Preview Round 3, 2024 - Brisbane Lions v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it appears there are no circumstances where Berry will be dropped under Fagan. He had 10 fairly forgettable disposals for the game against Fremantle. Lyons had 10 disposals in the LAST QUARTER and 25 for the match. Fagan’s response … drop Lyons. Berry out for Neale would have made much more sense. Play Bailey at Half Forward, McCluggage on the wing, Lyons in midfield rotations, especially because of his strong hands in the wet.

Let’s hope Berry can find a way to make a significant contribution.
Well let's not play Berry at half back for a start. Made no sense, got in the way. If he is going to be any chance of performing to an acceptable standard he has to be played to his strengths with the simplest of roles. Tag him, run wing hard, be bull in middle for 5 minutes. Make it simple.

Well let's not play Berry at half back for a start. Made no sense, got in the way. If he is going to be any chance of performing to an acceptable standard he has to be played to his strengths with the simplest of roles. Tag him, run wing hard, be bull in middle for 5 minutes. Make it simple.
Fingers crossed.

I still find incredulous that we basically selected Joyce over Arnold.

I mean Joyce is so far off the pace of AFL and just constantly gives away frees that he is an utter liability.

Some of our recruiting decisions are utterly bewildering.

Right now, I fail to see that we missed out on anything. Joyce is no world beater, but considering where we were at with Adams, it made sense to pick someone up with at least some senior exposure.

Please go on about our recruiting decisions that are so bewildering? I think plenty would argue we've got plenty right in this space over the Fagan era.

Fagan was in the crowd watching St.Kilda carve Collingwood up with tackle pressure, forcing turnovers, rebound and run. The commentators were explicit, Collingwood were beaten between the arcs. In light of this, you would have thought we could work Tunstill into the team at the very least.

Fagan has shown he is clueless when it comes to tactics. That’s why he has someone do the job for him on game day so he can focus on stats

Glad Fort is in and I think being too tall in the ‘sort of wet’ is a nonsense. The game could become a down-the-line style game and being able to contest effectively is valuable. The Pies backline is also bog average atm and some big targets will do there head in.

Fagan has shown he is clueless when it comes to tactics. That’s why he has someone do the job for him on game day so he can focus on stats
There are unconfirmed reports of recent sightings of Fagan’s Plan B.

1711541139538.jpeg

Fagan was seen at the MCG last Thursday night watching the St.Kilda v Collingwood game with an HB Pencil and an exercise book he picked up at Woolies. My concern is that he may have gone with the intention of copying Collingwood’s tactics and game style, on the basis that they are the reigning premiership team. Team selection does appear to confirm this.

I still think we will win, especially as I am expecting Cam Rayner to have his BREAKOUT GAME and Berry to carve it up on the wing.

I don't mind the team overall. I expect Lohmann to be sub.

I like that it's 6 defenders named with Ah Chee on the bench possible 7th def/sm fwd role. I would expect Zorko to go back at some stage but it's good to know we have genuine defenders if Hill etc get away. I'm OK Answerth got the spot, Prior must have been close. If Jack has snapped out of his funk defense may not be flashy but it should be reliable and functional.

I like that Fort is in the team. If we get some better ball that's good, if it helps O out a bit that's good. If Frampton is sent back to nulify Andrews we can play Fort 3rd tall that can give us a height advantage or it forces Frampton to come back and cover, freeing up Andrews. And that's good.

Huge effort needed from the sm fwds, Charlie, Linc, Rayner, Bailey, Zorko, Ah Chee n Dev at times. That tackling pressure and harassment has to be manic. It's where I think Zorko is best, then feeding the ball back into the fwds on a turnover or kicking a cpl himself. His fire is needed fwd. Gotta push up on the Pies, pressure and create turnovers in their defensive half of the field. Drop a man back and let them run at us with an extra man upfield and we're toast.

The midfield has a bit more run and authority with Neale back. I'd like to see Dev play a lot of minutes in the middle, showing some aggression, fighting for the ball, tackling with venom, chasing with purpose. He's not fancy but that's his strength. Let him bring a bit of fire to the midfield. Midfield just like the sm fwds need to be all over them too.

if we can get it right in the head we could actually pull this off. I'm still doubtful but I do see a flicker of hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back