Analysis Dustin Martin IS the best one-on-one forward in the league

Remove this Banner Ad

Has a 1-1 contested 1.35 times a game, so while it's impressive that he wins the majority of them, I'd hardly call him the best 1-1 player in the game. Going on stats Mark Whiley is the best clearance player in the game given he averages the most clearances per game but he has only played one game. Martin is a very good 1-1 player no doubt, but the best, not IMO.

Disagree with you RT. Think those stats are misleading. So many times this year he has been in a tussle for prime position and I can't remember him losing out, always manages to get the better of his opponent. Like I pointed out earlier, no one in the league could have done what he did on Saturday night on the wing against 2 crows players, but I bet that doesn't go down as a 1 on 1

Dusty only averages 1.35 1-1 contests a game because he's a midfielder. Bottom line we all know Dusty is a gun and every opposition's fans s**t themselves when they see him one out inside 50.

Last edited:
Disagree with you RT. Think those stats are misleading. So many times this year he has been in a tussle for prime position and I can't remember him losing out, always manages to get the better of his opponent. Like I pointed out earlier, no one in the league could have done what he did on Saturday night on the wing against 2 crows players, but I bet that doesn't go down as a 1 on 1

Dusty only averages 1.35 1-1 contests a game because he's a midfielder. Bottom line we all know Dusty is a gun and every opposition's fans s**t them selves when they see him one out inside 50.

He is very good no doubt, but I don't rate him the best 1-1 forward in the league, sorry if that doesn't go with the opinions of everyone else.

He is very good no doubt, but I don't rate him the best 1-1 forward in the league, sorry if that doesn't go with the opinions of everyone else.

Nothing to do with the thread.

Just wanted to say I love the new Benny "Wobbles" Gale avatar!

Dusty is a great player if only he looked more respectable and didnt have that neck tattoo.. oh well
Couldn't give a stuff if he ate poo for a living as long as he kicks goals

You tiger's will like this.
DUSTY IS A GUN AND HAS BEEN TEARING IT UP, SHOULD POLL OK BROWNLOW NIGHT :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back