FTA-TV Entourage: The Final Season (8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 23, 2008
This post
AFL Club
Richmond
The first episode of the 8th and final season airs on July 24th.

[youtube]0Z1yM-JWjQA[/youtube]

[youtube]_FLvIF3mqA8[/youtube]

Not expecting much, given the writing/casting of the previous two seasons :( Although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to watch every episode.

Will just have to keep my fingers crossed for something a little closer to the quality of series 2 or 3.

Personally, I'm hoping for an Ari marriage rebuild and for a shift in setting to NY, while Vince 'recovers,' before finishing off with one more blockbuster (cue a red carpet scene to close out the series).

Couldn't care less about Drama's monkey cartoon, or Turtle's business aspirations. Less Sasha Grey and more Sloane would be great too.

Other thoughts/predictions?

NB* Happy to combine this thread with the general 'Entourage' thread, however, people seemed to like the idea of a separate thread for season 7.

UPDATE: 8-7-2011

Extended Season 8 trailer has been released by HBO:

[youtube]gu6_eIlbZu4[/youtube]

Gotta say, I'm really uninspired after watching that; could actually be worse than Season 7 :(

Looks like I'll be watching for Ari 'zingers' only.

Cheers Doug Ellin for ruining an awesome TV show.

Yeh Season 7 was a fair bit meh. Still an awesome show though, and I cant wait to see what happens.

Am I right in thinking a movie will follow Season 8?
That's the plan, but there's no official word on a film yet.

Entourage has been getting worse the last couple of seasons, but I've put too much time into it to stop watching now. I still want to see what happens.

if it was an hour show i would of dropped off, but 20 minutes for 2 minutes of Ari brilliance and 18 minutes of s**t, throw in a bit of Saget genius once a month and somehow it seems justified in my mind

Eric walks into the sunset episode 1 never to be seen or mentioned again might be the BANG this series needs, then maybe turtle in episode 2 if he doesn't get back to the old turtle ;)

You would think with a movie almost certain to follow, the last episode will probably end on a cliffhanger.

I'd actually love to see Vince slip even further, maybe even into full rehab and then the movie could be his recovery from it.

I think the movie will be better then the series myself, but there's still hope.

Hasn't been great for a few years now, dragged on 3-4 series too much IMO.

You would think with a movie almost certain to follow, the last episode will probably end on a cliffhanger.

I'd actually love to see Vince slip even further, maybe even into full rehab and then the movie could be his recovery from it.

I think the movie will be better then the series myself, but there's still hope.

Hasn't been great for a few years now, dragged on 3-4 series too much IMO.

I suspect he will fall further and further into the drugs and then by the season ends, will become a washed up hack. The movie will be his great big come back ending in an award nomination or something like that.

Hope they go ahead with the movie. I agree that it hasn't been great lately. But seasons 1-3 and 5 were some of the best TV I have ever seen. Some of season 6 was pretty good as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I only started watching over Summer this year so I'm not as jaded as others seem to be. At least it wasn't as ****ing tiresome as How I Met Your Mother.

Really enjoyed season 7, looking forward to this final season. Glad the writers decided to mix things up, was getting sick of the same old stuff wee in week out. Will be interesting to see how Vince recovers, or if he does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back