Everton Fans Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

941977_956161083372_1129854923_n.jpg

Whilst the badge itself looks like it was made in paint, the biggest issue for me is the removal of NSNO.

The biggest issue for me is the removal of the wreaths. They could at least have the wreaths where the "18" and "78" is and have "Est 1878" below "Everton".

Only thing I like about the new design is the shade of royal blue and strangely enough the "Everton" font. In all those years I wanted Everton to revert back to the 80's badge with the Prince Rupert's tower and the wreaths, with "EFC" on top and the club pretty much does the complete opposite.

It's like every team I go for has a s**t logo now. First Brisbane Roar, then the Brisbane Lions and now Everton. Not long now until the Brisbane Broncos get a new s**t logo the way things are going.

I'd much rather someone in the mould of Pereira instead of someone who just relegated a team, but I'll support whoever comes in. With RM I'd just hope his teams poor defensive records were from not having the resources to buy defenders like ours

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/05/28/a-message-to-evertonians

A Message To Evertonians

It has been a full-on weekend for many Evertonians and undeniably you have spoken to us loudly and clearly. We have listened. Several meetings and countless discussions have taken place. And, we have reached a decision; a decision that starts with an apology.

We are sorry.

"We want to put this right. Whilst the time-constraints of kit suppliers in particular present challenges, which inevitably means the version released on Saturday will be in operation for the 2013/14 season, we are determined to give our fans a greater say in how we represent the Club on our jerseys, at Goodison Park and across media around the world.

"In advance of the 2014/15 campaign, we are turning to you to help us shape and refine the badge we'll adopt in the future. Evertonians from all sections of the fan-base will be pulled together in a fully transparent way. This group will conduct an in-depth review of all aspects of past and present Club Crests. The panel will then develop ideas and put forward suggestions to you. Evertonians will make the final decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least one of my teams can acknowledge when they have made a major * up and present an apology.

Looking at you Michael Bowers, Tony Kelly, Malcolm Holmes, Angus Johnson and co.

I find this apology ironic, as Kenwright said the fans opinion would be a big factor regarding the new manager would be taken into account. From the various forums and fan sites I've read, it's a fairly overwhelming "no" to Martinez.....

Fair play to the club, they've done the right thing.

And I don't know Ossie, there are definitely some people cracking it over Martinez, but a lot are happy enough. I think he'll prove some doubters wrong.

I find this apology ironic, as Kenwright said the fans opinion would be a big factor regarding the new manager would be taken into account. From the various forums and fan sites I've read, it's a fairly overwhelming "no" to Martinez.....

I'd hardly call it an "overwhelming no". On a poll on GOT with well over 1000 votes Martinez was third favorite with 14.34% of votes. Laudrup was second with 28.53% but we couldn't get anyways because he wants to stay and Swansea and even if he did want to leave Swansea want 10m compensation for him, way more that we can afford. Pereira was favorite with 31.90% of votes but for all we know he could still want to stay at Porto or interviewed badly.

Letting the fans have their say in the manager and a crest are totally different things, a crest can be looked at easily and judged with in seconds, hiring a manager is much different. The fans don't get to interview the candidates, talk to references about them, talk about their contract, ask their goals, see why they want the job ect. Most people who want Pereira haven't even watched him manage a game before so how can there say be more important than someone who has spend weeks talking to people, interviewing them and looking into them.

I have no problem with Bill and the club taking the fans opinion on who they don't want, Hughes, O'Niel ect and then helping them narrow it down to a final five or so candidates but the final descion must be made by Bill and the rest of the board.

Bill was the one who hired Moyes, it's hard to have faith in him and the club these days but just try and have some faith, I will back our next manager no matter who they are and i hope every other Evertonian does too.

Difference with Managers vs a Badge is that the fans might think they know who they want but on a professional level the club will know a hell of a lot more then the fans.

Bill was just interviewd on SkySports, said they're in their third week of interviewing, first week was internals, second week was managers out of contract or who will be out of contract and seasons end and the third week was/is interviewing contracted managers.

He said that he does have a list and has been listening to the fans opinions. He had a few names thrown at him (MacKay, Lennon and Martinez) but remained tight lipped and said there is no favourite.

Maybe I am in the minority but I am happy reading Fellaini wants to stay.
Without this sale, there should still be money to spend.

I'm the most inpatient bloke you'll meet but I'm happy to wait, there's no rush the players are all away on Holiday anyway, I'd rather continue to wait and make the right descion than have to rush things.
I'm quite patient with most things, but this i am not patient with. Hurry up for *s sake!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back