List Mgmt. Draft Watch 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
The U/18 championship starts next week so I thought it was an opportune time to create this thread.

We've got some keen analysts on this board who have their finger on the pulse of the TAC Cup, SANFL juniors and the NAB U/18 championships and it's always interesting to hear their thoughts.

There's an article on afl.com.au highlighting some standout prospects

The talented 20

Here are the South Aussies they profile:

Aaron Francis
191cm/88kg
10/8/97
Key defender
South Australia/West Adelaide
Francis may be the first South Australian drafted this year. The jumping and marking tall defender had an excellent game for the NAB AFL Academy last month, when he took nine marks in the back half against Werribee. Although perhaps not quite big enough to hold down a key defensive spot at the next level, Francis' confidence in the air has seen him play several games at SANFL level already where he has acquitted himself well.

Will Snelling
177cm/68kg
6/8/97
Midfielder
The small midfielder has belied his size to play well at senior level in the SANFL so far this year. Snelling is smart and can find the ball, and dominated South Australia's under-18 trial game, when he booted three goals. He runs both ways as a midfielder and is happy to get back and help his defenders and then rush the ball forward. Expect him to have an impact for his state as it searches for its third consecutive division one title.

I'm liking the sound of Harry McKay.
Saw him play a couple of weeks ago.....200cm and quick

In one play he lead up and the kick went over his head and by the time he'd spun around heading toward goal and picked the ball up off the ground at full tilt he had got 3m separation on his opponent....it was like Allen jackovich in his day except he's 200 cm

Left foot kick , v good set shot, v skinny but loads of potential

Any idea what we would be after in this next draft? I think phil would want outside speed or a key defender. I think we've been calling for that fit the past 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we do lose Danger or Sloane we need to try and get a top 5 pick to try and get Jacob Weitering. He sounds perfect for what we need. And although they are touting him now to be the number 1 pick at this early stage we all know that can all change very quickly leading up to the draft

The U/18 championship starts next week so I thought it was an opportune time to create this thread.

We've got some keen analysts on this board who have their finger on the pulse of the TAC Cup, SANFL juniors and the NAB U/18 championships and it's always interesting to hear their thoughts.

There's an article on afl.com.au highlighting some standout prospects

The talented 20

Here are the South Aussies they profile:

Aaron Francis
191cm/88kg
10/8/97
Key defender
Francis may be the first South Australian drafted this year. The jumping and marking tall defender had an excellent game for the NAB AFL Academy last month, when he took nine marks in the back half against Werribee. Although perhaps not quite big enough to hold down a key defensive spot at the next level, Francis' confidence in the air has seen him play several games at SANFL level already where he has acquitted himself well.

Will Snelling
177cm/68kg
6/8/97
Midfielder
The small midfielder has belied his size to play well at senior level in the SANFL so far this year. Snelling is smart and can find the ball, and dominated South Australia's under-18 trial game, when he booted three goals. He runs both ways as a midfielder and is happy to get back and help his defenders and then rush the ball forward. Expect him to have an impact for his state as it searches for its third consecutive division one title.

Awful article that again further ignores South Australian players. Twomey notoriously underrates or ignores South Australians and I don't know why. We've won the last two champs, and will make the final this year. It's an excellent crop this year from us, and along with vic country we should dominate the champs again.

Let me know what we're after and I'll suggest some names. Personally I'd be thinking outside mids with both speed and skills is the #1, 2 and 3 need along with bookends.

Awful article that again further ignores South Australian players. Twomey notoriously underrates or ignores South Australians and I don't know why. We've won the last two champs, and will make the final this year. It's an excellent crop this year from us, and along with vic country we should dominate the champs again.

Let me know what we're after and I'll suggest some names. Personally I'd be thinking outside mids with both speed and skills is the #1, 2 and 3 need along with bookends.
Darcy parish - zippy, classy mid

Otherwise one of the tall forwards > 194cm - who is your favourite?

Based on all the Walshy interviews I've watched/read he will be looking for pure speed or a powerful marking forward with the first pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back