GRAND FINAL
TREVOR BARKER OVAL 11:45am SAT 10/9
Kew
Old CamberwellOld CamberwellKew
1st SEMIFINALvsvs
PEGSPEGSPEGS
Glen Eira

Last edited:
Long time reader first time poster gents. Glen Eira v Prahran this week. The Gryphons have copped it pretty easy this year is it time they finally prove themselves or are they fraudulent in d1 this year? I guess we’ll see how good their coach is after the weekend. Walks around like he’s been in the AFL system for 25 years.
I would've thought he'd be pretty happy

Fair play Bedford, I can chin that. Decent performance it seems.

I was lucky enough to see the whitefriars v peninsula game. Makes the relegation battle very interesting.

Great win by the severely undermanned Friars boys.

Was a very interesting call by the men in green to not report or even yellow card a dangerous tackle that took a player out of the game. Yet got offended when the trainer wanted the game stopped to get the player off safely and paid a downfield against him.

Peninsula were definitely given plenty of free shots in the last qtr by the men in green but struggled on a real sized ground.

Was a very interesting call by the men in green to not report or even yellow card a dangerous tackle that took a player out of the game. Yet got offended when the trainer wanted the game stopped to get the player off safely and paid a downfield against him.

Peninsula were definitely given plenty of free shots in the last qtr by the men in green but struggled on a real sized ground.
Being there live, I thought Peninsula were hard done by. The ‘men in green’ shafted them live. Not sure how bias you are being but the umpiring was deplorable towards the pirates

I’ll be at Camberwell v Glen Eira this weekend if anyone would like to chat footy and have a coffee with me while watching some quality Footy! Will have a keen eye for some top talent running around

It's a genuine 8 point game and must win. A win puts us 10 points in front of 5th with 5 games to go. A loss keeps us in the 4 but only 2 points clear with some tough games to come.

I don't think Packer Park will be heavy its in pretty good condition.
I don’t think I’ve seen a better username in my time in BF. 👍

Good win on the weekend by the Gryphs.

Another 8 point game against Old Camberwell this week who have been good since we played them at home. A win will just about lock in a finals appearance.

I’ll be at Camberwell v Glen Eira this weekend if anyone would like to chat footy and have a coffee with me while watching some quality Footy! Will have a keen eye for some top talent running around
You seem to get around a bit Diamond Joe. Whitefriars game last week, our game this week, you must be a big D1 fan.

Funny from what I saw, the friar trainers were lucky to only get one down field. But good to see the Boys fight out the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem to get around a bit Diamond Joe. Whitefriars game last week, our game this week, you must be a big D1 fan.

Sorry for liking footy? I wonder if the new interpretation on ducking for too high frees will apply to div1 vafa? If so, I wish the very best to Riley Verbi who will need to find a new way to get a kick

Funny from what I saw, the friar trainers were lucky to only get one down field. But good to see the Boys fight out the game.

Well I’d be interested in Brainy Tim or Over The Post opinions in whether play should be stopped if a trainer is attending a player and removing them from the field or if play should only be stopped for a stretcher?

If the ball is in vicinity of the injured player, stop the play, but if the ball is not in the vicinity, play on!

Well it was in the vicinity as the injured player got the free kick. Then the play was on the wing in front of the bench they are trying to get the injured player to. This is where the umpires cleared it away by paying a free kick against the trainer.

Well it was in the vicinity as the injured player got the free kick. Then the play was on the wing in front of the bench they are trying to get the injured player to. This is where the umpires cleared it away by paying a free kick against the trainer.
Sounds like a harsh decision

Well I’d be interested in Brainy Tim or Over The Post opinions in whether play should be stopped if a trainer is attending a player and removing them from the field or if play should only be stopped for a stretcher?

According to the AFL laws of the game, which the VAFA have linked to rather than incorporating into the VAFA Handbook, then no, it is only stopped for a stretcher.

I'd like to think that common sense would apply, however that goes out the window when a player hobbling off with the assistance of a trainer stages a miraculous recovery and attempts to mark or contests the ball if it heads in their direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back