F1 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Is online good? Or is it a lag fest?

There are some people who are good and others who will just want to cause crashes, there is no lag from what I have played. Not my cup of tea and don't expect it to be perfect but there are no serious problems.

Can never get a fast enough time on Quali. Was so fed up when I raced in on Career, at not getting anywhere that I just went backwards to get disqualifed.

Found out that it's cost me an achievement. :(
What achievement? I got sick of it too so I deliberately cut a corner to get DQed.

So far i reckon Monoco and Spain im off the pace and dont matter what i do in career it dont get better lol Oh well hopefully when i get a better car

I'm fed up with Singapore. I turned down the AI difficulty to amateur and I still struggled to pole first with HRT, I must have repeated Q3 a couple dozen times. When I finally achieved pole, I thought the race shouldn't be too hard as I was consistently punching out top 5 laps in qualifying. I was wrong.

The entire race is in heavy rain. I have to approach every corner like my life depends on it, one slight twitch of the steering wheel and I'll be flying across the landscape. You think a wet setup will help? Think again. I've tried numerous wet setups and the car is just not controllable. I've driven around the whole track at 70km/hr and I still manage to spin out when I'm not even doing anything.

I survived Catalunya, I dominated Monte Carlo, I've handled multiple heavy rain tracks and yet I can't ****ing drive in Singapore. I think I may just disqualify myself and move on, even though it will severely hamper my chances of winning the championship.

P.S. No driver assists besides corner lines.

P.P.S. **** Singapore.

Have you put your ride height up even more?
You might be bottoming out on Singapore's high kerbs.

I just ripped my front wheel off on Budapest's pit entry wall on the last lap whilst in 1st place and holding no replays. :(

Just drove Spa in a monsoon. Unbelieveably intense. It got so wet that you'd brake for corners and before you even touched the steering wheel, the car would start spinning. It got to the stage where you had to basically come to a complete stop on some corners before turning. I qualified 15th, got up to 4th on the first lap, eventually got into the lead, saw Vettel (my rival, which is crucial) spin out and fall back to 17th. Eventually I myself spun and fell back to 5th but I decided not to push and just drive conservative and hold 5th. I've never seen so many AI cars spin before.

I just ripped my front wheel off on Budapest's pit entry wall on the last lap whilst in 1st place and holding no replays. :(
:eek: Not cool.

But you were going into the pits on the final lap..?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What Sean said. :(

I'm still leading the championship, but it was pretty devastating going from 1st to 24th with the finish line almost in sight.

3 seasons down now, finished 3rd at Abu Dhabi in the last race in a Lotus, with no assists at all on, against Hard difficulty, was quite happy. (Well Auto gears on, but with a controller I don't consider that an assist).

Then Lotus don't even want to renew my contract:confused:, but luckily Williams jump in.

I've gone Lotus, Williams, Lotus and back to Williams now, really hoping I can improve to a top team by year 5, might have to do a long weekend at my bad tracks to do so though.

How do you turn on tyre wear and full crash simulation? Is that just by playing on expert, or is it when you do full race weekends?

Took me abit to find it aswell. When you go to click on race weekend go to difficulty setting and click on it.
You can scroll all the way down and you will see it.

Killed them at Monza. Qualified on Pole, led into the first corner and never gave it up. Came out of my pit stop 12 seconds ahead with 3 laps left (I do short races, I'm far too impatient) so I turned my engine down and played it safe for the rest of the race. My engineer was laughing saying nobody expected it. Disbelieving prick.

Yeah i got buttraped at Korea last night. Heavy rain all weekend. Just as i was getting used to it in practice it dried up, so i had to adjust driving styles again.
Then on to quali and it was pissing down, knocked out a 2:07 which was good enough for 12th and spun on nearly every other lap. Then on the very last lap pulled it home in 2:02 for pole.
In the race it was still bucketing down, I started well battling Hamilton for 1st when i missed a braking point and lost the spot. Then let my impatience get the better of me and gunned it a bit too hard coming out of a corner and lost it completely. That was the end of that. I'm still leading the WDC but only by about 10 points from Alonso and i think 15 from Hamilton. Should be a good finish.

The only track i'm having trouble on is Silverstone. I can never seem to flick it through the fast corners in the first sector that well.

Hey all, if you are struggling in career mode, or even online, go search for some pre made setups from those that have spent hours tweaking their cars to get fast times.

This is the best forum I have found,

http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2010-setups/

Note, after about 20 views you have to register, but it's free and only requires an email address, so it's ok.

I just qualified 2nd at Malaysia, a track I hated my first 2 seasons, with a setup off that site.

Wow, this game just pissed me off big time with the mother of all glitches.

In season mode, went from Monaco to the next race in Istanbul, and the "special downforce package" that goes with developed cars at Monaco is still on my car.

I seriously have no speed, I have lowered all my settings, yet even the bloody HRT's go flying past me on the straight, in the wet, or in the dry.

What a ****ing joke, there goes 3 1/2 seasons of work, going to finish 24th and drop down the order in the championship now.:mad::mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back