Multiplat Dying Light

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a paddlin' positive. Is this the actual game online or just the world map survival type thing?
The whole campaign is playable in co-op, there's also co-op challenges that will pop up randomly for you and your co-op buddies to complete.

The whole campaign is playable in co-op, there's also co-op challenges that will pop up randomly for you and your co-op buddies to complete.

Makes the game more interesting as I was on the fence about it.

Sounds interesting, but still not sure if I will get it. Might wait til it's a bit cheaper. And like many others I still don't understand how digital prices are often way more than retail prices; what happened to all those excuses about why retail pricing cossts more? No paper, no disc, no box, no shipping, yet digital is constantly $100 and over: for a normal edition, not special ed.

Sounds interesting, but still not sure if I will get it. Might wait til it's a bit cheaper. And like many others I still don't understand how digital prices are often way more than retail prices; what happened to all those excuses about why retail pricing cossts more? No paper, no disc, no box, no shipping, yet digital is constantly $100 and over: for a normal edition, not special ed.

I've got a few digital games, admittedly I haven't paid full price it's been when they're on special

I've got a few digital games, admittedly I haven't paid full price it's been when they're on special

I have digital games too which I've never paid full price for, I was more talking about the new release games that just seem to take the piss with their pricing. $100 for Dying Light? GAGF, I'll just wait and buy it for $60-79 at retail.

Played it for about half an hour the other night, looks like it could be a good game. Even on medium quality graphics settings (haven't touched the settings it gave me) it's a very pretty game. Hopefully I'll get more of a chance to play it this weekend.

Good game, great graphics, Great gore and has some good skills and fun weapons to use.

Has crashed on me a bit at times but it is a fun experience.

The game does encourage you to try out different things like using traps, distractions and it is great to play in co-op
How difficult is the game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be sure to let us know your thoughts on it. I'm keen on finding out some more opinions from those who play it.

It seems like a cool game.

I like the parkour system and it's certainly easy enough to use. It feels like you have much more options to combat zombies or just avoid them using this parkour system. Honestly, I haven't really killed that many, prefer to just avoid them.

I haven't played a whole lot yet... only a couple of early missions. However, I'm liking it so far.

I can honestly say I really like this game.

There are some small issues, though. I hate the fact there is no driving or fast travel system... Unless I haven't unlocked them yet. It makes back tracking annoying as hell.

I also don't like that the zombies barely do anything during the day. I have to force them to attack me. There are also a few bugs that are common in such big games.

Otherwise, it's really solid.

Liking this game so far. Being caught out in the "night" cycle is positively frightening, and the day zombies become more aggressive as you progress through the game. I think a fast travel system would have been nice, but I find getting around using the parkour mechanic to be a lot of fun so the lack of this feature hasn't been as noticeable for me.

Edit: Appears there is a fast travel system after all
http://www.shacknews.com/article/87947/dying-light-how-to-fast-travel

Purchased this on steam over the weekend as my brother recommended it. Not usually a fan of the zombie survival genre but I'm loving this.

I rarely get scared with horror games / movies but running around at night is really scary. Has a great atmosphere to it.

I'm only early into the crafting aspect but it looks really well done with lots of different options to keep you tinkering away.

Overall game is really polished and fun. Going to try the co op aspect a bit further tonight.

For people sitting on the fence deciding if they should get this game, I would highly recommend it.

Yeah I'm definitely getting this when it comes out on feb 27th, there was no way I was going to spend $100 on the digital download copy.

But I'm hoping by then I've finished DA:I, which is a massive game, so I doubt it haha

Is co-op a necessity for the enjoyment of this game? I've been hearing it's much better with friends and solo can get frustrating.

I haven't played anybody.

#nofriends

In all honesty, I would imagine co-op would be insanely easy. I think Dead Island needed two players because it was a pretty average game, even though I like it, but this is damn fun outside the annoying little flaws it has.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back