F1 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

I know this is lazy, but... I cant be F'd going through 47 pages to find a review.

I'm going to get a game or two this week. I'm thinking NBA 2k11 (I'm a freak w/ basketball) is a must get for me - I was all pumped for the NRL game but that turned into a massive flop (from all reports).

So.. Wait for the WWE game (this week) or get this? Pros/Cons?

Thanks.

I know this is lazy, but... I cant be F'd going through 47 pages to find a review.

I'm going to get a game or two this week. I'm thinking NBA 2k11 (I'm a freak w/ basketball) is a must get for me - I was all pumped for the NRL game but that turned into a massive flop (from all reports).

So.. Wait for the WWE game or get this? Pros/Cons?

It really depends what your prefer. F1 is best if you really understand the lingo of F1, which I don't. :eek: It is still a challenging game and graphics wise it is very good. NBA 2K11 is supposed to be decent as well with Michael Jordan included in the game as an extra touch. WWE Smackdown vs. Raw is meant to be good getting a 8 out of 10 with IGN.

If you are one who goes by metacritic scores then:

NBA 2K11 - 8.9
F1 2010 -8.4
WWE - TBC

If it was me I would go with NBA 2K11.

FOR **** SAKE!!! The AI are giving me the shits. I've replayed the race about 10 times and everytime they always nudge me so that I'll spin, or go so slow through a corner that I'll smash into the back of them causing me to go flying. ****ing pissing me off.

Haha, figured out my problem, my R2 button on my controller has snapped it's link, and now has no gradual give in it, it's either on or off, and for some reason that means less then 100% accelaration, even when I press it fully.

Anyway, changed to X and square for now, need to buy a new controller and a wheel now.

Haha, figured out my problem, my R2 button on my controller has snapped it's link, and now has no gradual give in it, it's either on or off, and for some reason that means less then 100% accelaration, even when I press it fully.

Anyway, changed to X and square for now, need to buy a new controller and a wheel now.
Despite a stuffed controller you were doing quite well tonight. Was it 3 wins that you had tonight?

Despite a stuffed controller you were doing quite well tonight. Was it 3 wins that you had tonight?
Yeah, think it was 3 wins out of the last 4 races, and I only got beat by the Japanese driver by 0.1 seconds at Cataluyna, which was shattering.

Improving after my 24th placing in the first race, headed to Melbourne unsure how i'd go. Qualified 12th..... and finished 15th.

In the practice session at kuala lumpa, i was 22nd fastest. Couldn't quite piece the perfect lap, always had the fastest sector 1 time, would make an error or two (be it braked incorrectly, not taking a corner as well as i could etc) - lost 5+ seconds in sector 3 with each attempted lap. Shocked myself by qualifying 3rd fastest in the qualifying round.

Haha, I'm using x and square as my main controls and I'm doing better then ever, although the thumb gets a bit sore.

Won my last 2 races, now at Silverstone, only 8 points off Massa in the championship.

Time to go watch a wet korean GP.

Improving after my 24th placing in the first race, headed to Melbourne unsure how i'd go. Qualified 12th..... and finished 15th.

In the practice session at kuala lumpa, i was 22nd fastest. Couldn't quite piece the perfect lap, always had the fastest sector 1 time, would make an error or two (be it braked incorrectly, not taking a corner as well as i could etc) - lost 5+ seconds in sector 3 with each attempted lap. Shocked myself by qualifying 3rd fastest in the qualifying round.

If you are having trouble qualifying, i found the long race weekend helps,as you have 3 sessions instead of 1 all you have to beat is 17th in the 1st session and 10th in the 2nd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seem to always crash seconds after my engineer tells me "u have a 5 second lead on vettel/webber/alonso/hamilton". And also in the last laps when i have about 9/10 of a spin up my sleeve. I know its psycological.

Get NBA 2k11 if you love basketball.
Got it, I feel sorry for this game though (F1), I payed for it, used it for a week and now it's just sitting there all lonely, I think I might play it when I get some free time, can't believe I don't have much spare time anymore, working out, homework and school catches up.

I seem to always crash seconds after my engineer tells me "u have a 5 second lead on vettel/webber/alonso/hamilton". And also in the last laps when i have about 9/10 of a spin up my sleeve. I know its psycological.

Same I'll either be coasting for the whole race and then spin or crash in places I've never spun before or I'll do the same thing while being pressured from behind.

Still addicted to online. Been playing online. First lap take outs are a bit tedious but I've still won a few. Had an awesome one at Turkey where I was second for the whole race then caught the guy not through driver error bit superior speed through that amazing turn 8. Just awesome.

Being playing a bit over the last week. Just career mode on probably the easiest level. Have noticed a few things:

1. Schumacher and Sutil are the worst drivers to pass. I swear they seem to hook, ram, over brake in front of me more than others.

2. Its surprising how much concentration it takes to put together a good race.

3. Be careful when you next jump in your car and drive somewhere, you look at corners a little differently and pick lines and excellerate out a little more aggressively.

After watching the Korean grand prix on the weekend and seeing the vision of Vettels pole qualifying lap i was impressed with how similar it actually was in the game. I was also even more impressed with how Vettel drove that lap.

I declined first offer of $1.5 mill next season with current team, won the next race and they came back with $8.5 mill for next seaon.

Things i will do in season 2. Be more careful of when i pit. Going on my engineers recommendation i have pitted many times in say the top 5, then get stuck in the pits for 15 seconds while all the others come in behind me. I then rejoin in about 20th position. I now go a few more laps and its a 5 second stop when no other cars are holdign you up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back