Essendon board rejects AFL 'soft bans’ deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon

"On Monday, as exiled coach James Hird returned to the club, McLachlan and Little acknowledged the meeting, at which the matter of player sanctions was discussed".

Well, stuff me. McLachlan just stated tonight he met with Little and they never even discussed the matter. You can always tell when these people are lying because their lips are moving.

Not to be "that guy" but ASADA never actually offered them a deal right? IMO Gil and Little simply discussed potential punishments, and how Essendon would react to them.

One thing I am a little fuzzy on though, is what does the Bombers board have to do with anything? Isn't it up to each individual player to make their own decision?

Makes you wonder if the players were consulted about this not official but floated scenario. And if not why not. Still not sure why everyone is getting such boner about it, it is kind of the result most people want, that being the players are looked after.

Still why would the AFL need to broker deals if the evidence clearly pointed to innocent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And people wonder why ASADA wouldn't speak to Little. The bloke goes to the media any chance he can get.

That's not the reason ASADA wouldn't speak to Little.

FFS they ran an 18 month investigation hand in glove with the AFL where Caro is GM of Communications.

Freezing out Little was just another ASADA baiting exercise.

Would be perfect for the AFL. So long as the players play next season is perfect for them...so what if if takes a couple of months to learn the game plan/actually win a game.

Not sure the public would accept it though. Little would be right in rejecting it (if he has that power). A guilty verdict will be what people remember.

The bans would begin at the end of the 2014 finals campaign, preventing players from training with the club in the off-season.

They would rejoin teammates for 2015’s opening round.

They would be permitted to train together away from the club.

That option was unanimously rejected by the Essendon board.
I thought the board weren't telling the players what to do?

The bans would begin at the end of the 2014 finals campaign, preventing players from training with the club in the off-season.

They would rejoin teammates for 2015’s opening round.

They would be permitted to train together away from the club.

That option was unanimously rejected by the Essendon board.
I thought the board weren't telling the players what to do?

Possibly why it was rejected?

The AFL obviously raised it with the EFC board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back