D4 Division 4 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing whispers of a closed door tribunal, no acknowledgement and multiple suspensions handed out.

"Worst thing I've seen, multiple blokes bashing the one guy" - EP comment.

Interesting because didn't our Masala rep play the victim for his guy and blamed the Eely Park as the instigator?

Hearing whispers of a closed door tribunal, no acknowledgement and multiple suspensions handed out.

Interesting because didn't our Masala rep play the victim for his guy and blamed the Eely Park as the instigator?
Do you mean that you are hearing that suspensions have been imposed by VAFA but they have not been publicly announced?

I heard the EP bloke got 4 weeks for the first punch, apparently he broke his hand in the hit. Dunno about dandenong bloke

I heard the EP bloke got 4 weeks for the first punch, apparently he broke his hand in the hit. Dunno about dandenong bloke

Heard 8 weeks and some for a second individual from Masala. Zero for EP bloke.

Im sure this comes out with the official findings from the tribunal and VAFA.

Hi All,
Just thought I'd chime in to correct some false statements being made in this forum about the incident in the Reserves Masala vs Eley Park game.
I've watched the video and it is absolutely 100% clear from the vision that the Eley Park player started the fight by running out of his way to push a Masala player in the back, the two players then grabbed each other at which point the Eley Park player threw the first punch connecting with the Masala players eye so hard that the Eley Park player broke his hand. Only then did another Masala player jump in to hit the Eley Park player at which point the Masala player who was originally hit and was clearly concussed and lucky to be still standing had a brain explosion and punched him a few more times.
I don't condone the Masala players going over the top with the retaliation, but the facts have to be stated.

I also know that even though they didn't start the fight, Masala has suspended the 2 players involved for the remainder of the season including any finals the club plays. This will hurt them as they're probably the best to players in the ressies.

There's no place for violence in footy.
Mate you’re genuinley full of s**t, you’ve paraded around that your club is inclusive, fair and multicultural when the reality is the players involved in these incidents are the type of people that oppose everything your club stands for. If you truly believe in these things, ban these players form ever putting on the masala guernsey again and show some integrity. You keep them out there knowing they are going to do this and your negligence is absolutely disgusting. Good luck running your joke of a club into the ground, you deserve it.

Interesting that the second player from Masala is going to the tribunal. Contesting? Having viewed the vision its disgusting to see. VAFA remaining silent even worse.
Maybe it will all come out in the tribunal results listing on Wednesday. How'd you get your hands on the vision?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe the EP players initial punch got 2 weeks (with early guilty plea)
The Masala Player who threw 1 subsequent punch goes to tribunal this Tuesday (category 2= mandatory hearing).
Masala player who threw subsequent 3 punches got 8 weeks.

I should reiterate for those who missed - Masala immediately suspended both its players for remainder of 2022 before VAFA report was even made. These guys (arguably 2 the best players) will both miss the first finals campaign in club history.

Unrelated note, interesting reading the age over the weekend - turns out Masala has not been the only party to complain about racism only to have it fall on deaf ears this year. Something in that.

I believe the EP players initial punch got 2 weeks (with early guilty plea)
The Masala Player who threw 1 subsequent punch goes to tribunal this Tuesday (category 2= mandatory hearing).
Masala player who threw subsequent 3 punches got 8 weeks.

I should reiterate for those who missed - Masala immediately suspended both its players for remainder of 2022 before VAFA report was even made. These guys (arguably 2 the best players) will both miss the first finals campaign in club history.

Unrelated note, interesting reading the age over the weekend - turns out Masala has not been the only party to complain about racism only to have it fall on deaf ears this year. Something in that.

Thanks Disco for your update.

But let's not turn this into a sob story about the two best players missing finals. your stance should simply be "we don't have a club that supports violence and we have kicked them out immediately."

Aren't they the two brothers who were kicked out of St Johns for fighting and came to your club and have done the same each week? Interesting pick up.

Also with the racism stuff, horrible and shouldnt happen. Disappointing that it was reported? And nothing acted on. Vafa seems very slow or unwilling to act at times in a prompt manner

Thanks Disco for your update.

But let's not turn this into a sob story about the two best players missing finals. your stance should simply be "we don't have a club that supports violence and we have kicked them out immediately."

Aren't they the two brothers who were kicked out of St Johns for fighting and came to your club and have done the same each week? Interesting pick up.
First part is absolutely right, should all be about safe and respectful football.

These players are not those two individuals, fantastic blokes however they decided to part ways with the club which was done due to there personal reasons which is totally respected and understood. I think the issue is holistically the masala reserve team tends to target players violently and even worse, their coaching staff enable this behaviour. These players have families and when you’re beating down on people it becomes more than just a football tussle.

First part is absolutely right, should all be about safe and respectful football.

These players are not those two individuals, fantastic blokes however they decided to part ways with the club which was done due to there personal reasons which is totally respected and understood. I think the issue is holistically the masala reserve team tends to target players violently and even worse, their coaching staff enable this behaviour. These players have families and when you’re beating down on people it becomes more than just a football tussle.

The two guys across from St Johns to Masala are fanastic blokes?

100% mate wouldn’t of said it otherwise. Unfortunately the situation with the club didn’t work which is totally fine not everything is gonna be smooth sailing.

The ones that continue to fight on the footy field? Not sure that qualifies them as good blokes in anyone's eyes. We are playing footy, not boxing.

Life bans if they have a reputation at St Johns, have moved to Masala and the same thing is happening?

I will not cop that, you cannot be a good bloke/s yet have a reputation for fighting at 2 different clubs. If Masala were serious, they'd kick them out of the club and let the VAFA know so further transfers to other clubs keep happening and more trouble is had.

Have seen the footage.

Eley Park player shoves Masala Player 1 after running from about 10m away
Masala player 2 runs into remonstrate with a shove, scuffle ensues
Eley Park player throws a right hook which landed very solidly on Masala Player 2
Masala player 1 runs in an lands a big overhand right (likely the damaging blow).
Masala player 2 then wrestles Eley Park player (who was already going down) to the ground and lands an ok right and 2 extra meaningless punches.

Upon analysis all suspensions seem fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back