D3 Division 3 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 700525

Great work from SavageHound, faith in the Snakes well rewarded.

As I was being thoroughly drenched and frozen in Tarneit this afternoon, the consensus around the timekeepers bench was "thank god we're not at Westbourne today"... would have been a gutsy effort from both sides at Arctic Park.

What would be colder?
"Arctic Park" or Wyndham Suns form?

Although thanks for the concern 😉

It's July and I still hate this two teams bye bs.

If draw equality has to be such a high priority, that is every team must play each other twice for 14 games and 4 byes, would still much prefer that the 4 byes be grouped together. Give all teams 4 weeks off when everyone goes away in the middle of the year, or start the season for all teams 4 weeks later. Too stop-start at the moment for clubs.

Great idea Jezzas. Most clubs struggle in July to field two teams (sometimes three) with injuries, players losing interest, young fellas travelling abroad etc. I think that idea could work and makes the competition even. Something for the VAFA to keep in mind for the future.
Unfortunately it's too late for that now, and I dare say the VAFA will attempt to include more teams into this division next year to make it simpler. Presuming there is not relegation (?)....
Currently 8 clubs: 1 team goes up (Div 3 premiers)
2 teams from Div 4 come up (Div 4 Grand Finalists)
1 team from Div 2 comes down (Div 2 wooden spoon)

10 teams would be perfect. And it would require 1 more team from clubbies ie St Johns to return via Div 4.. Alternatively St Johns return to Div 3 (which I think would be fair), and only 1 team come up from Div 4 (premiers)

Top 4. Manningham
Aquinas
Richmond
Canterbury

G/F. Manningham vs aquinas
Premiers. Manningham

Div3 B&F. Tom Bell /Paul Baranello

TOP 4: Aquinas, Manningham, Canterbury, Emmaus

GF: Aquinas v Manningham

Div 3 B & F: the person/people at VAFA responsible for not adjusting the fixture to a 8 team comp (I dont care what the clubs voted for)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone surprised by the Manningham v Canterbury result.. I thought it would be much closer than that
I didn't see the game, but the result is a worrying sign that the best of the rest are a fair way off the top 2. A decent amount of find to be made up of that's not the case

What’s even more worrying is that manningham where without 3 of there best defenders, last years B&F and the competitions leading goal kicker. Really can’t see anyone getting close to them once they are all back..

What’s even more worrying is that manningham where without 3 of there best defenders, last years B&F and the competitions leading goal kicker. Really can’t see anyone getting close to them once they are all back..
"Them" or us ?......It's yours to lose then, no pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back