Preview Essendon Football Club vs Brisbane Lions - Sunday @1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Since the program was in place we've lost/gained these best 30 players:

OUT: Monfries, Crameri, Carlisle, Hibberd, Melksham
IN: Merrett, Daniher, McGrath, Parish, Brown, Ambrose, Hartley, Leuenberger, Goddard. I'm forgetting a few others too
When you think about it, Essendon did OK out of the supps scandal... They lost a few for sure (Ryder would be handy), but from a draft point of view, they lost picks 2013 - 12 (Ben Lennon) & 30 (Trent Dumont), 2014 - 12 (Corey Ellis) & 30 (Brayden Maynard), and then drafted Parish and McGrath due to the ongoing effects on the club. Come out the other side and straight back into finals. Lose some low picks, and get some high picks that weren't really indicative of where you were as a club, and then pick up right where you left off.

Not sure how the AFL let you guys come out of that further ahead than you went in, but there you are...

When you think about it, Essendon did OK out of the supps scandal... They lost a few for sure (Ryder would be handy), but from a draft point of view, they lost picks 2013 - 12 (Ben Lennon) & 30 (Trent Dumont), 2014 - 12 (Corey Ellis) & 30 (Brayden Maynard), and then drafted Parish and McGrath due to the ongoing effects on the club. Come out the other side and straight back into finals. Lose some low picks, and get some high picks that weren't really indicative of where you were as a club, and then pick up right where you left off.

Not sure how the AFL let you guys come out of that further ahead than you went in, but there you are...
From what I understand we would have taken Cripps and Lobb, and taken Langford and Laverde with our 2 picks anyway, 30 I think we would have taken Mitch McGovern

Ryde was already gone wasn't he?

It's because of our recruiting, especially with low draft picks/rookie.

Crameri for pick 26 - Merrett
Gumbleton for pick 55 - Fantasia
Rookie - Ambrose

Ryder for pick 17 - Langford
Pick 20 Laverde
McKenna no. 62 rookie draft (Cat B rookie)

Hartley - pick 68
McDonald-Tipungwuti - rookie draft

Stewart pick 77

It's just making the most out of a bad situation really

Left unhappy with club over the programme and scandal.
Nah, he was screwing around and the missus gave him an ultimatum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think there ever existed a more deluded supporter base than than of Essendon.

Ryder re-signed a contract extension in the middle of the whole s**t storm. The truth is exactly as eth-dog bluntly put it.

I don't think there ever existed a more deluded supporter base than than of Essendon.
It's actually pretty common knowledge. I'm surprised the whole of BigFooty doesn't know it.

That's the best part though isn't it? Its what has kept me sane the past few years knowing that there is a pot of gold at the end of this seemingly never ending rainbow.
So you are sane, are you? It ain't worth it, sanity that is. Very hard to convince most people that you are sane if you barrack for the Lions. Give sanity away completely for a few years and post optimistically like 3KZ.

He's insane, but happy, and quite well adjusted.

No more ten goal plus thrashings. Last week flattered the Giants a bit and they are a very good side despite their injury toll. Planning to have a beer or two at that bar up one end at half time and I have got the hand knitted Fitzroy jumper out of storage, so let's hope for a good day.

So you are sane, are you? It ain't worth it, sanity that is. Very hard to convince most people that you are sane if you barrack for the Lions. Give sanity away completely for a few years and post optimistically like 3KZ.

He's insane, but happy, and quite well adjusted.

No more ten goal plus thrashings. Last week flattered the Giants a bit and they are a very good side despite their injury toll. Planning to have a beer or two at that bar up one end at half time and I have got the hand knitted Fitzroy jumper out of storage, so let's hope for a good day.
Enjoy , hope that hand knitted jumper keeps you warm .

Would love to see skinner get a run.

Who goes to smoking joe? Andrews when deep then gardiner on the run? Will be interesting. Do they have another tall dangerous forward?

Would love to see skinner get a run.

Who goes to smoking joe? Andrews when deep then gardiner on the run? Will be interesting. Do they have another tall dangerous forward?

Hooker might be back. McKernan played in his place last week. Also James Stewart.

Walker (in the starting 18), Cox, Paparone and Freeman (all on the bench) are the inclusions for Beams.

With Walker named on field you'd have to imagine Archie drops out.
Yep Archie is gone, need lots of runners at etihad as given both teams style of play will be up n down not too defensive. Hoping Cox gets another run

Interesting to see who out of walker & mcstay plays CHF.

It's because of our recruiting, especially with low draft picks/rookie.

Crameri for pick 26 - Merrett
Gumbleton for pick 55 - Fantasia
Rookie - Ambrose

Ryder for pick 17 - Langford
Pick 20 Laverde
McKenna no. 62 rookie draft (Cat B rookie)

Hartley - pick 68
McDonald-Tipungwuti - rookie draft

Stewart pick 77

It's just making the most out of a bad situation really
McDonald-Tipungwiti is a great find for you guys. Love the way he plays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back