Official Team Thread East Side Hawks - Season 18 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the Hawks Mouseh! We've had our eyes on you after your impressive displays in lower level Qooty, so we're very glad to have you on board.

It was only a few weeks ago that I joined the Hawks, so I understand what you'll be going through. Don't worry though, after a few match threads you'll feel right at home. As a bit of a newbie myself, I've found the Hawks to be very welcoming, especially Karnezis_13, so feel free to talk to us about anything. We're the guys to talk to if you need any advice on girls, alcohol... and err... well that's it.

I remember my first match thread, I couldn't tell Hawks players (unless they had sigs) apart from the opposition so I was fairly confused. If you find yourself in a similar position, just go around jabbing everyone because there's a 50/50 chance you'll hit the opposition... and that's better than 0% :thumbsu:. Take some risks and don't be afraid to rile up the opposition, we'll forgive you if we get caught in your crossfire :p. Unfortunately we have a bye this week, so you can't strut your stuff just yet, but I'll make sure to tag you into our next match thread.

What do you need to know about the Hawks?
We love our fairy bread and sugar free cruisers, so expect to see a few references in our match threads. Karny makes us listen to his compilation of Taylor Swift songs before games to rev us up. I don't mind a bit of T-Swizzle myself, but if you're not into that then I'd suggest that you bring your own mix.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM. All the best mate. :thumbsu:

We're a Swifty club? You ripper, I've made the perfect choice.
Only because of this guy

images.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You lot probably should commence a mutiny. Look at your captain swanning around doing interviews and going to hair salons while he palms off jobs like introducing boom recruits to the club and doing posting stats.

please don't

posts.PNG

Of course we've got the split round this week so this won't be updated next week. I've also already added Mouseh and DeeWong to the table, though obviously their tallies won't start till next week. For any new guys, this is just a weekly posting tally sheet that gets posted which basically gives the team a rundown on how each player is doing, helps out in team selection etc. Honestly though I'm not that fussed on posting numbers, quality over quantity, as they say.

Rendered Unsafe led the tally again this week, I forgot to bold him and put him in a fancy box on the spreadsheet this week but idc, it's too late now. Mr E, IMS, myself and larri all knocked out double digits whilst Clint, Captain Awkward and Dags were similarly productive. Tarks, W_T_S, and ryan_seb also jumped into the thread.

11 posters combining for 134 posts is probably one of our least active weeks of the year, but I'm sure we'll get back to our early-season form on and off the field very soon.

I can confirm ryan_seb will be getting his first game for the club in our match next week as will Mouseh off a half back flank, so well done to those two. DeeWong6996 has to wait another week because of some "rules" thing. On a similar note shout out to Lunchlady Doris for playing his 50th last week against the Bandits. It went by with little fanfare but I noticed it a week late.

Finally MVP. Get your votes from the Bandit thread into me... if you dare

You lot probably should commence a mutiny. Look at your captain swanning around doing interviews and going to hair salons while he palms off jobs like introducing boom recruits to the club and doing posting stats.

please don't

View attachment 74991

Of course we've got the split round this week so this won't be updated next week. I've also already added Mouseh and DeeWong to the table, though obviously their tallies won't start till next week. For any new guys, this is just a weekly posting tally sheet that gets posted which basically gives the team a rundown on how each player is doing, helps out in team selection etc. Honestly though I'm not that fussed on posting numbers, quality over quantity, as they say.

Rendered Unsafe led the tally again this week, I forgot to bold him and put him in a fancy box on the spreadsheet this week but idc, it's too late now. Mr E, IMS, myself and larri all knocked out double digits whilst Clint, Captain Awkward and Dags were similarly productive. Tarks, W_T_S, and ryan_seb also jumped into the thread.

11 posters combining for 134 posts is probably one of our least active weeks of the year, but I'm sure we'll get back to our early-season form on and off the field very soon.

I can confirm ryan_seb will be getting his first game for the club in our match next week as will Mouseh off a half back flank, so well done to those two. DeeWong6996 has to wait another week because of some "rules" thing. On a similar note shout out to Lunchlady Doris for playing his 50th last week against the Bandits. It went by with little fanfare but I noticed it a week late.

Finally MVP. Get your votes from the Bandit thread into me... if you dare
Let's get a win next week everyone! Do the opposite to the last month in our pre-match work! Eat pancakes rather than bacon and eggs or something!

So we're off the bye soon as our match threads for the upcoming round go up tomorrow night sometime, perhaps Tuesday morning, who knows in this mad part of the universe.

After a week off I'm well aware that we're going to have to hire a bulldozer for Mondays skinfold tests so we'll skip it this week in favour of another fairy bread feast.

Apparently we're hosting the Alberton Swamprats at home sweet home this week. They smell, are generally unhygienic, and are guaranteed to have a fit of anger at the mere mention of sugar-free cruisers. They probably hate Taylor Swift too. They're in the lower reaches of the eight last time I checked so they're the sorts of sides we need to beat to get up there.

Go Hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back