ve stopped that, he was getting a towelling before my move.

Pretty much at the end of the quarter. I had my first real contest against the man, the legend, and I just tossed him aside with my mighty strength and took a big mark. Oh yes, that was a good moment!

What followed after that… wasn’t. I kicked it right into his face, which was picked up by the Sloth for an easy goal to bring them to 20. We hadn’t scored since. Get this right, he gives me one heck of a mocking glare for my critical mistake. To hell with you Sloth, you got lucky because I was still high off my awesome mark.

The 2nd quarter was pretty much a shootout, they got one, we got one. The highlight for me was Rodney Dangerfield really sticking it to one of their players… Number 87 I think it was. Don’t know the guy’s name. I think he had every right to, it was a wonderful save from RD to get save that errant handball and just slot it from beyond the arc. That RD is such a character, I’m glad the club had picked him up. I mean, this is coming from a guy who picked the number 231 (In Season 23, the Demons will be number 1… though really, these numbers do my head in. Three digit numbers? Decimals? Fractions? I’m half surprised we don’t have a square root or even an i running around… I consider it if I wasn’t such a traditionalist… get whole, real and rational, people!).

RD, DemonJim, Cooney and Oddhawk were having a great battle with Loonerty (that guy is cool too), Mr Admin, their number 6, and unfortunately, GN80, the guy that was supposed to me my opposition before my little voluntary relocation to the back.

Half time, and we were 10 up, 45-35. I had kept my Hall of Famer to donuts despite that shootout. I felt like I had somewhat redeemed myself from that silly error.

Pretty much after the 3rd quarter started, big boy BRAB was back and just gave him one heck of mean glare. You just felt like the big man was going to deliver, he had a point to prove! This was going to be fun!

And boy, we didn’t have to wait too long. On like a road roller at full steam in the pocket, BRAB comes charging it, grabs it with one hand, takes a bounce, and BAM! He may be a full back, but he knows how to get them. It felt like this was just the start of the big man to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and blast the hapless Hawks apart!

Unfortunately for the Demon faithful, that would be BRABs first and only contribution for the whole game. He wanted the damn pill, but it just seemed like he had the same polarity as the ball, as that ball seemed to go away from him each time. He looked like he was about to go John Bourke at Waverley, and I don’t think anything could stop him.

It was 72 to 61 the Dees way at the end of the third. I don’t think I ever touched the ball once that quarter. Amazing to think that it was still a bit of a shootout even then, and yet nothing doing. A bit boring for my tastes. I have kept my opponent out of the game and was so far having a game that Simon Prestigicomo would be proud of, total negation!

By the 4th Quarter, Azarole and co. just turned on the after burners as we got 4 unanswered goals and by the half way point, we had a commanding lead. By that point, I was certain that we had done enough, but I was determined to make sure I kept boncer scoreless.

Then it happened! My first touch in nearly a quarter and a half, and I was going at full tilt out of the backline, and then… CRUCH! Jesus-Tap-Dancing-Christ on a pogo stick, that winded me! The HOF had some fight in him after all. Obviously all that pent up energy for me doing a number on him had gotten to him to unleash one beastly tackle. Just remember, I’m a stacked fella, and if I’m feeling it, then you know it was a corker! I know I was running at top speed, by my top speed isn’t exactly that fast. I’ve got a great tank, but not a high top speed. I need to work on that.

Thankfully, that tackle only cost the team a behind, but that behind pretty much allowed the Hawks to fix some of the damage that was done. It was a close game, yes, but for once, we got it somewhat right in the last quarter, even if we didn’t do anything for the last half.

I had the ball in my hands I heard I thought was the siren over the large yet distant stadium. I kicked it into the sun… I don’t know where the ball landed, but I think I conked an unsuspecting hawk. I saw some trainers take away the poor bird. Whoops.

97 to 81. We got a crucial win on the road. I had kept Boncer completely out of the game, and it seems like no matter what position I play, I excel in. I was hoping I was making a good impression with the leadership group with my efforts, though the big problem for me is that I really have no other where I will be playing next. I have played four positions in three games, and none of it being my preferred position as a ruckman. With the way Oddhawk was playing, I doubt I would be playing even relief ruckman any time soon. Oddhawk’s the kind of the player I want to be, the complete package, and a rightful star to our team, another brilliant acquisition both on and off the field (he likes his retro video games, now that, I can dig!)

This was my first game a rookie in the big leagues. All of it still felt like it wasn’t real. Did I just really step out in front of a large crowd (even if it felt far away) kept a legend of the game silent, and shared in a triumph win? It’s just hard to wrap my head around it all.

I didn’t get the Sherrin for my first game, but I took home the dead hawk…it’ll make a good snack for the road.

Best of the Best [R1BB]

From my point of view, Azarole had a good game, 5.1, and led the charge in the final quarter. He was keen to get his hands on some gifts as I saw the master in action in what he did best.

DemonJim had 19 touches, but 8 tackles! He also kicked a couple of handy ones. He’s an older fella, but one that is still going strong, some might say he was even best on ground.

Oddhawk bossed it with 27 touches, a couple of goals, though weirdly, he had no marks. Doesn’t matter, he got in and BEASTed the game.

RD had 25 and kicked an awesome goal, I couldn’t tell which one I liked better between him and BRAB’s, whose only touch was that goal (For the record BRAB was probably worst on ground aside from Boncer, sorry mate!). He had a good contest with Number 6 (I’m sorry, I don’t know your name!)

Van_Dyke kept his opponent scoreless as well, taking 12 touches and 4 strong marks. It seems to be an underrated position in general, so I’m giving him his just dues, because he helped keep things tight during our blitzes.

I myself only had the 10 touches, but I kept boncer silent, just one touch all game. I like to think that I successfully did what was required of me. I wouldn’t consider myself in the best, but I did a damn good job!

If I were to give my 3, 2, 1, it would be:

3. Azarole

2. Oddhawk

1. DemonJim

Post Match [R1PM]

It’s back home again to the cold, but much more pleasant conditions back at the mountain. Hawk on my fork and in my belly, what a treat! I’ve got to work on my top speed and see if this time, I can stay on the wing. Speaking of wings, EJW just posted a picture of a plate of wings. I sure hope BRAB hasn’t let the utensils out this time, because I need a well earned meal after all that.

There is one thing I still don’t get… what the heck is a post? What is with the talk of those posts? How can BRAB have 200+ of these posts and yet put in such a performance if only because of this little feud? How can some Grocked Doc making 1100 of these posts? What do these posts even mean?! I guess that’s something for me to learn more about. Do these posts have something to do with quality? Or does it have no impact at all? Maybe it’s the quality of the post that determines the quality of the play? In this world, if you heard the term post, what does it mean? I am so confused about this.

I know we have posts at the Snow Dome, but they’re not related, are they?

Ah well, next match up sees us against the Roys again, and this time, we’re going to win when it matters!

Last edited:

[WARNING; I don't know how those goes in terms of length, but you'll be here a while, I've even separated it int titles if you want to skip to a certain bit. The match review from my eyes is listed below. A compilation of everything that happened this first week from my eyes.]

Match Day [R1MD]

Best of the Best [R1BB]

Post Match [R1PM]

Diary of a Holy Man:

Round 1: Local delicacy; Hawk on the Fork.

While it had been a good one for me, full of goals, it had been a disappointing pre-season for the team with two losses, including a shutout in the last quarter to the Furies (and for reasons I can’t figure out, that Wa**** Tiger played for both our teams. How has no one called a scandal on that? Maybe no one gives a toss about praccies?). The team were eager to ensure that they put that pre-season behind when they rocked up to Waverley Park and get the results where they really matter; the season proper!

I had heard some interesting tales about East Side, like why the good people decided to ditch the place because of the poor access to the ground. They told of this huge carpark as far as the eye could see, and the freezing and isolated conditions of this place. Thankfully I’m not coming into this game as a spectator, wouldn’t want to be one of them.

They also told me that an Eagle is currently leading the Hawks (that’s misleading!), alongside the CEO of the SFA himself. I heard he was retiring from his duties at the end of the season, and had decided to practice his routine of keeping annoying young rookies off his precious lawn by planting posts to protect it. I had been warned that I valued my nose, I should stay clear of the old man, not because he packs a mean hook, but because he smells extremely funky. No wonder they call him the Filth Wizard. (If you’re reading this TFW, it’s their words, not mine!)

For my big debut, Skipper VD came over to me and told me that for a big man, I had a really, REALLY good tank, the best he’s seen for a rookie. With Azarole being the go-to guy (and I had first hand experience in the praccy match against the Roys), and C2R at half forward, he offered me a place on the wing because he felt I could deliver more killer balls in. It was a bit of a pity, because there had been a bit of hype apparently between me and Elton John’s Wig in a tight fight for the EKA. It seemed like there was going to be a bit of a big (figuratively and literally in this case) clash between the rookies with EJW playing HB and myself at HF. It looked like a good opportunity to test out where we stood. But alas, despite my many goals, I accepted the skipper’s offer to play on the wing for my debut game. If skipper thought I could get the job done, I was more than keen to impress on the Wing, and the Wing apparently is one of the big positions in the game, so why not? It was a shame, because I was really looking forward to that matchup, but I had a more important duty to fill for the team.

Truth be told, there seemed to be some tension on the trip to Waverly. It looked like it was stemming from okeydoke7 and BRAB. Those two had a bit of a spat at training in the intra-club practice, mostly because BRAB was ‘disrespecting’ okeydoke with… something?, and how okeydoke is the 3rd best, umm, I don’t know, I didn’t quite get that bit, and well… you know what frustration can do to blokes. The leadership group have seemed to have backed BRAB in this matter, and since then, they seemed to be very on edge. I don’t want to speculate too much on it, but I had a feeling this was going to carry onto the field as I tried to keep my mind on the sights of East Side, thinking about the local speciality. EJW was posting pictures of some fine food on his Instagram, and well, not going to lie, I was feeling just a bit peckish, hadn’t had anything to leave since the bus left, and I was all out of chicken too. If BRAB hadn’t let my chickens out, my nervousness would not be consuming away at what little energy I had left.

Match Day [R1MD]

We got out to the ground, our wonderful away support was there to cheer us on. They may be used to the chilly conditions, but we must look like tiny ants from how far they seem to be. It was a surreal feeling. Yes, I know that this isn’t the Snow Dome, but this was the first time I was playing in front of a packed stadium, not some guy and his dog at the regionals. This was quite the step up. So many eyes, some on me, to see how this rookie went. I felt a bit of queasy feeling in the stomach… I probably shouldn’t have snuck in some KFC before the game, it was greasier than usual (I’m starting to understand why EJW chose the Hawks) the grease was just not agreeing with me right now. I needed to get some fluids in the system and calm the farm or else I might upset the admin and his fine bit of turf. Ticking off the admin before I even played a game, that’s just what I needed.

Then I heard the faint sound of something rather interesting, the Hawks club song, out to greet the home side when they came out to a quiet roar (seriously, they were so far away, I could barely hear them). This was something never covered at the club. I inquired Cats2Raise about it. He informed me that for as far as he can remember, there wasn’t one. Then he had ideas about Savage Garden being the basis of the new club song. I think I saw DemonJim and RU_ trying to hold back the big man from smashing seven bells from the vice captain. We don’t need to be a man down, especially considering that EJW was two men, giving them an unfair advantage.

My opponent for the match was GN80, a scrawny screwball of a man, kinda looks like the guy that you break like a twig with your bare hands and eat for breakfast. Look at the size differences between us! I’m a KPP on the wing, and he’s just a stick. Sticky McGee was keen to give me a rap, explaining that I was playing with the big boys, and was keen to run circles around me and leave me for dead. He was confident that the Hawks were going to win 56 and that the Sloth Man known as Brahj was going to kick 10. He was their star recruit over the last season. A Sloth Man? That was their star forward? What could he possibly do? This is the best the Wizard of Filth and Mr Hawk could do? With guys like BRAB and Rodney Dangerfield, what could go wrong?

The first touch of the game was due to my superior reading of the ball as I gave the hot pill off to cooney. Ha, that was a good one, get in and make a good first impression. GN80 was going to be in for a long day, especially with my EJW with a shonky old one as we got the first goal up.

So good was our game, that we were 19 points up with eight minutes left in the first. We were all over them! I’d like to say it was smooth sailing, but I saw BRAB on the bench on my side of the wing, and he was real stroppy like. He looked like he had eaten a foul tasting meatball, probably made of Soylent Green. He looked ready to kill! He had eyes at okeydoke7 again. I think coach pulled him off to cool down for a bit. I guess I could understand, he had backing from the leadership group, yet here he is on the bench!

There was some debate as to who should take on the Full Back Role. I decided to volunteer for the role. I like to think of myself as a competent defender, and as a big man, I’ll get my chance to shine.

My new opponent was Boncer34, a Hall of Fame legend. I heard they had named a famous game room after this guy. I was now playing on some high class opposition. Sure, he had seen better days, but I was eager to prove myself against this living legend.

We had scored 26 points with 5 to go by the time the Hawks got onto the board. It was a little disappointing to see my former opponent go unrivalled on the wing to kick one heck of a goal. I could’ve stopped that, he was getting a towelling before my move.

Pretty much at the end of the quarter. I had my first real contest against the man, the legend, and I just tossed him aside with my mighty strength and took a big mark. Oh yes, that was a good moment!

What followed after that… wasn’t. I kicked it right into his face, which was picked up by the Sloth for an easy goal to bring them to 20. We hadn’t scored since. Get this right, he gives me one heck of a mocking glare for my critical mistake. To hell with you Sloth, you got lucky because I was still high off my awesome mark.

The 2nd quarter was pretty much a shootout, they got one, we got one. The highlight for me was Rodney Dangerfield really sticking it to one of their players… Number 87 I think it was. Don’t know the guy’s name. I think he had every right to, it was a wonderful save from RD to get save that errant handball and just slot it from beyond the arc. That RD is such a character, I’m glad the club had picked him up. I mean, this is coming from a guy who picked the number 231 (In Season 23, the Demons will be number 1… though really, these numbers do my head in. Three digit numbers? Decimals? Fractions? I’m half surprised we don’t have a square root or even an i running around… I consider it if I wasn’t such a traditionalist… get whole, real and rational, people!).

RD, DemonJim, Cooney and Oddhawk were having a great battle with Loonerty (that guy is cool too), Mr Admin, their number 6, and unfortunately, GN80, the guy that was supposed to me my opposition before my little voluntary relocation to the back.

Half time, and we were 10 up, 45-35. I had kept my Hall of Famer to donuts despite that shootout. I felt like I had somewhat redeemed myself from that silly error.

Pretty much after the 3rd quarter started, big boy BRAB was back and just gave him one heck of mean glare. You just felt like the big man was going to deliver, he had a point to prove! This was going to be fun!

And boy, we didn’t have to wait too long. On like a road roller at full steam in the pocket, BRAB comes charging it, grabs it with one hand, takes a bounce, and BAM! He may be a full back, but he knows how to get them. It felt like this was just the start of the big man to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and blast the hapless Hawks apart!

Unfortunately for the Demon faithful, that would be BRABs first and only contribution for the whole game. He wanted the damn pill, but it just seemed like he had the same polarity as the ball, as that ball seemed to go away from him each time. He looked like he was about to go John Bourke at Waverley, and I don’t think anything could stop him.

It was 72 to 61 the Dees way at the end of the third. I don’t think I ever touched the ball once that quarter. Amazing to think that it was still a bit of a shootout even then, and yet nothing doing. A bit boring for my tastes. I have kept my opponent out of the game and was so far having a game that Simon Prestigicomo would be proud of, total negation!

By the 4th Quarter, Azarole and co. just turned on the after burners as we got 4 unanswered goals and by the half way point, we had a commanding lead. By that point, I was certain that we had done enough, but I was determined to make sure I kept boncer scoreless.

Then it happened! My first touch in nearly a quarter and a half, and I was going at full tilt out of the backline, and then… CRUCH! Jesus-Tap-Dancing-Christ on a pogo stick, that winded me! The HOF had some fight in him after all. Obviously all that pent up energy for me doing a number on him had gotten to him to unleash one beastly tackle. Just remember, I’m a stacked fella, and if I’m feeling it, then you know it was a corker! I know I was running at top speed, by my top speed isn’t exactly that fast. I’ve got a great tank, but not a high top speed. I need to work on that.

Thankfully, that tackle only cost the team a behind, but that behind pretty much allowed the Hawks to fix some of the damage that was done. It was a close game, yes, but for once, we got it somewhat right in the last quarter, even if we didn’t do anything for the last half.

I had the ball in my hands I heard I thought was the siren over the large yet distant stadium. I kicked it into the sun… I don’t know where the ball landed, but I think I conked an unsuspecting hawk. I saw some trainers take away the poor bird. Whoops.

97 to 81. We got a crucial win on the road. I had kept Boncer completely out of the game, and it seems like no matter what position I play, I excel in. I was hoping I was making a good impression with the leadership group with my efforts, though the big problem for me is that I really have no other where I will be playing next. I have played four positions in three games, and none of it being my preferred position as a ruckman. With the way Oddhawk was playing, I doubt I would be playing even relief ruckman any time soon. Oddhawk’s the kind of the player I want to be, the complete package, and a rightful star to our team, another brilliant acquisition both on and off the field (he likes his retro video games, now that, I can dig!)

This was my first game a rookie in the big leagues. All of it still felt like it wasn’t real. Did I just really step out in front of a large crowd (even if it felt far away) kept a legend of the game silent, and shared in a triumph win? It’s just hard to wrap my head around it all.

I didn’t get the Sherrin for my first game, but I took home the dead hawk…it’ll make a good snack for the road.

Best of the Best [R1BB]

From my point of view, Azarole had a good game, 5.1, and led the charge in the final quarter. He was keen to get his hands on some gifts as I saw the master in action in what he did best.

DemonJim had 19 touches, but 8 tackles! He also kicked a couple of handy ones. He’s an older fella, but one that is still going strong, some might say he was even best on ground.

Oddhawk bossed it with 27 touches, a couple of goals, though weirdly, he had no marks. Doesn’t matter, he got in and BEASTed the game.

RD had 25 and kicked an awesome goal, I couldn’t tell which one I liked better between him and BRAB’s, whose only touch was that goal (For the record BRAB was probably worst on ground aside from Boncer, sorry mate!). He had a good contest with Number 6 (I’m sorry, I don’t know your name!)

Van_Dyke kept his opponent scoreless as well, taking 12 touches and 4 strong marks. It seems to be an underrated position in general, so I’m giving him his just dues, because he helped keep things tight during our blitzes.

I myself only had the 10 touches, but I kept boncer silent, just one touch all game. I like to think that I successfully did what was required of me. I wouldn’t consider myself in the best, but I did a damn good job!

If I were to give my 3, 2, 1, it would be:

3. Azarole

2. Oddhawk

1. DemonJim

Post Match [R1PM]

It’s back home again to the cold, but much more pleasant conditions back at the mountain. Hawk on my fork and in my belly, what a treat! I’ve got to work on my top speed and see if this time, I can stay on the wing. Speaking of wings, EJW just posted a picture of a plate of wings. I sure hope BRAB hasn’t let the utensils out this time, because I need a well earned meal after all that.

There is one thing I still don’t get… what the heck is a post? What is with the talk of those posts? How can BRAB have 200+ of these posts and yet put in such a performance if only because of this little feud? How can some Grocked Doc making 1100 of these posts? What do these posts even mean?! I guess that’s something for me to learn more about. Do these posts have something to do with quality? Or does it have no impact at all? Maybe it’s the quality of the post that determines the quality of the play? In this world, if you heard the term post, what does it mean? I am so confused about this.

I know we have posts at the Snow Dome, but they’re not related, are they?

Ah well, next match up sees us against the Roys again, and this time, we’re going to win when it matters!
Shutup okeydoke7

2a0cca1cfb8246d049608f0f80b0d954.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because I've promised to retire on multiple occasions and now I'm actually going to go through with it.
Eh, I've never promised to retire. Or even said hey I'm retiring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back