Preview Round 1 - Dockers v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty high standards you have there 3KZ, the game before last Friday night was an under a goal Grand Final loss... the first 1/4 and a bit last week was from a few on here deemed just about the best footy the team has played in the Fagan era... followed by albeit 25 minutes of atrocious footy... after that the contest was even.
Over the course of his tenure, not the last three games.

With the Gardiner as a forward experiment shelved after our first game, I'm hoping the same happens with the Berry as HB experiment.
Fages did mention his name as someone who could play down there with Kiddy out. Obviously we shouldn’t read to much into those press conferences, so my hope is he was just throwing names out there, as opposed to any designs of going back there with Berry again.

And would we have played better with someone out of the reserves playing ahead of someone like Rayner?

Dropping for punishment isn't what a decent coach does
But punishing consistent bad form is.

IMO Fagan has been excellent for us over the course of his tenure.
Would you agree at different stages of his career he would have come under more acid from the media if he was coaching a Victorian club with our record? That is the point I have made.

I suspect he would have.

Would you agree at different stages of his career he would have come under more acid from the media if he was coaching a Victorian club with our record? That is the point I have made.

I suspect he would have.
Possibly but that is one of the few advantages the Northern states have.
Also, why some players move north to get away from the Victorian media.

And would we have played better with someone out of the reserves playing ahead of someone like Rayner?

Dropping for punishment isn't what a decent coach does
Maybe if we had dropped Rayner when we should have, we could’ve got more games into Keays and Hinge. Both deserved more senior appearances after they dominated in the QAFL. But they were continually overlooked by players like Rayner who was not performing to the standards which is acceptable to play seniors. Now Keays and Hinge have gone on to play pivotal roles for the Crows and both are in Adelaide's Leadership Group.

Maybe if we had dropped Rayner when we should have, we could’ve got more games into Keays and Hinge. Both deserved more senior appearances after they dominated in the QAFL. But they were continually overlooked by players like Rayner who was not performing to the standards which is acceptable to play seniors. Now Keays and Hinge have gone on to play pivotal roles for the Crows and both are in Adelaide's Leadership Group.

Yeah disastrous result

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were wanting to keep Hinge. It was his choice to leave.

IMO Birchall heading north had more to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back