Did Jesse play In Canberra?

Remove this Banner Ad

I may have missed it, but I don't seem to recall any posts talking about how Jesse went. Did he play? And if so, how did he go?

With everyone raving about Wells, Anthony and Petrie, it's easy to forget that Jesse's comeback was one of the most important aspects of our preseason, in terms of where we might get to this season.

Allegedly, his facebook status read "feeling flat".

Really hope there isn't much in it, will be horrible luck if he actually has done his hamstring.

Apparently, had his hami strapped with ice.

I am assuming he actually played though?

Wonder if the hard ground was a factor, but I suppose TD is probably as hard as they come...

some ppl are saying he got injured and didnt play the 2nd half

but theres another guy that thinks he played the whole game

I'm sure we will be training at some stage over the next couple of days, if he has done a hammy i'd doubt he would take any part in it. We will know soon enough

Optimism and luck aside, what are peoples feelings in regards to Jesse? Will he make it, or will he be our next Blake Grima?

Hopefully this makes everyone feel a bit better. Looks like Jesse is fine. Maybe a little sore which is to be expected but nothing more than that.

INJURIES
North Melbourne: Nil
Fremantle: Ibbotson (corked thigh), O'Brien (shoulder)

Hopefully this makes everyone feel a bit better. Looks like Jesse is fine. Maybe a little sore which is to be expected but nothing more than that.

INJURIES
North Melbourne: Nil
Fremantle: Ibbotson (corked thigh), O'Brien (shoulder)
facebook status update > that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Optimism and luck aside, what are peoples feelings in regards to Jesse? Will he make it, or will he be our next Blake Grima?
Jesse has more talent than Grima, Urch and Trotter put together. And they all had plenty of talent. That is what makes this so damn hard.

Jesse has more talent than Grima, Urch and Trotter put together. And they all had plenty of talent. That is what makes this so damn hard.

Fair call. Say what you will about players like Watt and Brown... their bodies hold up. :(

I'd probably say that Grima would've made it into our best 22 regularly if fit. Eventually though we had to cut our losses. If Jesse has injured himself again, it's starting to look unlikely he'll make it.

As much as I hate to say it, if 2009 turns out to be another 2006/08, Jess might have to start considering his options. Geelong went through the same thing with Paul Lynch. A supremely talented footballer, but just couldn't get his body right. We're all hopeful, but we also need to be realistic.

Hi guys, just thought I'll let you know that Smith did injure his hamstring and will be out for the next three weeks. A real shame as I really rate him highly and would love to see him injury free and firing, not to mention that he was in my supercoach plans.
Hopefully he gets a change of luck and gets to get out on to the park. He is a huge loss for you guys.

Hi guys, just thought I'll let you know that Smith did injure his hamstring and will be out for the next three weeks. A real shame as I really rate him highly and would love to see him injury free and firing, not to mention that he was in my supercoach plans.
Hopefully he gets a change of luck and gets to get out on to the park. He is a huge loss for you guys.

s**t. If true that is extremely serious stuff. For someone who had persistent hamstring trouble all year last year, to do one after the first practice match, really puts huge doubt on whether he can overcome the issue.

To miss 3 weeks is not the end of it. The club will probably take extra care and give him a week or two extra to recover. That will put him into the VFL by the time AFL season is into about round 3. For someone who hasn't played for nearly a year, that is a huge set back that means he won't realistically hit form until round 5 or so. Catch up footy for Jesse must be mentally extremely tough on him. I wish him all the strength and luck in the world to get over it.

If Max Rooke is worth sending to Europe to god knows where to get himself ryt then why the hell have we been waiting 3 years. Some other richmond dud went aswell. We myt aswell try.

I hear its been discussed, but at this stage the club is saying resting him in the second half was mainly precautionary and there isn't a strain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back