D4 Division 4 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the VAFA Tribunal will have their voice on all this tonight (assuming they have been provided the footage referenced in this thread).

I guess the VAFA Tribunal will have their voice on all this tonight (assuming they have been provided the footage referenced in this thread).

Interesting if the footage is provided after the claims from the Masala man in here that he has viewed it. Let's hope the VAFA read bigfooty or will they be happy with "its been deleted excuse" ?

Surely the first thing the tribunal does is ask both clubs in question for video evidence? Surely.

And if so, I'm sure the video that is stated in Stacks On thread will be readily available.

Lets hope so Gia.
I would like to think that is standard policy and not just a special request from the VAFA. Many games are filmed now and although they can't film all parts of the ground it can help.
Every incident should be investigated to ensure player safety is paramount, hence video footage should be requested from both involved clubs. If there's video evidence of people throwing punches, let alone multiple punches. They can have a rest for 12 months and have a think about what they've done, zero tolerance. To me, it does not matter who started it or any of that type of excuse. You throw hands, you get thrown out.

I would like to think that is standard policy and not just a special request from the VAFA. Many games are filmed now and although they can't film all parts of the ground it can help.
Every incident should be investigated to ensure player safety is paramount, hence video footage should be requested from both involved clubs. If there's video evidence of people throwing punches, let alone multiple punches. They can have a rest for 12 months and have a think about what they've done, zero tolerance. To me, it does not matter who started it or any of that type of excuse. You throw hands, you get thrown out.
Confirming that Masala reached out to the VAFA and Eley Park and volunteered the footage prior to being asked and sent as soon as it was available.

Also with reference to a previous previous comment in the thread relating to a red card earlier in the year, this was not for striking.
I reiterate that any and all instances of striking that the club is aware of were met with a season suspension.

Confirming that Masala reached out to the VAFA and Eley Park and volunteered the footage prior to being asked and sent as soon as it was available.

Also with reference to a previous previous comment in the thread relating to a red card earlier in the year, this was not for striking.
I reiterate that any and all instances of striking that the club is aware of were met with a season suspension.

Are you only suspending players from the club if they are given a red card for "striking" and not the other instances that are not carded but reported to the VAFA and on the vision from previous games? Was last week's vision provided to the VAFA?

Your suggestion in here say you should.

Are you only suspending players from the club if they are given a red card for "striking" and not the other instances that are unreported but on the vision from previous games?

Your suggestion in here say you should.
If Masala has verifiable evidence whether video or internal leadership witnesses which confirm a player has punched another player, they will be suspended.
From the last Albert Park game, the video did not clearly show a strike, however the Reserves coach and field umpire verified that they saw an open handed slap, Hence the club immediately suspended the player for the remainder of the season despite the VAFA prescribing a 2 week suspension.
Like I have said, Masala has zero tolerance for striking.

If Masala has verifiable evidence whether video or internal leadership witnesses which confirm a player has punched another player, they will be suspended.
From the last Albert Park game, the video did not clearly show a strike, however the Reserves coach and field umpire verified that they saw an open handed slap, Hence the club immediately suspended the player for the remainder of the season despite the VAFA prescribing a 2 week suspension.
Like I have said, Masala has zero tolerance for striking.

Assuming Masala will have no issue releasing the game footage to Albert Park?

Eley Park player sustained a severe concussion and broken arm (trying to defend himself)
However, people on this forum knowingly omitted the fact that the Eley Park player went out of his way to start the altercation AND threw the first punch which was an absolute haymaker. The video evidence is extremely clear on this. In relation to his broken hand, the video shows that there's no other way that his right hand could have been broken.

Orangered is saying that the Eley Park player's arm was broken, not his hand.

Orangered is saying that the Eley Park player's arm was broken, not his hand.
That's not what the Eley Park team manager told us after the game. The video evidence also shows no contact between anyone and the Eley Park players arm. The vision is very clear.

Sad to hear reports of such behaviour from Masala players. In the past, all games I attended as a volunteer and spectator were played in good spirits. I sure hope something can be done about this - shocking stuff really and just sad
Punch on last year between Masala + Wicks @Masala that started with a cheap one thrown behind play. Crowd members including the canteen lady got involved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tribunal - VAFA ... no VAFA suspensions imposed? Ongoing investigation perhaps.

Interesting further investigation against Richmond Central resulted in 8 matches for striking.

Be interesting if nothing comes of this, how quickly it would make it to the papers. Bad look for all involved if the VAFA stay silent

Let's hope they are doing an investigation like the Richmond Central guy.
Richmond Centrals are a joke of a club, worst culture in VAFA as far as I am concerned. Had a bloke suspended this year against Hawthorn for headbutting
What happened that a player gets 8 weeks? Was there footage? Richmond should be derigistered with so many suspensions in a season

Let's hope they are doing an investigation like the Richmond Central guy.
The VAFA will only investigate if Eley Park put in a report, iDon did your club report Masala to the VAFA ?
This request had to be lodged by Monday so if they haven't lodged one it's bad luck and the Masala players will get nothing more than a slap on the wrist from Stacks on.

The VAFA will only investigate if Eley Park put in a report, iDon did your club report Masala to the VAFA ?
This request had to be lodged by Monday so if they haven't lodged one it's bad luck and the Masala players will get nothing more than a slap on the wrist from Stacks on.

I know Albert Park reported them Monday after the game.

Masala sent the footage so looks like something was reported.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back