News Essendon to create a supporter club for LGBT community

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome, lets do the same for catholics, muslims, jews etc.

How about people just support there club, there is no need for sub groups and other crap. Footy is meant to be about the footy and they wonder why people are fed up.

How about people just support there club, there is no need for sub groups and other crap. Footy is meant to be about the footy and they wonder why people are fed up.

So by that I think we can all assume Morgoth thinks we should do away with Women In Black and Club 42 formerly The Woodsmen as well as The Pink Magpies?

They do support the club! Whats the actual problem with them doing it in their own unique way?

Don't like it.

From what's been posted that's outside the norm, but I'm not really in favour of the highlighting of LGBT (and every other letter) groups in things like football. It's not necessary. It's inherently exclusionary. Homosexuals aren't any different from the rest of us and I feel it just reinforces stereotypes. Should gay men like purple/lilac and need to be flamboyant together?

Sorry, we're already Collingwood (or Essendon or whomever) supporters. No need to break it up even further. I'm all for promoting equality (and I absolutely loath racism/homophobia etc) but I just feel this misses the point. Just my two cents.
I think for people who are already comfortable with their homosexuality it is probably unnecessary. But they don't HAVE to receive the LGBTI membership, they can choose to or not.
It's more about making a general statement to the footballing community that sexual diversity is accepted.
It's aimed at the kid who loves playing footy but is intimidated by the exclusive culture. That kid can buy a membership a feel embraced by the game an the club.
Anyway, well done to you lot for highlighting it and your support.

Well it is posted on the forum for discussion. Most people were viewing it positively; I thought I added to the discussion. I'm all for people creating their own niche groups if they feel it's desired. What I (personally) had an issue with is the notion that was mentioned that, one day we can celebrate gay people and have a gay round. I appreciate your opinion too, but that's mine :)

I suppose this sums it up best for me:

Most importantly, 0:36 onwards.

I take exception from people posting youtube videos like these. Morgan Freeman makes far too much sense to be posted on BF. Logic and Bcommon-sense are the antithesis of BF and shouldnt be used in these forums.

So by that I think we can all assume Morgoth thinks we should do away with Women In Black and Club 42 formerly The Woodsmen as well as The Pink Magpies?

I don't give a s**t, its pathetic, just follow your team and stop seeking attention for being a supporter of a footy club.

FFS, I follow footy to get away from all the PC bullshit and escape the mundane for a few hours not to have peoples views rammed down my throat.

I don't give a s**t, its pathetic, just follow your team and stop seeking attention for being a supporter of a footy club.

FFS, I follow footy to get away from all the PC bullshit and escape the mundane for a few hours not to have peoples views rammed down my throat.

You must have loved the Gorilla stuff Goodes copped.

Poor petal do you need someone to sing Soft Kitty to you?

Funny how people objecting to acknowledging the gay community always complain about it being "rammed down their throat". Underlying issue maybe?

Personally, I dont have any problem acknowledging the gay community as long as someone else is being asked to do it. I couldnt care less if someone likes to hang out with the same sex or plastic dolls...It has no impact on me. I got some strong views about a lot of things including football but I dont really care if I cant convince other people that i'm right....and I'm always right. I dont seek acknowledgement. My attitude hasnt changed for years, even though the whole thing about gays has swung 180 degrees in recent years. 20 years ago I thought people who abuse gay people must feel threatened in some way. I still think that way. It interests me that 20 years ago, guys were too gutless to support gay rights and now everyone and his mate is pushing it. BTW I'm in a minority group....I'm an atheist and I keep getting religion pushed at me. My prime minister, who represents me, told the world recently that were praying for the crash dead. I dont pray. I feel offended and isolated. Please start a campaign for me.

Personally, I dont have any problem acknowledging the gay community as long as someone else is being asked to do it. I couldnt care less if someone likes to hang out with the same sex or plastic dolls...It has no impact on me. I got some strong views about a lot of things including football but I dont really care if I cant convince other people that i'm right....and I'm always right. I dont seek acknowledgement. My attitude hasnt changed for years, even though the whole thing about gays has swung 180 degrees in recent years. 20 years ago I thought people who abuse gay people must feel threatened in some way. I still think that way. It interests me that 20 years ago, guys were too gutless to support gay rights and now everyone and his mate is pushing it. BTW I'm in a minority group....I'm an atheist and I keep getting religion pushed at me. My prime minister, who represents me, told the world recently that were praying for the crash dead. I dont pray. I feel offended and isolated. Please start a campaign for me.
I think you'll find there are a lot of atheist groups out there who do campaign about things like that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back