Remove this Banner Ad

Bird Man

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
I know really struggling clubs have done this but given our circumstances.

We rolled the dice to give dimma his last dance with recruiting just defenders for some reason in the draft and then TT and hopper.

There are still people within the club including the players that think we are not far of it.

I back our culture and Gale over most, however it would be good to have some one or a group to asses the group and staff with our guys to figure out the best move.

Because if we “go again” that could set us back a decade of being ass like the hawks or lions.

We can’t get this wrong and having a mix of old and new experts give a report can only be beneficial.

I agree Gale is a major asset we still have to rebuild, but it's going to be a monumental task.

Had to laugh at Dimma's podcast interview, where he took the credit for our massive turnaround in 2017.
The reality is, it was the acquisition of Caracella, Balme, McRae, Leppitsch, Nank, Prestia, Caddy that turned it around.

The turn around would not have happened without the off field boost.

Suddenly we had a game plan that suited the list. Prior to that all we had was Hawthorn's game plan.

My point is, it'll be challenging to get that class of assistants in place. With Gale there I'm sure they won't only
be focused on the senior coach, but also the support he needs.

As 2016 proved, with the right moves, things can turn around quickly. It's going to be a very interesting and critical off season
from both a coaching and list management perspective.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back