Preview Round 3, 2024 - Brisbane Lions v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My view is we can make a granny from anywhere in the 8. Don’t necessarily need top 4.
If we were a Victorian team, generally I’d agree however if there’s one thing this group hasn’t really improved on in the last few years it’s winning away from home.

Can’t see us having to win 2 or 3 away from Gabba to win it all, especially against other high quality teams.

With Kiddy out for the season and Doedee out for most if not all the season I wonder if Lester could actually take his game to the next level. Really step up his intercept game or work harder in transition

Just with Andrews, Payne, Gardiner, Lester, Starce and Answerth down there. That's about 3 or 4 too many bad kicks

Personally I’d be tasking the recruitment team with going after the best kick we can find and plugging them straight in at HB. Kiddy’s kicking and subsequent gamebreaking ability is what we miss most imo.
I think we need to trial Reece Torrent in a hb role in the VFL, he is a beautiful kick.
We also have Brain and Prior who are decent kicks

Anyone else looking at the $3 for the Pies?

I have zero faith this week.
$3 pies is fantastically cheap these days - probably filled with crap though. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Kiddy out for the season and Doedee out for most if not all the season I wonder if Lester could actually take his game to the next level. Really step up his intercept game or work harder in transition

Just with Andrews, Payne, Gardiner, Lester, Starce and Answerth down there. That's about 3 or 4 too many bad kicks
You really don’t watch games do you. Alternatively, you don’t understand what you are looking at. Here are the key stats for intercepts and disposal efficiency from last year.

Lester was ranked #2 for Intercepts last season, behind Harris Andrews. How much better does he need to get? His intercept work was fantastic last year.

As for bad kicks, which 3 or 4 defenders are bad kicks? The 3 or 4 with the highest disposal efficiency at the club?
IMG_1053.png IMG_1056.png

Last edited:
Fort in to cover for Oscar having another stinker…Or to give another big target in the forward line?
Maybe Zorko goes back, Rayner plays Zorko’s half-forward role?

That’s a slow team with no line breaking kickers in the back half. Fort in means they will at least have a target for our down the line bombs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back