DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries here

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries

Evening all - got a league I'm assembling with some fairly competitive types and am trying to get a rep from each side.

Any Adelaide folk interested?

Re: DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries

Evening all - got a league I'm assembling with some fairly competitive types and am trying to get a rep from each side.

Any Adelaide folk interested?

YeS I'm keen. SC of DT?

PM me the league code.

Cheers

Hi guys.
What do you reckon about David Mckay. He's price at 320k, and i've personally always been a big wrap for him. Rory Sloane made mention of his twice in the "people having a great pre-season" comment on one of the AFL shows on Fox this week - and with your relatively soft run early on in the season, i'm thinking he'll be a solid cash cow.

Ta.

Hi guys.
What do you reckon about David Mckay. He's price at 320k, and i've personally always been a big wrap for him. Rory Sloane made mention of his twice in the "people having a great pre-season" comment on one of the AFL shows on Fox this week - and with your relatively soft run early on in the season, i'm thinking he'll be a solid cash cow.

Ta.

It's all about those Hammy's. If he gets a good run and plays most of the season, he could be a very good player. IF. Has elite skills and enough pace, but injuries won't let him turn into the player we know he can be. If you put him in your side and his value goes up... Sell!

Hi guys.

Ta.

Mackay has never been a high scoring fantasy player, even when fit, and based on this preseason I don't see that changing. I think there are better options for the money.

Surely Jaensch is best 22? I can see him scoring well if given enough TOG/not starting sub.

Surely Jaensch is best 22? I can see him scoring well if given enough TOG/not starting sub.
I suspect 99% of Adelaide supporters agree with you (including myself). It would appear that the AFC selectors do not.

One of the more unexpected moves Sando has made this pre-season is switching Henderson in defence. This has created a glut of running defenders, with Doughty, Reilly & Johncock all "locks", Henderson & Jaensch have effectively been doing battle for the last position available. It appears that Henderson might have won the war, for now at least.

That said, Doughty's form during the MMC has not been good and his slump may prove career terminal. If that happens, then I'd expect to see Jaensch return to the team around R7 or thereabouts.

This is more general than SC/DT related.
Where is Tambling at? Is he likely to get a run this year or is he injured?
Unless I have missed him he appears to have just fallen off the radar completely and will really struggle to make it into the 22 this year.

Would be great to hear your thoughts?

This is more general than SC/DT related.
Where is Tambling at? Is he likely to get a run this year or is he injured?
Unless I have missed him he appears to have just fallen off the radar completely and will really struggle to make it into the 22 this year.

Would be great to hear your thoughts?
He's not injured. He's just not good enough to make our best 22 this year. Heck, given the selections we've seen in the last couple of weeks it's apparent that he's not regarded as being in our best 30 players.

He's not injured. He's just not good enough to make our best 22 this year. Heck, given the selections we've seen in the last couple of weeks it's apparent that he's not regarded as being in our best 30 players.
Thanks Vader, What is the talk around him around the club? Is he training hard trying to make his way back or has he almost settled for playing in the 2's?

Thanks Vader, What is the talk around him around the club? Is he training hard trying to make his way back or has he almost settled for playing in the 2's?
No idea. All we know is that he wasn't selected for the R3 MMC game (29 players selected) and the GF (25 players selected).

We also know that he didn't distinguish himself in the SANFL last year after being dropped from the AFL team.

How motivated he is to get back into the senior team is probably known only to him.

Jaensch surely is best 22, hell in my book he is best 18 starting on the ground. A dangerous player, with a weapon in his kick. Probably the best kick of a football in our side and has that niggling passion to win, bit of agro, bit of mongrel. We need that on the field. He's too good to leave out. But yea that's just me...

Ian Callinan makes an interesting quandry. Seasoned body, good points per minutes.

But he only got 60% game time last weekend - with a squad of 25 playing and DOuglas still yet to return - it does make his position tenuous.

Thoughts on whether he'll be best 21? I see he was upgraded today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ian Callinan makes an interesting quandry. Seasoned body, good points per minutes.

But he only got 60% game time last weekend - with a squad of 25 playing and Douglas still yet to return - it does make his position tenuous.

Thoughts on whether he'll be best 21? I see he was upgraded today

Can't keep pensioners like him on the ground for too long in an inconsequential match.

I'd say its just player management, particularly with the minutes he played in the last two games. Few others in our squad offer the same x-factor.

The day-early announcement that he would be temporarily elevated from the rookie list, probably sums up his standing at the moment as a first choice small forward.

Just don't be surprised to see him subbed off from time to time.

Take some marks, kick some goals.

So pretty high then! :D

Interested as well on the Callinan question. I keep swapping him and Porps in and out of my team. Is there a clearly better choice between the two or is it a coin toss? At one stage I had them both but just can't squeeze out the cash now.

Howdy. Haven't been here since trade week. Yes, we love Ivan and will take good care of him. Sent him a long letter the other day and most appreciative. Helluva guy.

Anyway, any sign of Luke Brown? He was meant to be in the squad in NAB2 but haven't seen him. Just teeth or 1-3 year player glut?

Cheers and have a good year. See you in September, we hope.:thumbsu:

Interested as well on the Callinan question. I keep swapping him and Porps in and out of my team. Is there a clearly better choice between the two or is it a coin toss? At one stage I had them both but just can't squeeze out the cash now.

I picked Porps as undervalued if he can stay healthy for a while.

Anyway, any sign of Luke Brown? He was meant to be in the squad in NAB2 but haven't seen him. Just teeth or 1-3 year player glut?
Not sure. He was assaulted a week or two before the start of the MMC, but that wasn't expected to sideline him for more than a week or so.

Rumour has it that he was sent back to Norwood for 5 weeks for disciplinary reasons - though nobody seems to know what this is in relation to.

His non-selection remains arguably the biggest mystery of our entire MMC campaign.

Callinan is a proper on the deck small forward. Like all of the good, smart crumbers I can see him turning a game with 10 minutes of inspired football, but I can't see him giving the sort of consistent 4 quarter performance needed to score more than 60 to 70 points a game.

I also think Callinan is further away from being a first 22 'lock' than Porplyzia. It's entirely possible we could use him as a 3rd quarter impact player off the subs bench.

I had them both for a while, but I've just decided to go with Porps and rejig the rest of my side a little.

I'm looking through mid-priced forwards and noticed Tom Lynch has had an impressive dteam pre-season.

What is his job security like and would you expect these scores to continue?

Callinan is a proper on the deck small forward. Like all of the good, smart crumbers I can see him turning a game with 10 minutes of inspired football, but I can't see him giving the sort of consistent 4 quarter performance needed to score more than 60 to 70 points a game.

I also think Callinan is further away from being a first 22 'lock' than Porplyzia. It's entirely possible we could use him as a 3rd quarter impact player off the subs bench.

I had them both for a while, but I've just decided to go with Porps and rejig the rest of my side a little.

Really appreciate the insight, thanks.

I'm looking through mid-priced forwards and noticed Tom Lynch has had an impressive dteam pre-season.

What is his job security like and would you expect these scores to continue?
He's no certainty even to play in R1. He's the best performed option we have as the 3rd tall forward, but McKernan is also capable of playing in the ruck and giving Jacobs some relief. I think Lynch should & will get the job, but there's no guarantee the selectors feel the same way. It all depends upon the team structure they want to go with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back