Draft Prospects training at North: Nakia Cockatoo, Sean McLaren

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd take Nakia with a 2nd rounder. Think there will be better options at our first pick.

Rate Sean mclaren also and would take him with our 3rd pick, solid KPP

Over the last ten years we have had so many Mc players.

Being one myself, I like it.

Get him at the club & on the Cunners bonding session fishing charter.

I heard before on trade radio that he wont be playing any more games for NT based on advice from an AFL club. If it is our club I can only imagine it is because we dont want his value to increase seeing he hasnt played a lot of football this year.

Could be any club though. You would think he would have a good rapport with our club though

I heard before on trade radio that he wont be playing any more games for NT based on advice from an AFL club. If it is our club I can only imagine it is because we dont want his value to increase seeing he hasnt played a lot of football this year.

Could be any club though. You would think he would have a good rapport with our club though
images.jpeg

Last edited:

no club would want to be found out for advising those actions for a player. I can imagine the conversation went something like...

Scott: A doctor, who specializes in skin diseases, will dream he has fallen asleep in front of the television. Later, he will wake up in front of the television, but not remember his dream.
Lewis: [to Nakia] Would you agree?

[Nakia is visibly perplexed and perturbed, shaking his head]

Scott: If all the animals along the equator were capable of flattery, then Thanksgiving and Hallowe'en... would fall... on the same day.
Walsh: Mm.

Geoff Walsh: When I was four years old, I watched my mother kill a spider... with a teacosy. Years later, I realised it was not a spider - it was my Uncle Harold.

Pagan said that Robbie Cockatoo (Nakia's grandfather) was the most talented player he saw at North. Good blood lines.

Not that I'm questioning they are related but silly question here but ..... if Nakia is 18 how did his Grandfather play in the 80's??

He hasnt been rated in the top 20 in any phantom drafts but i have heard he would be a big gamble, big payoff type player. Could be worth a punt.
knightmare, fwiw, has him at 14.

Is he worth our first pick?
Well if we want him, we will have to use it. It's the risk we take.

#13 Geelong – Nakia Cockatoo (NT – Mid)
Height: 188cm, Weight: 84kg, DOB: 23/10/1996
Recruited from: NT Thunder
Range: 10-45
Profile: Talented midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he's a little overrated in terms of his draft position on BF, there's a few every year.

He will be there at 25 imo.

I think he's a little overrated in terms of his draft position on BF, there's a few every year.

He will be there at 25 imo.
So, if we don't pick him with 16 and he's gone by 25 we lynch you, right Pykie?! ;)

I confess, without looking much at others, I reckon he's just what we need. And, dammit, I'm attached. Massive disappointment beckons.

Jesus. It's like they locked Ziebell and Atley in a room with Tom Jones playing and fast tracked the growth of the offspring.

Take the risk North. Please be available Nakia.

kg.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back