Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sydneys Daniel Robinson would be a good get. Not getting a game at the Swans.
Clean/Smart user, goal kicking midfielder. And wouldn't cost much either.

Last edited:

Anyone have an opinion on Gach Nyuen? Raw but bucket loads of natural talent. Clean hands too, could be an decent long term option for us later in the draft.
I like him, big question whether he can put on the muscle required. Definitely worth a later pick in the draft.

How's up for trading in some forwards?
The best of the ones available (Dixon) would probably cost us too much unless we could persuade him to join us via the PSD, especially when you consider how much Gold Coast over-value their players (we only have to look at what they were trying to demand for Caddy when we wanted him). We could try for Patton or McCarthy from GWS but again I don't want us losing our 1st pick. Best option right now is either hope Schache slides to our first pick or try for Weideman in the 2nd round (again if he's available).

The best of the ones available (Dixon) would probably cost us too much unless we could persuade him to join us via the PSD, especially when you consider how much Gold Coast over-value their players (we only have to look at what they were trying to demand for Caddy when we wanted him). We could try for Patton or McCarthy from GWS but again I don't want us losing our 1st pick. Best option right now is either hope Schache slides to our first pick or try for Weideman in the 2nd round (again if he's available).
Dixon wouldn't provide anything different to what we've got. We don't necessarily need a star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still want Aish, my theory is our midfield is just subpar and slow and if we could get him without using our first rounder I'd like that
Aish going no where without a good first rounder being in the deal. The 2013 exodus debacle won't be allowed to happen again under the new Brisbane board led my hard nosed Leigh Matthews.

Aish going no where without a good first rounder being in the deal. The 2013 exodus debacle won't be allowed to happen again under the new Brisbane board led my hard nosed Leigh Matthews.

Unfortunately probably true, we cant afford to be trading out first. From what I gather Brisbane have conceded they'll lose him so it'd just be a matter of what team offers the best I guess

Having seen Carlisle in action live a few times now I have no reservations about him as a long term key position forward in combination with Daniher.

McKernan will be great as a third tall forward and second ruck. His agility and endurance are a feature of his game. He won't slow us down.

Langford is going to be a mid sized forward and provides us with that super mobile, midsized marking target.

Keep Gwilt around to provide cover and take on Mitch Brown or, my preference, Michael Hartley to play as the third tall defender (to be honest we should take them both on and look long and hard at Ferry).

Bring in a ruck via trade or free agency.

Need to get a bull for the inside of midfield and look for a running machine to patrol one of the wings. I'd even be inclined to bring in big, aggressive inside mids with the first two picks.

Dixon wouldn't provide anything different to what we've got. We don't necessarily need a star.
True, if Carlisle is sent to defence again next year. That 2nd forward just needs to be capable of taking some of the heat off Daniher (we've already seen Joey being as much as triple-teamed this year).

Need to get a bull for the inside of midfield and look for a running machine to patrol one of the wings. I'd even be inclined to bring in big, aggressive inside mids with the first two picks.

I'd fancy a bid at Jacob Hopper or Matt Kennedy, they fit the bill and we'd theoretically be stealing them from another club so it'd quench the supporter's thirst for something new and shiny.

That, or Josh Dunkley, who apparently isn't that keen on moving to Sydney.

Carlisle to Carlton for Henderson, Cripps and Menzel.

Seems a little light though.

We should ask for their second round pick as well I think.

Time for some more list management. I am interested in what our side will look like in the next few years. Obviously it's hard to predict trades and how quickly our draft picks will come along. Good to be back in the draft!

Retire: Fletcher, Chapman, Winderlich........
Trade: Dempsey, Pears, Bellchambers.....
Delist:
Not sure about:....

B: Bags Hooker Hibberd
HB: Ashby Hurley Gleeson
C: Colyer Heppell Zaka
HF: J Merret Carlisle Goddard
F: Fantasia Joe D Jobe

R: McKernan ? Merret
Inter: Hocking, Laverde, Langford, Delgeish

McKernan in the ruck if we don't get an option via trade. Not a bad looking side, not withstanding any trades or drafting we might get. Should have a couple more picks in the top 20 and trade for some picks in the 30s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back