Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Retire: Fletcher, Chapman, Winderlich........
Trade: Dempsey, Pears, Bellchambers.....
Delist:
Not sure about:....

B: Bags Hooker Hibberd
HB: Ashby Hurley Gleeson
C: Colyer Heppell Zaka
HF: J Merret Carlisle Goddard
F: Fantasia Joe D Jobe

R: McKernan ? Merret
Inter: Hocking, Laverde, Langford, Delgeish

McKernan in the ruck if we don't get an option via trade. Not a bad looking side, not withstanding any trades or drafting we might get. Should have a couple more picks in the top 20 and trade for some picks in the 30s.

By the way both Dempsey and Bellchambers are free agents this year cannot trade them and Pears trade value is nothing.

What I'd like to see..

Main list changes -

Retirements:
Winderlich, Fletcher and Chapman - All old and should be moved on.

Delist:
O'Brien - Not good enough it seems.
Maybe Pears - Bit unsure on him, could just stay on the list one more year as he's tallish and our depth for talls is pathetic. Maybe worth rookie Listing him?
Maybe Gwilt? - Unsure, he'll only be solid depth however after Fletch goes we've got no one, but if we plan on taking Mitch Brown in the national draft may be worth delisting for a younger player.

Trades:
Out: Howlett - I like him and total credit for him getting to 100 games off the back of hard work however I don't see him playing a needed role for us in the future. Probally only get us 3rd or 4th round pick. (Don't see this happening though.)
In: Witts for our second round pick - Young, fills a need and could become a great partnership with Mckernan mainly as a forward. Although I don't think our second round pick would be enough worth a shot though.

Free Agency
Out: Dempsey - Needs to go for the development of the younger and many half back flankers we've got and are about to draft probally. (Hopefully second round compensation)
Bellchambers - If we can get a compensation pick and we trade in or get a free agent ruckmen worth letting go of.
In: Leunberger - If we can't get Witts he'll be a good ruckmen until we develop one.

Rookie list changes -

Upgrade:
Mckernan very obvious.

Delist:
Steinberg - Too short and slow to be afl standard defender.

So hopefully we take a minium of 5 players from next years draft including a ruckmen and Mitch Brown and pick him up in the national draft as he would probally play afl next year if we drafted him anyway since he won't make it to our rookie pick IMO. It's been incredibly fustrating only taking 2 players from the previous 2 years of drafting considering how well it looks like we've drafted from them years.

Only reason our list is in bad shape currently is because we have zero young kpps developing on the list. Last young Talls drafted were Gregory now delisted and Daniher. Hopefully we nail this draft though instead of just been our usual solid.

I have this weird feeling that Bellchambers will retire. He's had serious injuries to his ankle and knee on his right leg and a navicular on his left. To try to come play football with those issues as a bloke at 110 kg isn't the most sensible option.

Delist:

McKernan in the ruck if we don't get an option via trade. Not a bad looking side, not withstanding any trades or drafting we might get. Should have a couple more picks in the top 20 and trade for some picks in the 30s.

Myers? I'd assume atleast one of Cooney/stanton in that team.

I have this weird feeling that Bellchambers will retire. He's had serious injuries to his ankle and knee on his right leg and a navicular on his left. To try to come play football with those issues as a bloke at 110 kg isn't the most sensible option.

Jason Laycock all over again, Tassie ruckman curse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade: Take just about any possible offer for Dempsey, Pears, Howlett, NOB, Hams
Consider any offers for Bellchambers, Hibberd, Myers, Kav, Melk, Cooney.
Delist (if no trade)- 2 of Gwilt, Stein & Pears. NOB, Hams.
Unsure: Kav

I love Hibberd, but I think he is the best carrot to trade. Myers is too important, and Bellchambers is dangerous to trade. If someone throws a first rounder for Hibberd, we should take it. He has had a s**t year, very frustrating.

Last edited:
Is there any other free agent rucks besides luenberger?

I dont think a trade for a ruck is a good idea this year we need to get our other holes sorted first.

Delist:

Yep, forgot Myers. McKernan, Myers and Merret. All the rest depends on form. Cooney could very well be in the side.

Retire: Fletch, Chapman, Windy
Re-sign: Kavanagh, Fantasia, Stanton, Carlisle (if we can)
Lean towards re-signing: Hams (1 year, also a candidate to be rookied), Browne, Dalgleish
Unsure: Gwilt, Melksham (trade value?)
Lean towards delisting: Bellchambers (really depends on whether we can convince another ruck to come over), NOB
Delist/leave to FA: Pears, Dempsey

That's at least 5 and possibly 9 new spots on the list, the latter being pretty worrying. We should probably look to rookie a couple of guys, i.e. Hams or even maybe Gwilt. It seems like Aylett's on the way out, along with Steinberg (although his promotion adds confusion to this).

Would love 5 picks in the top 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back