Do you worry about the concessions the Western Bulldogs have received?

Remove this Banner Ad

DrEvil_

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I've thought this for a while, but I really fear for the equity of this competition with the ridiculous concessions the WB have been given by fat Andy.

The pantsing of GWS today was not surprising at all, in fact, I'm surprised it took so long for it to happen. From my count, they had well dominated the Saturday/Sunday twilight time slot. Given the amount of times they were scheduled there year after year, and relative lack of practice by all other clubs, it is currently the greatest home-time advantage ever.

I just find it hard to accept the media gushing over the doggies this year, like they have gone from a bunch of spuds to superstars overnight.

There is no other side in the comp that could lose guys like Griffen, Lake, Ward etc and not even bat an eyelid.

eyWRTfL.gif

The OP is obviously taking the piss. And to be honest we appreciate his tongue in cheek appraisal of the Doggies positive rise from the grave. The Giants have/will receive 30+ 1st round picks in it's first half dozen years of existence. Given the silver spoon rise GWS has received, teams on the down when the GWS were spawned, ala, Dogs, Dees, Lions have had to fend outwit and battle well beyond their weight class.

Long live the Dogs, and F the GWS!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've thought this for a while, but I really fear for the equity of this competition with the ridiculous concessions the WB have been given by fat Andy.

The pantsing of GWS today was not surprising at all, in fact, I'm surprised it took so long for it to happen. From my count, they had well dominated the Saturday/Sunday twilight time slot. Given the amount of times they were scheduled there year after year, and relative lack of practice by all other clubs, it is currently the greatest home-time advantage ever.

I just find it hard to accept the media gushing over the doggies this year, like they have gone from a bunch of spuds to superstars overnight.

There is no other side in the comp that could lose guys like Griffen, Lake, Ward etc and not even bat an eyelid.
Excellent troll.

The best displays of irony should always contain a degree of subtlety.

You forgot one big concession that has annoyed me. The AFL allowing them to be called "Western". WTF is Western? Where is Western? It's annoying and the one reason I can't like them. At least the Giants have a place in their name.

You forgot one big concession that has annoyed me. The AFL allowing them to be called "Western". WTF is Western? Where is Western? It's annoying and the one reason I can't like them. At least the Giants have a place in their name.
At least most other clubs have a mascot club logo that makes sense... a Blue?.....that's always been hilarious to me :D and what about west coast then genius....;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back