Dylan Buckley - Time is on my side ... yes it is

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds cruel but I'm not sold on Buckley just yet.

I am though sold on Graham, Cripps and even Giles.
I'm a little the other way. Buckley has at least two attributes that set him apart. I'm not sure that Graham has.

Most of all I think the relationship between VFL form and AFL form can be tenuous at times. Hard to make calls with any level of confidence until they have a decent run in the 1's.

Buckley will be fine, Cripps should be a bone-fide star but time will tell, Graham needs to have a little more urgency in his game and he'll be a winner plus who knows about Giles, too early to say on him but we all hold very high hopes.

Temay also took a giant step forward last week as well. Kicked 4, could have been 5 as his field kicking was very good.

How do you see his job security boys? Thinking of getting him in SC and he has been solid, particularly against Richmond where you guys played well, just hope he can keep his possie at least until your bye

How do you see his job security boys? Thinking of getting him in SC and he has been solid, particularly against Richmond where you guys played well, just hope he can keep his possie at least until your bye

As long as he continues to wear the jumper with pride, he won't be dropped. Displays a passion for the club not many of his team mates have been able to match.

In all seriousness, trying to guess his job security is nigh on impossible. Perform well and he'll continue to get games.

Thanks. For what it's worth I'm going to give him a crack. From what I have seen he is definitely doing the jumper justice with his endeavour, a bit of a shining light! Good luck for the season and hopefully today creates a solid platform for you to build upon - heck Melbourne did it for is ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely thrilling to see Baby Bucks do so well - just love the way he and Menz run: their hair seems to flow back as if they're running into a blowing gale! Anyway, so glad Baby Bucks has grabbed his chance and now has two more years!

Thread has progressed like Pepalenko's one about Mclean.

Deep Blue should make more threads.

Yeah, reckon we need one for Sugar - his clock is sounding a bit more foreboding though - starting to sound like a Grandfather clock and not that far off morphing into Big Ben!

We need to accelerate the progress of some of our youngsters and at least give them a taste of the seniors this year so we can see if they're worth holding on to. Cripps and Graham have shown they're keepers, but we need to see what Temay can offer - he's been around for a few years now and still hasn't had a senior game.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back