News Dids playing for Coldstream FC at Coldstream Main Oval, Sat June 28, (luncheon @ 12pm, game 2:10)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 30, 2005
in a house
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
box hill
A friend of mine is a Mad Pie supporter and coaches and does stuff for a footy team in Coldstream
and he has this event happening that may interest you lot
Dids and Daicos will be there going by this

https://www.facebook.com/events/240...estsessionid=6a12a3ac1ff790e9f7e945f44659e795

Dids pulls on the big V jumper for Coldstream FC Seniors v Nunawading at Coldstream Main Oval.

Sports luncheon 12-2pm with Didak and Daicos as guest speaker, tickets $50 a head and limited

Gates open 10am, Reserves 11.50am and Seniors 2.10pm.

For all pie and general footy lovers, see the master in close snap a few snags. (especially no pies playing on this day this is your chance)

Also Dids will be training Thursday prior, auctions, photos get around a great day to be had by all !

The Rat Pack is coming to town !

Last edited:

Bottom v 2nd bottom in lowest division EFL... Good on Coldstream for trying something though and would be interesting to see what a one season retired AFL player would do to some weekend battlers... reckon he will annihilate them.

My mate is possibly playing on him.

I probably know him if he has been there 4 years, I played there. Good bunch of blokes but very ordinary team and constantly on brink of folding... not really their fault with no juniors and every decent player taking off to get some coin, although I think half of Nuna's seniors also get paid.

Be a buzz for your mate if he gets to play on Dids though, buzz for both clubs really.

Word to the wise for anyone who does decide to go... DO NOT rely on your GPS to get there... I remember a game at South Belgrave I had no idea where it was so punched in address into maps and thought I'd get there an hour early for warm up etc.

GPS led me way up into the hills on dirt tracks and me and 3 others who did the same thing all arrived close to half time... and we were playing.

Most frustrating thing that ever happened to me... one bloke gave up on footy after that, tearing my groin put paid to me 3 weeks later.

Word to the wise for anyone who does decide to go... DO NOT rely on your GPS to get there... I remember a game at South Belgrave I had no idea where it was so punched in address into maps and thought I'd get there an hour early for warm up etc.

GPS led me way up into the hills on dirt tracks and me and 3 others who did the same thing all arrived close to half time... and we were playing.

Most frustrating thing that ever happened to me... one bloke gave up on footy after that, tearing my groin put paid to me 3 weeks later.
maroondah hwy goes through lilydale and all the way to coldsrteam goes through the middle of it if you get to killara road gone too far go back to other shops it is on there somewhere the road goes around the back of the shops so if you go the wrong way should still get there south gateway is what you need

https://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&pc=FACEBK&mid=8100&rtp=adr.~pos.-37.7299299853_145.379763841_Coldstream Clubrooms_Coldstream, Victoria, Australia 3770&cp=-37.7299299853~145.379763841&lvl=16&sty=r&rtop=0~0~0~&mode=D&FORM=FBKPL2&mkt=en-GB

Reckon I might come along!

People should, players from these clubs do work hard and get up week in week out despite getting flogged 9 out of every 10.

They have no hope of playing finals in foreseeable future and I would be thrilled to see them have a special day with a couple of thousand people watching, plus these clubs desperately need every cent they can get.

At first I wondered why Coldstream rather than a big strong suburban club like most others do, but the more I think about it it's actually a great service to the game at lower levels what Dids and Daics are doing here, because clubs like this get little to no exposure and struggle to fill their committees let alone field sides.

It's a great reward for effort for those playing and hopefully a nice earner for them too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People should, players from these clubs do work hard and get up week in week out despite getting flogged 9 out of every 10.

They have no hope of playing finals in foreseeable future and I would be thrilled to see them have a special day with a couple of thousand people watching, plus these clubs desperately need every cent they can get.

At first I wondered why Coldstream rather than a big strong suburban club like most others do, but the more I think about it it's actually a great service to the game at lower levels what Dids and Daics are doing here, because clubs like this get little to no exposure and struggle to fill their committees let alone field sides.

It's a great reward for effort for those playing and hopefully a nice earner for them too.
agree fully on they need people there etc

the guy who coaches down there may have, at a guess and only a guess, organised it via Damian Monkhorst as he and i both went to school with Monkey,
they may have also organised it a different way too anything is possible
but i know he is a mad pie fan as well as coach and that connection to Monkey is there as well
i reckon it would be awesome to get a crowd down there for them it would boost that club up well and truly

regardless of how organised it is awesome what those two are doing for the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back