Official Team Thread East Side Hawks - Season 18 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Real sick of these close losses.
Aye, agreed on this. Learn to love them though and perhaps they will love us back.. :p

Posting Stateesteecs
statzz.PNG

It was a really slow thread which is certainly a change from the Wonders of old, as such, I can hardly blame anyone for not getting overly involved. Clint Beastwood led the posting for the first time in a season where he's been one of our most consistent contributors and could be a contender for the best and fairest award with his lengthy stint at rover. Rendered Unsafe, Mr Eagle, Itsmyshow and larrikin were similarly up and about. CA and scaryness, two season deubtants, threw their weight around in both the thread and match impressively, whilst bombersno1 was similarly impressive after his promotion off the 'rookie list' :p

ryan_seb getting in the thread too means there are just five posters left on the list who haven't got involved for East Side this season. TRAWP , madman , Amazing Bombers , Jiska and NetworkNerd ; I'll give you a tag in this weeks match thread and show your colours!

Speaking of this weeks match thread we've got Bengwatkins and his Bombers Bandits. Feel free to slag them off for the disrespect of heritage in changing their name, the fact that Beng was dreadfully inaccurate, almost Buddy-esque, this week or just generally revel in the fact that we aren't them (trust me they have never heard any of these before).

And finally....

MVP votes - get them in via PM. The more votes which flow in, the higher the legitimacy of the award; let's make it something to strive for.

Also, let's win* this week.

*For those uninitiated, it's when you score more than the opposition.

In other news, I lied in the above post. We're actually still 9th, not 10th, and just percentage out of the eight.

Code:
Team                   P   W   L   D   Pen   For   Agnst      %     Pts  Streak   L5   Change   GB    Chase

Geelong Gumbies        8   6   2   -    -    845    701    120.54   24     6W    WWWWW   +1     Ldr      -
Coney Island Warriors  8   6   2   -    -    732    680    107.65   24     1L    LWWWL   -1      -       -
Baghdad Bandits        8   5   3   -    -    921    764    120.55   20     3W    LLWWW   +1     -1       -
Roys FFC               8   5   3   -    -    780    718    108.64   20     1W    WWWLW   +2     -1       -
Dragons FFC            8   5   3   -    -    812    792    102.53   20     2W    WLLWW   +2     -1       -
Mount Buller Demons    8   5   3   -    -    735    740     99.32   20     2L    WLWLL   -3     -1.5     -
Fighting Furies        8   4   4   -    -    816    789    103.80   16     1L    WWLWL   -2     -2       -
Gold City Royals       8   3   5   -    -    725    740     97.97   12     1W    LWLLW   +2     -3.5    Ldr
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
East Side Hawks        8   3   5   -    -    685    738     92.82   12     3L    LWLLL    -     -3.5     -
Alberton Swamprats     8   3   5   -    -    759    836     90.79   12     2L    LLWLL   -2     -3.5     -
West Coast Wonders     8   2   6   -    -    754    931     80.99    8     1W    WLLLW   +1     -4.5    -1.5
Las Vegas Bears        8   1   7   -    -    639    774     82.56    4     1L    LLLWL   -1     -5.5    -2.5

Today we will be wearing black armbands in memory of Atley, accompanied by a minute's silence before the game. His posting privileges were tragically cut short this week. We play this game in his honour.

In the words of our dear roadrunner friend... "East Side Hawks!!"... "Die Wonders Die!"...

You shall be sorely missed.

#geauxhawks
And may I nominate this for post of the week :D

Fred could I ask how long Atley will be sitting out for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies if I don't make it into the match thread much this week - I'm heading to Melbourne tomorrow until Sunday. I'll be in at every opportunity though!
For real? I'm heading to Melbourne from Friday until Sunday, can't wait personally as I've never been down. Got tickets to the Brisbane-Collingwood Sat night MCG match which should be a real eye-opener seeing as I've only been in Gabba crowds.

For real? I'm heading to Melbourne from Friday until Sunday, can't wait personally as I've never been down. Got tickets to the Brisbane-Collingwood Sat night MCG match which should be a real eye-opener seeing as I've only been in Gabba crowds.

For real. Going to visit a few mates who moved down there and watch the Eagles v Essendon game. I'm thinking of going to that one too, maybe the last three quarters of it anyway! Melbourne is great, you'll absolutely love it. I don't know what a Gabba crowd is like, but Melbourne crowds are certainly different to Perth crowds!

For real. Going to visit a few mates who moved down there and watch the Eagles v Essendon game. I'm thinking of going to that one too, maybe the last three quarters of it anyway! Melbourne is great, you'll absolutely love it. I don't know what a Gabba crowd is like, but Melbourne crowds are certainly different to Perth crowds!
A Gabba crowd primarily consists of elderly couples and primary school kids. :p That may be an exaggeration, but I don't think fairly passive 18k Gabba crowds are going to even begin to hold a candle to the sort of Pies crowd at the MCG on a Saturday night I'll be at.
Again. Can not wait.

Lived in Melbs for nearly 5 years, only moved back here 18 months ago - greatest city in Australia by some margin (except for the weather). I miss it daily (well mostly on weekends).

As I mentioned in the match thread I'll unfortunately be out for the rest of the week with the Melbourne trip + having a jampacked day tomorrow, hopefully I can return for gametime and get up posting stats in preparation for next week but until then let's kill those Bandits in the match thread. Figuratively. Of course.

I'm hereby dubbing Mr Eagle stand in captain with no warning and an ability to palm the job off to anyone else he wants for the next 4-5 days.

As I mentioned in the match thread I'll unfortunately be out for the rest of the week with the Melbourne trip + having a jampacked day tomorrow, hopefully I can return for gametime and get up posting stats in preparation for next week but until then let's kill those Bandits in the match thread. Figuratively. Of course.

I'm hereby dubbing Mr Eagle stand in captain with no warning and an ability to palm the job off to anyone else he wants for the next 4-5 days.
Can I be co-captain in case he gets sick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back