Prediction Draft tampering is allowed now and AFL is completely alright with it this season. (Good to know)

Remove this Banner Ad

The draft/equalisation, whatever you want to label it, is a complete failure when 14 of the last 16 flags reside within 100km of AFL house.

Nothing to see here.
You poor thing.
Are Victorians not working hard enough to win Port Adelaide premierships it hasn't earned? How about you get back to us when your little franchise can win a prelim on its own turf.

Yep. Pretty amazing that after 6 years of not winning a flag the AFL were panicking about the state of Victorian teams but non-Victorian teams have only won 1 flag in 10 years and we have not heard a peep from the AFL about it.
I'm in no way suggesting that you are anything other than a victim of a terrible conspiracy by the vAFL which clearly wants to abandon the national competition. But the investigation you refer to showed there was no advantage to interstate clubs. Does that prove that 20 years ago the vAFL was conspiring against Victorian clubs? What conclusions do you think a new vAFL sponsored investigation would make about the inability of most non-Vic clubs to win Grand Finals in the past decade?

2001 Essendon hot favourites in the GF, s**t the bed.
2002 Collingwood warm favourites in the GF, s**t the bed.
2003 Collingwood warm favourites in the GF, s**t the bed.
2004 Geelong couldn't beat the tired Lions in a PF at the MCG.
2005 St Kilda having finished only 4 points behind Sydney lose a PF to Sydney at the MCG.
2006 the only season since the turn of the century when your whole state s**t the bed...we need an inquiry.

See, we can play that game too, only difference is, no one held an inquiry for us...
What was actioned out of that inquiry that turned things around so dramatically?

2001 Essendon hot favourites in the GF, s**t the bed.
2002 Collingwood warm favourites in the GF, s**t the bed.
2003 Collingwood warm favourites in the GF, s**t the bed.
2004 Geelong couldn't beat the tired Lions in a PF at the MCG.
2005 St Kilda having finished only 4 points behind Sydney lose a PF to Sydney at the MCG.
2006 the only season since the turn of the century when your whole state s**t the bed...we need an inquiry.

See, we can play that game too, only difference is, no one held an inquiry for us...
Might want to have another look at that

Might want to have another look at that
Why, they finished 4th and beat the minor Premier Port in Adelaide in the qualifying final before beating Adelaide, who also finished higher, in the Prelim at the G to make a GF on their home deck.
Brisbane won both finals at home before travelling to Collingwood's home ground for the GF.

Brisbane may have been the reigning Premier and inform team but Collingwood had well and truely earnt the right to be there and at home should have been given a more than equal chance and only went down by 9 pts to a team that would go on to be arguably the greatest of all time.
They certainly weren't rank outsiders.

What was actioned out of that inquiry that turned things around so dramatically?
It doesn't matter what was actioned, its the fact that an inquiry was felt necessary, and then held, for 10 clubs that had only been unsuccessful for 6 years.
Yet nothing has been suggested to give consideration to the obvious lopsided results over the subsequent 16yrs.

I'm in no way suggesting that you are anything other than a victim of a terrible conspiracy by the vAFL which clearly wants to abandon the national competition. But the investigation you refer to showed there was no advantage to interstate clubs. Does that prove that 20 years ago the vAFL was conspiring against Victorian clubs? What conclusions do you think a new vAFL sponsored investigation would make about the inability of most non-Vic clubs to win Grand Finals in the past decade?

Never said it was a conspiracy, just saying that the AFL clearly cares more about the success of Victorian clubs than non-Victorian clubs.

It doesn't matter what was actioned, its the fact that an inquiry was felt necessary, and then held, for 10 clubs that had only been unsuccessful for 6 years.
Yet nothing has been suggested to give consideration to the obvious lopsided results over the subsequent 16yrs.
Why doesn't the SANFL league have an inquiry?

You like to have a cry about everything the Vics do, but your league has never got off their arses do anything.

You poor thing.
Are Victorians not working hard enough to win Port Adelaide premierships it hasn't earned? How about you get back to us when your little franchise can win a prelim on its own turf.
Not quite, more like Victorians aren't working hard enough to win the Premierships they've won since.
Took a South Australian in Tom Harley to Captain Geelong to 2 flags in his 3 years in the role.
Another South Australian in Dew for his 5-minute GF winning performance for the Hawks in 08.
Choco shaped Dimma into a Richmond Premiership Coach before saddling up with another South Australian to make Melbourne relevant again.
Choco also returned Werribee to the VFL map in his spare time.
More recently Eddy Betts turned Chris Scotts fortunes around in finals.

FFS, do something for yourselves.

Okay then, what did this inquiry look like? How was it conducted, and what were the questions asked? And was it different to the seemingly annual reflections conducted on the plight of the Suns?

I don't see any other non-Vic club struggling for any more than a handful of years.

And as a Richmond supporter from 1982 to 2017 no inquiry ever helped us. I'd have crawled over broken glass during those 35 miserable years to have the Lions, Swans, Eagles or Crows outcomes from the last 20-25 years. Even the Dockers, Giants and Power have been ultra competitive for multiple seasons in the last decade or two.

How would the SANFL holding an inquiry help Port in the AFL?
Well the AFL certainly won't help according to you.

If the SANFL are too lazy to speak up, then I would say you're f*(*^%$d.
But they have never got off their arses to initiate anything, they follow, just like all the supporters, then whinge because the Vic clubs are just too powerful.

Well the AFL certainly won't help according to you.

If the SANFL are too lazy to speak up, then I would say you're f*(*^%$d.
But they have never got off their arses to initiate anything, they follow, just like all the supporters, then whinge because the Vic clubs are just too powerful.
They haven't yet but they should, they are supposed to be an unbiased governing body that represent the equal opportunities of all clubs, hence the establishment of 'equalizing measures'.
The equalization measures aren't working as the pendulum has swung heavily in favor of Victorian clubs yet they do nothing to address it as they did for vic clubs.
Doesn't sound too equal and unbiased to me, why would I believe any different.

The SANFL have never had Ports wellbeing high on the agenda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They haven't yet but they should, they are supposed to be an unbiased governing body that represent the equal opportunities of all clubs, hence the establishment of 'equalizing measures'.
The equalization measures aren't working as the pendulum has swung heavily in favor of Victorian clubs yet they do nothing to address it as they did for vic clubs.
Doesn't sound too equal and unbiased to me, why would I believe any different.

The SANFL have never had Ports wellbeing high on the agenda.
What did they do for the Vic clubs?

Sounds to me no-one has Ports well being high on their agenda, must be hard being a Port supporter, all them tears, I mean no-one cares, it's just too hard.

Okay then, what did this inquiry look like? How was it conducted, and what were the questions asked? And was it different to the seemingly annual reflections conducted on the plight of the Suns?

I don't see any other non-Vic club struggling for any more than a handful of years.

And as a Richmond supporter from 1982 to 2017 no inquiry ever helped us. I'd have crawled over broken glass during those 35 miserable years to have the Lions, Swans, Eagles or Crows outcomes from the last 20-25 years. Even the Dockers, Giants and Power have been ultra competitive for multiple seasons in the last decade or two.
Funny how in the absence of GF wins our 'ultra competitive' results make us successful on this topic yet at any other time our lack of ultimate success suggests we're bed shitters.
We're either ultra competitive and therefore should have the Premierships to prove it like a Geelong, Hawthorn or Richmond, or we're bed shitters and need the same considerations by the Governing body as afforded Vic clubs when they we're bed shitters.

Ultra competitive bed shitters sounds like an oxymoron.

What did they do for the Vic clubs?

Sounds to me no-one has Ports well being high on their agenda, must be hard being a Port supporter, all them tears, I mean no-one cares, it's just too hard.
We're bog average, but then again we've never been given an inquiry to fix it like your mob.

Why, they finished 4th and beat the minor Premier Port in Adelaide in the qualifying final before beating Adelaide, who also finished higher, in the Prelim at the G to make a GF on their home deck.
Brisbane won both finals at home before travelling to Collingwood's home ground for the GF.

Brisbane may have been the reigning Premier and inform team but Collingwood had well and truely earnt the right to be there and at home should have been given a more than equal chance and only went down by 9 pts to a team that would go on to be arguably the greatest of all time.
They certainly weren't rank outsiders.
Was just pointing out that Brisbane were the warm favourites, not Collingwood. Below are the TAB grand final odds
2002 – Brisbane ($1.22) defeated Collingwood ($4.25) by 9 points

Well you just hit the nail on the head there, you lose worse than Collingwood do, at least we can win prelims.

Now again, tell us all what the outcome of this inquiry was?
C'mon, when has the AFL ever been transparent in its dealings with 'issues'.
You only have to read articles like this to see what the objective of AFL house was at that time, that it got its wish and has continued to do so cannot be ignored simply because of an absence of documentation highlighting the strategic plan as a result of the inquiry.

C'mon, when has the AFL ever been transparent in its dealings with 'issues'.
You only have to read articles like this to see what the objective of AFL house was at that time, that it got its wish and has continued to do so cannot be ignored simply because of an absence of documentation highlighting the strategic plan as a result of the inquiry.

What a load of crap, that's a media article.

I'll ask again, what was the outcome of the inquiry?

Yep. Pretty amazing that after 6 years of not winning a flag the AFL were panicking about the state of Victorian teams but non-Victorian teams have only won 1 flag in 10 years and we have not heard a peep from the AFL about it.

Has anyone dug any deeper than Premierships? Like finals appearances. Top-4 finishes. GF appearances. Bottom-4 finishes and so on ?? I haven’t either …yet. But I will. And I’d be pretty certain it will show there’s not an inherent issue with non-Vic teams and their overall ability to compete and be a flag chance .. just their ability to get the job done in the big moments.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What a load of crap, that's a media article.

I'll ask again, what was the outcome of the inquiry?
A media article that directly references Demetriou and his concerns about the future of the game without a powerful Victorian presence.

It doesn't matter what the findings led to, its that in the face of being wiped out, they held an inquiry for you such was the concern.

Do you need to see pics of Essendon players copping a jab from Dank to believe there was systemic drug use at Essendon?

A media article that directly references Demetriou and his concerns about the future of the game without a powerful Victorian presence.

It doesn't matter what the findings led to, its that in the face of being wiped out, they held an inquiry for you such was the concern.

Do you need to see pics of Essendon players copping a jab from Dank to believe there was systemic drug use at Essendon?
So you think they just clicked their fingers and the Vics started winning again, just like that hey?

It would take a few years for changes to click into gear, Geelong were already on the way to being a powerhouse, the AFL actually changed the rules to stop clubs like Geelong getting free father/sons.

I'm sorry mate, you're just a sook, just face it, your club is good at choking when it matters, the AFL gave you chances and you blew most of them, now you are here crying because you can't handle it.

Funny how in the absence of GF wins our 'ultra competitive' results make us successful on this topic yet at any other time our lack of ultimate success suggests we're bed shitters.
We're either ultra competitive and therefore should have the Premierships to prove it like a Geelong, Hawthorn or Richmond, or we're bed shitters and need the same considerations by the Governing body as afforded Vic clubs when they we're bed shitters.

Ultra competitive bed shitters sounds like an oxymoron.
Bed shitters? I have no idea what you're on about. I've never said anything of the sort.

Either answer my questions directed squarely at things you have claimed, or stop quoting me (and misquoting me).

You referred to an inquiry, yet you appear to know nothing about it, or refuse to inform us about it.

So you think they just clicked their fingers and the Vics started winning again, just like that hey?

It would take a few years for changes to click into gear, Geelong were already on the way to being a powerhouse, the AFL actually changed the rules to stop clubs like Geelong getting free father/sons.

I'm sorry mate, you're just a sook, just face it, your club is good at choking when it matters, the AFL gave you chances and you blew most of them, now you are here crying because you can't handle it.

I've only just started reading this but the AFL held an inquiry when the Vic teams were in a premiership drought so why isn't it holding an inquiry for the interstate teams that are now in a premiership drought?

Interesting quote from the article.....

"An inquiry, he said, would now be set up by the league to determine how this inequity might be resolved. Quite how the league can legislate to give Victorian teams a better chance at winning is difficult to gauge. But it will be one of Demetriou’s great challenges. For if the AFL loses the confidence of Victorian football fans, and loses the state as its beating heart, then the national game will be in tatters"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back