Ex-Lions Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Damien Cupido booted 16 goals on Saturday for Girgarre in the Kyabram District Footy League
View attachment 1383189
Anthony Corrie going great for Yeronga Devils in QFA Div 2, he's a terrific clubman as well, occasionally helps out coaching my grandsons Under 14 side, still moves smoothly over the ground, he has put on a few pounds although not as many as Damien has.

Ive seen Brent Moloney around the Sunny Coast here and there although not sure if hes still playing. I remember watching him play for the Noosa Tigers a few years back and he was in awesome nick.

Ive seen Brent Moloney around the Sunny Coast here and there although not sure if hes still playing. I remember watching him play for the Noosa Tigers a few years back and he was in awesome nick.
He's coaching Wilson-Grange.

Helped out Oskar Baker in the off season when he was up here for a holiday from Melbourne.

Reuben William currently playing for Werribee (No 14) on the VFL stream against the Suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been watching Liam Dawson play abit at Aspley. Massive unit now.

Son of ex-Lion:
Casey Voss looking good in state game WA v SA.

Still looks a little lacking in "pace", but it isn't stopping him from getting a lot of it.
Disposal by foot is very accurate ...... certainly looking a better player with maturity.

Ballenden also playing ..... kicked a great goal (travelled 60+ mts) early on.

Son of ex-Lion:
Casey Voss looking good in state game WA v SA.

Still looks a little lacking in "pace", but it isn't stopping him from getting a lot of it.
Disposal by foot is very accurate ...... certainly looking a better player with maturity.

Ballenden also playing ..... kicked a great goal (travelled 60+ mts) early on.
Update: Casey Voss best-on.

I was looking through the list of OOC players and it struck me that there are quite a few X Lions players on the list.... not many of this group getting an extension IMO >

Mitchell Hinge, Tom Cutler, James Aish, Josh Walker, Sam Mayes, Sam Skinner, Lewis Taylor, Alex Witherden, Jack Redden, Tom Joyce, Josh Schache. Stef Martin.

+ X academy boys Noah Cumberland, Will Martyn.

James Aish the only one there certain of getting another contract, maybe Jack Redden at a pinch. I can not see a mistake there re list decisions to move these players out or pass on them at the draft.

Trivia - Jack Redden played 129 games for us and is now on 127 games for the Eagles.

I was looking through the list of OOC players and it struck me that there are quite a few X Lions players on the list.... not many of this group getting an extension IMO >

Mitchell Hinge, Tom Cutler, James Aish, Josh Walker, Sam Mayes, Sam Skinner, Lewis Taylor, Alex Witherden, Jack Redden, Tom Joyce, Josh Schache. Stef Martin.

James Aish the only one there certain of getting another contract, maybe Jack Redden at a pinch. I can not see a mistake there re list decisions to move these players out or pass on them at the draft.

Trivia - Jack Redden played 129 games for us and is now on 127 games for the Eagles.
Was really sorry at the time to lose Jack Redden and so pleased for him that he got his premiership at the Eagles after a rough start with injuries. Always seemed to be a really good character who in the Fages era would have been a great asset at the Club.
Does anyone know what pick we got for him in the trade to WCE and how we used that pick?

Was really sorry at the time to lose Jack Redden and so pleased for him that he got his premiership at the Eagles after a rough start with injuries. Always seemed to be a really good character who in the Fages era would have been a great asset at the Club.
Does anyone know what pick we got for him in the trade to WCE and how we used that pick?
These things are bloody complicated when you take into account bid matching... I think this is what happened.

We got pick 17 for Jack.

We gave pick 17 (+26) to North Melbourne for Ryan Bastinac(BRAB ) and 38&40 + 2016 3rd rounder.

We then picked up Rhys Matheison at pick 39, Sam Skinner at pick 47.

Hinge'll get a new contract. Walker too, he's been one of their best, although that's not saying much. They probably should offer Redden another year, he'll be a year-to-year proposition from here on out though. Stef will almost certainly retire.

Skinner had potential but doomed by his knees, just terrible luck there. Joyce would have gotten a bunch of games this year if he hadn't done his ankle, another sliding doors one.

The others though... a bunch of seeming potential that never really turned out, innit.

I wonder how CEY is doing. Threw away an AFL contract and likely impacted any AFL related post-playing career in the process (if there was an option for that in the first place). Dont think he will get another contract even if COVID requirements change next year. To compound all that he seems heavy into NFTs which have all kacked it recently. Hope he has a better 2023

I wonder how CEY is doing. Threw away an AFL contract and likely impacted any AFL related post-playing career in the process (if there was an option for that in the first place). Dont think he will get another contract even if COVID requirements change next year. To compound all that he seems heavy into NFTs which have all kacked it recently. Hope he has a better 2023
Recently signed with Woodville-West Torrens in the SANFL for the rest of the season, as they have relaxed their vaccination mandate.

Hinge'll get a new contract. Walker too, he's been one of their best, although that's not saying much. They probably should offer Redden another year, he'll be a year-to-year proposition from here on out though. Stef will almost certainly retire.

Skinner had potential but doomed by his knees, just terrible luck there. Joyce would have gotten a bunch of games this year if he hadn't done his ankle, another sliding doors one.

The others though... a bunch of seeming potential that never really turned out, innit.
Walker dropped this week. Wouldnt be surprised to see Doggies hang on to the Shack given there lack of talls or could he be a big surprise McStay replacement :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back