Roast Essendon vs StKilda Ticketing Farce

Remove this Banner Ad

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
10k Posts St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger 2012 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2011 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
So... Just a heads up to all 16, whoops 15 game StKilda Members, if you are planning on attending the Essendon vs StKilda clash in few weeks it is going to cost you $30 to book your seat... Yes you read correctly, $30 to just book a seat for the game!!

So instead of the usual $10-$15 upgrade, they've gone and doubled this... It is cheaper to just go and buy a reserved seat for $25 without your membership!

15 game St Kilda Members
Adult/Conc:$30.00
Juniors: $12.00

11 Game St Kilda Members / non-members
Adult: $52.00
Concession: $43.00
Junior (6-14): $15.00

Junior (U-6): $12.00

So we don't know if this is an AFL directive and problem, or that from the Saints? But hey don't let this opportunity go, for a chance to bring out the old whinging barrow.

So we don't know if this is an AFL directive and problem, or that from the Saints? But hey don't let this opportunity go, for a chance to bring out the old whinging barrow.

Cry me a river. Did i blame the Saints? No. So stop your whinging. Its bloody ridiculous that we have to fork out so much to reserve a seat after already forking out money for a ticket.

I think i know what this is for, Hirds payout anyone?

Hate to state the obvious but had anyone contacted the club to ask why it has doubled and why it's more expensive than buying a reserved seat at $25

Always with the logic. Where is the fun in that? :)

Always with the logic. Where is the fun in that? :)
Logic is only fun when used on someone who believes themself to be the epitome of logic/morality. ie. Plugger and his everlasting struggle against the umps or BS and the contradictory leaks/support.

Sadly, I think thunda's got a case of valid whinge. If the AFL has decided they're going to step in and fix the situation by smacking the already paid-up punter around their wallet-chops, it's just not the correct way of going about it, even if it's the only direct method of assertive control.

Woe for some true forum sport, eh? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's probably because it's not our home game & the AFL/Essendrug want to maximise the amount of Essendrug supporters under the roof. They do have 53,000 members

How much for the Bummers members to reserve a seat?

It's probably because it's not our home game & the AFL/Essendrug want to maximise the amount of Essendrug supporters under the roof. They do have 53,000 members

How much for the Bummers members to reserve a seat?
Oddly enough a mate at work is an Essendon supporter with AFL membership and even he could only get standing room admission.

Oddly enough a mate at work is an Essendon supporter with AFL membership and even he could only get standing room admission.

So ticketing price may be more to do with the fact that Essendon has a large membership, the stadium has limited seating and Ethihad wrings every cent out the stadium that it can?

Logic is only fun when used on someone who believes themself to be the epitome of logic/morality. ie. Plugger and his everlasting struggle against the umps or BS and the contradictory leaks/support.

Sadly, I think thunda's got a case of valid whinge. If the AFL has decided they're going to step in and fix the situation by smacking the already paid-up punter around their wallet-chops, it's just not the correct way of going about it, even if it's the only direct method of assertive control.

Woe for some true forum sport, eh? :p

Don't you think we should ask the club what the story is before jumping to conclusions?

Someone asked the saints membership on twitter and I think they said something about the GA cost being discounted from the cost or something?

Anyone know the story?

Yeah but we've known that all along. It's fact it's $30 to reserve a seat which is what we are talking about. Not bagging the club like some are trying to claim I am. It was never this expensive.

I refuse have any of my hard earned go to that cheating cesspool of a club. Love supporting our boys but there is no way ill be buying a ticket for that game.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Yeah im the same. Love the Saints and the boys deserve support. But IMO Essendope shouldn't be there so I wont go to a Bomber game. Its a bye as far as im concerned .

hey while were on subject, does any of my yearly reserved seat money go to st kilda?
Good question?? ive been a reserved seat holder since we moved to Colonial Stadium, Telstra Dome, Jihad Stadium. And ive got no idea if the Saints , the AFL, or the stadium get the extra cash?????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back