Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was Melbourne, I'd be telling Essendon to take a hike if that's the deal that was offered.
Yes, so would I.. BUT they have a shocking history of developing players.. and two solid to very good midfielders might make a big difference to their team immediately..

Of course it would depend on whether they get PP or a top 5 pick for Frawley too..

Yes, so would I.. BUT they have a shocking history of developing players.. and two solid to very good midfielders might make a big difference to their team immediately..

Of course it would depend on whether they get PP or a top 5 pick for Frawley too..
Yes they get 2 mids that would be best 22. The problem is that they actually have a lot of best 22 players in the 24-28yo range already, so they'd be setting themselves up for a big fall in a few years time.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-22/the-inquirer-the-one-thing-that-matters

smart ball users and blokes who facilitate for others please.

Also, we've got 5 players (Zaka, Chappy, Heppell, Goddard, Licka) in the top 100 for goal assists and none in the top 50. Hawthorn have 6 (Breust, Gunston, Hill, Poo, Burgoyne, Hodge) in the top 20 and 12 in the top 100, That's the benchmark we need to work to.

2 things worth weighing up:

1. Does he help our forward line?
2. Is he better than what we think will be available at 19?

If yes to both, do it

2 things worth weighing up:

1. Does he help our forward line?
2. Is he better than what we think will be available at 19?

If yes to both, do it

Small other issue....some club namely Carlton, etc will offer more than pick 19 for him. Just don't think he is the bloke to sell the farm for unless we feel we need Carlile at CHB.

Small other issue....some club namely Carlton, etc will offer more than pick 19 for him. Just don't think he is the bloke to sell the farm for unless we feel we need Carlile at CHB.
If Carlton trade pick 7/8 for him, I won't complain. If the club thinks he can be a good enough CHF for us and he wants to play for us, I'd be happy to trade him in and play him forward.

It really comes down to the situation outlined in my last post.

If Carlton trade pick 7/8 for him, I won't complain. If the club thinks he can be a good enough CHF for us and he wants to play for us, I'd be happy to trade him in and play him forward.

Just can't see us having the currency and now isn't the time to sell the farm. Pick 19 flat I'd consider it though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton have what, pick 8 and pick 25 or something like that? We put pick 19 on the table they have to trump it with pick 8. Richmond and Geelong are more likely IMO

Just can't see us having the currency and now isn't the time to sell the farm. Pick 19 flat I'd consider it though.
So you're basically agreeing with my argument.

So you're basically agreeing with my argument.

well I'm realistic, there are other sides that can offer more, namely Carlton, Melbourne and a few others. Sure if we get him for 19 but I can't see it.

well I'm realistic, there are other sides that can offer more, namely Carlton, Melbourne and a few others. Sure if we get him for 19 but I can't see it.
Carlton would have to use a top 10 pick to trump us, which would be idiotic considering they could get a better talent like Lever or Durdin there. Melbourne won't trade for a KPF when they have Hogan etc. up there. The 2 I can see trumping us are Geelong and Richmond

Carlton would have to use a top 10 pick to trump us, which would be idiotic considering they could get a better talent like Lever or Durdin there. Melbourne won't trade for a KPF when they have Hogan etc. up there. The 2 I can see trumping us are Geelong and Richmond

Carlton are the same side that drafted Kane Lucas and Josh Bootsma first found! Needless to say anything is possible with them. Melbourne might as Jackch would be a better version of Dawes, and him and Hogan would work.

He certainly isn't worth pick 7/8. That said Carlton really need a good young tall forward.

He certainly isn't worth pick 7/8. That said Carlton really need a good young tall forward.
Hypothetically Carlton, Essendon, Geelong want him. Jaksch hasn't nominated a club. Essendon nominate pick 19 for him. Geelong don't want to use 16 or whatever. For Carlton to trump that they have to use a top 10 pick. Would you do it, knowing that someone like Lever or Durdin could get to that pick?

Hypothetically Carlton, Essendon, Geelong want him. Jaksch hasn't nominated a club. Essendon nominate pick 19 for him. Geelong don't want to use 16 or whatever. For Carlton to trump that they have to use a top 10 pick. Would you do it, knowing that someone like Lever or Durdin could get to that pick?
Who could be available that we might be interested in instead? I don't know a great deal about it, but maybe De Goey, Bampton, Ellis, plus Laverde, Ahern if they slide, based on phantoms and draft chatter. Where does Jaksch fit as compared to those five?

If I was Carlton and I wanted a KPP I'd do it.

No point being left with your dick in your hands on draft day because someone else has taken the players you were looking at.

Who could be available that we might be interested in instead? I don't know a great deal about it, but maybe De Goey, Bampton, Ellis, plus Laverde, Ahern if they slide, based on phantoms and draft chatter. Where does Jaksch fit as compared to those five?
Laverde won't slide. That stupid on my part. I'd personally take Jaksch ahead of them.
If I was Carlton and I wanted a KPP I'd do it.

No point being left with your dick in your hands on draft day because someone else has taken the players you were looking at.
You have pick 6. You know that Wright, McCartin, Petracca and Brayshaw will be gone. You rate Lever and Durdin higher than Jaksch. Do you do the trade?

Carlton have what, pick 8 and pick 25 or something like that? We put pick 19 on the table they have to trump it with pick 8. Richmond and Geelong are more likely IMO

I reckon he and another giant (Perhaps O'Rourke, more likely someone like Whiley) will end up at Carlton in exchange for their first. Just seems logical, Jaksch not only wants to come back to victoria, but probably wants senior footy as well, Carlton could plonk him in beside Casboult and Henderson next year.

Laverde won't slide. That stupid on my part. I'd personally take Jaksch ahead of them.

You have pick 6. You know that Wright, McCartin, Petracca and Brayshaw will be gone. You rate Lever and Durdin higher than Jaksch. Do you do the trade?

but you don't 'know' that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back