English Premier League soccer ⚽

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge result for United this morning, putting a severe dent in Arsenal's title hopes with a 3-2 victory at Old Trafford.

Very much an unexpected result given where both sides are at right now. Waking up this morning and looking at our patchwork back four - Rojo, Carrick, Blind & Varela - I went in expecting a heavy loss, and I would not have been alone.

This time last week most would not have heard of Marcus Rashford, but that will have changed very quickly. Announced himself with a brace in the Europa League last week and followed that up with a first half brace this morning, on his Premier League debut - what a way to endear yourself to the fans! He looks to have a very bright future and could form a terrific partnership with Anthony Martial over the coming years.

As good as United were, Arsenal were equally poor and if I were a supporter of theirs I'd be pulling my hair out as it looks like they may stumble yet again.

Sunderland has climbed out of the bottom three with its 2 all draw with Crystal Palace. Sunderland led 1-0 at half time thanks to an N'Doye goal. Palace were sluggish and its manager was having puppies on the sideline. In steps Conor Wickham, ex-Sunderland and forward who struggled to find the net at Sunderland. A double in quick time and I'm choking on my Weeties. Conor ******* Wickham! I decided to turn the volume up and have a shower as I thought another lost clause. I was getting dressed when Borini struck in the 90th minute. I had a look at the goal and couldn't decide whether it was a shot or miss kicked cross. The special comments guy called it accidental. Big Sam described it as a great goal! I don't care. It's a result and results give you a chance.

Don't forget United who now have 4 wins in a row and are technically still in with a chance of winning the league. :p

Unbelievable round of results - just goes to show how even the competition is this year.

I've heard a lot of people bemoan how boring the season has been with so many of the better teams not performing to the standards expected of them, but I reckon this has been the best PL season for as long as I can remember.

To have so many teams in with a chance of winning the league at this stage of the season is just about unheard of.

It's funny but a point away from home before the game would have been a good result. To have three in the bag with less than a minute of play leaves me gutted. Down to 10 men Southampton were vulnerable and Defoe pounced late in the game. I thought today is the day. Then that strange reaction from the players and the Manager saw Sunderland happy to defend for the last 10 minutes. ******* hell! 10 men on the ropes and this, for me, is a dubious tactic that saw us get bitten on the arse.

Sunderland is better organised. The starting 11 is a tougher team to break down. Draws are ok but wins will get you out of trouble. We have the week off. We had Everton at home but the FA Cup interfered with the scheduling. We'll be relying on Newcastle and Norwich losing. Bournemouth and Swansea have got away from the danger zone. Our next game is against Newcastle United at St James Park. The proverbial '6 points game'. Ha way the lads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)