Gym & Misc Exercise after work

Remove this Banner Ad

Piss Poor

Cancelled
Aug 27, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm trying to lose weight but I'm having trouble exercising after work.

I don't know how people do it that have full time jobs, guys at work always talk about going to the gym afterwards but in my head, I'm thinking is there something wrong with me that I have no energy to exercise after work.

I work from 6am to 3pm but the main problem I have is, after work I'm exhausted and my feet are too sore to do cardio, I stand for most of the day.

I feel really tired, its extremely difficult to get in the exercise.

Any advice, tips, how you motivate yourselves, how to beat sore feet from long standing days.

I do get a bit of exercise from my work

Plus I don't enjoy running which just the thought of it makes me sick.

any exercises that doesn't involve stresses on the feet.

I cant swim that good, only backstroke and how to tred water that's it.

it might look funny if I went to the pool to do 10 backstroke laps:D

any sort of swimming would be a good start. 10 laps of backstroke or even 2 laps of treading water and you will be suprised at what muscles are sore. have to be good for the heart and in turn great cardio exercise

Working long shifts, I found I had to work it into my daily routine other wise it just doesn't happen.

I jog to work in the morning and depending on how I'm feeling I either jog or walk back. (it's only a 15-18min run, approx 2 miles).

Fortunately where I work has changing rooms with showers, but running with a rucksack with work stuff in, takes a bit of getting used to.

I've found that it perks me up for the mornings work, but I definitely need some food mid-morning. Plus I don't find I'm any more tired after a 14 hour shift, than when I wasn't running. (if anything now I'm fitter, I'm less tired)

I guess what I'm suggesting ( as you don't like running), is if exercise after a hard day is too much because your exhausted, then try doing it before you go to work instead.

It's a motivation problem.

If you don't want to do it after work, you don't really want to do it all.

Sorry if that's harsh.

ROUTINE

MOTIVATION

Must go.

Each night after work I have some excercise sheduled. It's either a bike ride then weights, or boxing then weights. It sucks, I rather be home just watching some tele, but that won't make me fitter.

I recently decided to chuck in 500 ab reps, so am now getting up 20 minutes earlier than I used to to do it. This comes after having to get up earlier to jog the new dog. Means I go to sleep a bit earlier and that I don't watch 20 minutes of re-runs of bad TV or old movies.

Not sure if serious..... :confused::confused:
srs

550 this morning made up of leg raises, full sit ups, crunches, side crunches, side to side ankle taps (2x =1 rep), rolling crunches, side crunches.

Basically caused by motivations, due to Blade Trinity.......****ing Ryan Reynolds haha. Looked up his work out regime and am doing my best to get on par with it. He started with 500-1000 abd reps each morning (to go along with weight training).

Great movie for motivation. Get angry at how cut he is, then stare at Jessica Beale.

Knowing that I'm going to hit up the gym is one of the main things which gets me through the days I work. Suck it up initially and build up a routine and your mindset will completely change.

Maybe you aren't eating well enough or not drinking enough water across your day. Unless you're a builder or work a similarly high-intensity job, then the problem is in your mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You realize there is little to no point to doing that? For strength or mass gains anyway.

If your goal is to do 551 reps then it's not a bad program.
lol.

I understand it has little strengthening or gains benefits.

I know the best way to get cut abs if to loose weight and that most ab work will give you little benefits in these areas.

I do find however it's been good for my lower abs which were probably underdone, as well as getting me active for the day. I've found it's good to start with as a step into the day.

It is part of a bigger program though, so it's not sole excercise. I just find I enjoy gut work.

Appreciate the feed back.

lol.

I understand it has little strengthening or gains benefits.

I know the best way to get cut abs if to loose weight and that most ab work will give you little benefits in these areas.

I do find however it's been good for my lower abs which were probably underdone, as well as getting me active for the day. I've found it's good to start with as a step into the day.

It is part of a bigger program though, so it's not sole excercise. I just find I enjoy gut work.

Appreciate the feed back.

If you wanted your legs to get bigger would you do 500 squats?

Abs are a muscle just like any other.

If you wanted your legs to get bigger would you do 500 squats?

Abs are a muscle just like any other.
Good point. Though doing one weighted squat is a little different from doing one sit-up.

What about the effects from a cardio POV. I know I'd probably be better suited doing a larger muscle group for better weight loss or going for a longer jog, but seeing as I don't mind doing them, it should have a (at least partially) positive effect for cardio etc yeah?

Cheers.

Don't want to train? notsureifsrs

It is the only time of the day that I don't have to worry about work/study/relationships/money/whatevers.

I think cardio exercise is best way to get good results in natural way and be fit,
i also doing cardio exercise in morning....

If you don't like doing it after work, do it before. This may mean you have to get up earlier and go to sleep earlier too.

And you should do running if you want to become fitter. Combine it with a weight session. The larger your muscles, and the more cardio you do, the quicker you will become fitter.

You need to find motivation to train after work. Find out why you want to do it, and use that. Maybe get a friend to help if you desire or like company.

I've lost about a lot of weight in the past without doing any cardio at all, but I'm a tradie so I have a very active job where I'm burning calories all day and I just cut down the amount of calories I ate in a day. Worked an absolute treat.

Diet is the key, it can't be understated how important that is whether you're trying to gain muscle or lose weight.

Get the iPod in the ears and imagine what you'll look like at the end of the program and/or lifestyle. I think you'll find the hardest bit starting off.

Once you've tasted a bit of success and seen some results, you should keep it up. Remember you don't have to train at 100% everytime you train.

It's all about training consistently and smartly, no use over-doing it. Oh and diet is very important, something I should probably take note of :(

No supplement, music device, television program or workout gear can do for you what you can for yourself. Motivation starts with you opening the door to your gym and walking through it for as many days in a row as you can stand it.

First year I started back to the gym I went 331 out of 365 days. Nothing is more motivating then yourself....if you can't motivate yourself then I have no words for you.

Don't go home after work. Either drive somewhere for a run or some gym/cardio. As soon as you get inside and sit down, it becomes a lot harder to motivate yourself to go without a training partner...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back