Analysis Evaluate our first rounders

Remove this Banner Ad

What's wrong with Milera? He was tracking well and one of our few players who can kick. And what happened to Galluci? He just seemed to disappear. McAsey a terrible pick. Someone needs to take Jones aside and tell him he is an elite mid. He has all the tools. I would be playing him there.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m still confused by Galluci too. To this day I thought he had some talent and was better than Jones. Obviously just didn’t have the work rate

In saying that, you are correct. Not all firsts are the same.

Currently we have 3 single digit picks on our list. One is a jet, one is best 22 and was our best yesterday after (another) slow start to a year.

One is Fish, who I'll admit is not looking great but I do think he can make it as a forward if we persist.

Isn't it four- Rachele, Jones, Fish, and Thilthorpe?

Re Pedlar, I’ve seen this story one too many times. A couple years into the system, not playing all that well, but we give them time despite showing minimal improvement.

I like to be optimistic but it’s more than likely he’ll also be a bust
Bookmarked.

He will be a very good midfielder/forward just needs to get a decent run at it and that will come as he builds up his endurance...

Re Pedlar, I’ve seen this story one too many times. A couple years into the system, not playing all that well, but we give them time despite showing minimal improvement.

I like to be optimistic but it’s more than likely he’ll also be a bust
His skills and composure are what concerns me. Add in injury prone and his lack of height and I have my concerns. We need more than competitive, we need class. Hopefully he comes good.

His skills and composure are what concerns me. Add in injury prone and his lack of height and I have my concerns. We need more than competitive, we need class. Hopefully he comes good.
He had a shoulder injury in this draft year which did limited his first preseason but I don't recall him having a history of soft tissue injuries? When he get the ball he show he has the class to burst away from stoppage but doesn't get enough right now and tend to rush his disposal by foot which both could be contributed to lack of game fitness.

Lack of height??
He is taller than Laird, Keays and Sloane from the midfield- he towers over M'Chenry and Rowe in the forwards and is marginally taller than McAdam.

Skill, composure and burst speed he has in spades. He has only really just started his second year at AFL give the kid a break.

I’m still confused by Galluci too. To this day I thought he had some talent and was better than Jones. Obviously just didn’t have the work rate
Gallucci played 27 games between 2017 and 2019 when he was 19 to 21 years old. Interesting to compare his stats with Ned McHenry - Gallucci is 24 now and would be hitting his better years if he were still with us (note Chay e has very similar stats too).

glad we kept Mackay on the list and turfed Gallucci…

9AC00F75-A6BE-4B59-A475-B9E2B5F7E42E.png

Gallucci played 27 games between 2017 and 2019 when he was 19 to 21 years old. Interesting to compare his stats with Ned McHenry - Gallucci is 24 now and would be hitting his better years if he were still with us (note Chay e has very similar stats too).

View attachment 1396668
LOL
I suggest you check out Gallucci's VFL stats for Williamstown the last couple of years.

Gallucci is a FIGJAM worked his ass of as a junior to get on an AFL list and then became a slacker thinking it would just happen.

Gallucci had all the tools especially athletically to be a decent AFL footballer but obviously lacked the application and even when the club gave him a rocket he still didn't heed the message.

For the recruiters to have picked this on his junior football with Eastern Ranges they would have had to have been geniuses, this is a lad that came through the AFL Academy program, captained the Eastern Ranges TAC Cup team, co-captained Vic Metro at the Nationals so he passed all the character tests up until he got drafted without a blemish.

Lack of height??
He is taller than Laird, Keays and Sloane from the midfield- he towers over M'Chenry and Rowe in the forwards and is marginally taller than McAdam.

Skill, composure and burst speed he has in spades. He has only really just started his second year at AFL give the kid a break.
Agree with almost all of this but Luke is 182cm and he certainly has a solid frame, all he needs is a decent run at it and he will be a player.

Lack of height??

M'Chenry is my favourite Bigfooty crows player typo yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1396668

Yet no club picked up Gallucci when he was delisted...

View attachment 1396668
Agree to some extent but Gallucci didn't even received or wanted a rookie spot is saying something. He got slammed publicly by us he doesn't run defensively. He has all the athletic attribute and Pyke wanted to draft someone with speed.

Recruiting should definitely be in the spotlight this off season. Plenty of busts, especially early. We can now add Milera and Fog to that list of fails.

No ones position shoud be safe and beyond review.

The club reckons we have only had 1 bad draft recently so we might be stuck with the current team for a while yet.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Recruiting should definitely be in the spotlight this off season. Plenty of busts, especially early. We can now add Milera and Fog to that list of fails.

No ones position shoud be safe and beyond review.

The club reckons we have only had 1 bad draft recently so we might be stuck with the current team for a while yet.

Milera being a fail is a tad harsh.

I get what you mean but it's not really anyone's fault his body let him down. I mean by that measure Charlie Curnow is a fail too, and that has much more to do with the player himself.

I get what you mean but it's not really anyone's fault his body let him down. I mean by that measure Charlie Curnow is a fail too, and that has much more to do with the player himself.
He’s criticised Hamish, how come you didn’t lose it?

He’s said we’ve had heaps of busts with early picks and we need to look at recruiting and yet your absolutely went into meltdown when I did “rags”

184cm according to AFC as a 19 yr old may have grown a bit as it is taller than his footywire bio.
183cm according to the SANFL, I'll just settle for plenty big enough to play a midfielder/forward role at AFL level. ;)

Milera was trending in that direction pre injury. Lots of soft performances as I recall. I'm not confident that part of his game will improve post injury.

Agree to some extent but Gallucci didn't even received or wanted a rookie spot is saying something. He got slammed publicly by us he doesn't run defensively. He has all the athletic attribute and Pyke wanted to draft someone with speed.

At 24, didnt make it onto any clubs 10 player covid backup list either. So thats 1st rounder to not even considered in the top 180 players outside the system?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back