Oct 5, 2005
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Glory, Force, W.Perth
Yeah that would be very bad karma...

Here's what we should do:

Hire one of those planes that has the tail banner attached that says "West Coast Eagles for the Spoon 2010" and have it do laps around Subi oval for the day :thumbsu:

Every member could chip in $1 and that could cover it nicely (roughly $35,000) though I have no idea how much it costs for something like that

Anyone thinking of bringing a wooden spoon on Sunday? Well, as much as it is funny, Pavlich (and Harvey) both see it as bad sportsmanship. And I kinda have to agree (and before I get lectured, shut up!!).

Basically, it would be stooping to a very low level. Just remember, karma is a bitch.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/7645571/pav-tells-fans-forget-wooden-spoons/

Why Mr Pavlich has even bothered to mention this in his press conference is beyond me....seriously Pav you bringing it to the attention of the public just makes it ground swell & there will now be more spoons at Subi Oval on Sunday after your comments....good work!!:thumbsu:

How it is bad sportsmanship to give sh** to another side that we hate is also beyond me? Get a life!! I say - BYO spoons if you want - I'll laugh my head off. Of course, we must win the game first though...

....& the comments stooping to a low level? Karma is a bitch? - get over yourself!...get on the front foot...bag the Coast...can't stand them!!! Geez if Carlton was playing Collingwood & the Pies were in last possie & just got spanked by the Blues...there would 50,000 spoons being waved in the face of the Pies players trudging off the field - we're not waving decapatated heads or anything people!!..its a wooden spoon!! & no Blues fan one would think twice about doing it - just because its WA & it's the precious Wet Toast the media have asked Pav a question that has cornered him & heeds as a warning to Freo supporters! WTF - get over it Toasters!! Get over it the media...get over it anyone bagging it on BigFooty...it's a friggin wooden spoon...bad sportsmanship? F*** me

Did you even read the article? It was more to the point that we should be worrying about our own team, not the mob down the road. And it's true. I do see your point though. I'm more or less concerned about if we lost the amount of s**t that would be hung off us, and being forced to eat humble pie with the spoons.

Did you even read the article? It was more to the point that we should be worrying about our own team, not the mob down the road. And it's true. I do see your point though. I'm more or less concerned about if we lost the amount of s**t that would be hung off us, and being forced to eat humble pie with the spoons.

I don't think anyone's spoon will see the light of day unless we're in a winning position - much like Joffa's gold jacket.....

This is one of those instances of Pav being too nice for his own good I think.

Hopefully he doesn't really mean it and is just being politically correct to avoid giving the eagles any ammo for extra motivation.

Weagles supporters brought their spoons in 2001 to the derby, they then went on to win a grand final 5 years later. Karma doesn't exist. It's a bit of fun, this isn't communist china or the bulldogs.

You've all been sucked in to the robot world of modern AFL. Aker even got sacked for not toeing the corporate line.
This latest rubbish from a club captain about not bringing your spoons to the game is more of the same nonsense.
Its like telling wrestling fans not to bring home made posters.
Footy is no longer a sport.
Its business and entertainment.
And while I'm paying, I reserve the right to boo the villain and cheer the hero.
And bring my wooden spoon.

A very juvenile idea and brings us down into the "slime".

What, did a 10 yo come up with the idea? Give me a break!

Now its ridicolous?

Lets get everyone to bring cucumber sandwiches to the football, sit with our hands on our knees, look straight forward & clap every good piece of football. Don't boo, don't bring wooden spoons, don't yell any sort of remarks that may unsettle the opposition, clap the losers off the field...seriously WTF - get over it.

BE LOUD
BOO EVERYONE
BE INTIMIDATING
BRING SPOONS

it's footy!! its not chess championships!! Juvenile????WTF - it's called barracking for your team...juvenile are those stupid clappers that d***head Eagle supporters bring to the game.....

I'm guessing your the type that leaves at 3/4 time and doesn't yell at the footy as it's off putting!!

If someone wants to bring a wooden spoon to the footy to wave off the Eagles as they trudge off the ground, I'm all for it!!......bag 'em!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now its ridicolous?

Lets get everyone to bring cucumber sandwiches to the football, sit with our hands on our knees, look straight forward & clap every good piece of football. Don't boo, don't bring wooden spoons, don't yell any sort of remarks that may unsettle the opposition, clap the losers off the field...seriously WTF - get over it.

BE LOUD
BOO EVERYONE
BE INTIMIDATING
BRING SPOONS

it's footy!! its not chess championships!! Juvenile????WTF - it's called barracking for your team...juvenile are those stupid clappers that d***head Eagle supporters bring to the game.....

I'm guessing your the type that leaves at 3/4 time and doesn't yell at the footy as it's off putting!!

If someone wants to bring a wooden spoon to the footy to wave off the Eagles as they trudge off the ground, I'm all for it!!......bag 'em!!
Don't mind a bit of rhetoric do ya?

some port fan took a wooden spoon to their derby an fox showed it on tv.
I laughed

geez how boring is this world becoming.
oh plz dont take your spoons an rub their noses in it
who cares if it actually has the reverse effect an spurs them on to do everything in their power to not win the spoon.

Its a bit off light hearted humour, a dig at our rivals doesnt hurt anyone.

Would they rather us go around belting any eagles tosser we see at the game, or go indian cricket fan style an take eagles player effigies to the game an burn them.

And players plz dont do any handstands or massive celebrations as it puts too much focus on u an its all about the team plus if you celebrate too much you might make the other team feel too bad.

Weagles supporters brought their spoons in 2001 to the derby, they then went on to win a grand final 5 years later. Karma doesn't exist. It's a bit of fun, this isn't communist china or the bulldogs.

I agree - bring your spoons. This is what rivalry is all about.

I'm sure no one will lose any sleep over it.

The only thing wrong with bringing spoons is if we lose, then you'd look quite the fool. I guess you could throw them at the umpires. Better bring a coat or bag where you can hide your spoon until the final siren.

Bring your spoons! I'm heading with my mate (so I'll have to sit with the Freo members :p) and we've been bantering all week about how he's bringing his wooden spoon, and I'm bringing 3 cups to drink my coke out of.

It's all fun and games, no harm done at all! People take things too seriously sometimes...

People like Daniel take their West Coast very very seriously, might offend him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back