Official Team Thread Dragons FFC Season 37 Team Thread : It's the year of the Dragon, Rise up!

Remove this Banner Ad

Tough way for the Dragons to learn of their folding.
More of a comment on posting the thread title in a thread, but it can be interpreted by the reader as they wish.

Official Team Thread
It's good that a non-Dragon reminds Dragons FFC of the official team thread, by posting the official team thread title in an official team thread post... by an official non-Dragon.

Excuse me while I untie my tongue...

Dragons FFC Season 37 Team Thread : It's the year of the Dragon, Rise up!

Tough way for the Dragons to learn of their folding.

More of a comment on posting the thread title in a thread, but it can be interpreted by the reader as they wish.

Official Team Thread

It's good that a non-Dragon reminds Dragons FFC of the official team thread, by posting the official team thread title in an official team thread post... by an official non-Dragon.

Excuse me while I untie my tongue...
A past Dragon and a future Dragon, holding conversation in the official Dragons team thread.

will ferrell omg GIF

Says every substitute teacher ever
Suns would definitely be the substitute teacher that joins the boys behind the gym to have a smoko.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suns would definitely be the substitute teacher that joins the boys behind the gym to have a smoko.
He'd wheel out the TV and plug in a DVD of LOTR Extended Edition to keep us busy for 12 hours.

1. Legolas is famous for his white-blond hair but it was never indicated in the books that he was blond, to begin with.
  2. Sean Connery turned down the role of Gandalf because he didn’t understand the script.
  3. J.R.R. Tolkien typed 1,200 pages worth of text for the books with just two fingers.
  4. Christopher Lee had read the LotR books every year for over 40 years before getting the role of Saruman.
  5. The director and his children had small cameos in each trilogy.
  6. Return of the King broke film records for having the highest number of actors featured in it.
  7. Over 18,000 costumes were made for the filming of all three movies.
  8. Ian McKellen kept the original staff and wizard’s hat from his time playing Gandalf.
  9. Frodo takes 17 years to start his adventure after finding the ring.
  10. Tolkien did not intend for the books to be allegorical.
  11. A few actors sustained injuries while on set.
  12. Cate Blanchett was given her elf ears as a gift after filming was done because she loved her character so much.
  13. Actors that were part of ‘The Fellowship of the Ring’ had the number nine in Elvish tattooed onto them after filming.
  14. Viggo Mortensen learned how to speak fluent Elvish for the films.
  15. The Return of the King is the first fantasy film to win the Best Picture category.
  16. Elijah Wood and Ian McKellen never filmed any scenes together.
  17. Some costumes for the movies needed to be replicated more than 40 times.
  18. Viggo Mortensen broke two of his toes during the making of the LotR movies.
  19. Christopher Lee originally wanted to play Gandalf.
  20. Over 2,000 weapons and 10,000 arrows were made for the filming of the trilogy.
  21. Viggo Mortensen bought 3 horses that were used in the films.
  22. Sean Bean climbed the mountains of New Zealand daily to get to the set.
  23. The LotR movies cost less to make compared to the Hobbit films.
  24. Christopher Lee met Tolkien by coincidence.
  25. The Beatles tried to make their own LotR movie.
  26. Merry originally had a different name.
  27. Peter Jackson’s LotR movies takes almost half a day to finish.
  28. All the mountains on Saturn’s largest moon is named after the mountains from LotR.
  29. Elijah Wood immersed himself in the role of Frodo for his audition tape.
  30. John Rhys-Davies refused to get his matching Elvish tattoo with his fellowship.
  31. Nicolas Cage was originally supposed to play the role of Aragorn.
  32. The fight scenes were choreographed by an Olympic fencer. Bonz
  33. Viggo Mortensen did his stunts without a double.
  34. Orlando Bloom broke his ribs during filming.
  35. John Rhy-Davies is the tallest actor in the fellowship.
  36. Peter Jackson’s daughter makes several cameos throughout the films.
  37. The Queen of Denmark illustrated the Danish edition of LotR.
  38. Nazgul screeches were made with plastic cups.
  39. The Gollum Effect was loosely based on the withdrawal symptoms of heroin addicts.
  40. The Dead Marshes were said to be based on Tolkien’s experience in WWI.
  41. Sean Astin was knocked unconscious during filming.
  42. The LotR franchise has won every award it was nominated for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back