F1 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Had my first crack at online last night. So far what I've gathered is that as a driver, I pwn them all. Only they clearly drive dirty, something I wasn't doing. So I'll just need to start doing that, and I'll be unstoppable Mu-hahaha!!!

Your post just needed a few extra words.

Had my first crack at online last night. So far what I've gathered is that as a driver, I pwn them all. Only they clearly drive dirty, something I wasn't doing. So I'll just need to start doing that, and I'll be unstoppable.

yup.

WHen i was playing online. as long as i didn't get smashed into first corner i would just run away from most people. excpt for when i was racing with others i knew or i was lucky. i was level 10/50 or something (don't do much online) and killing these guys who were level 30. has nothing to do with skill obviously. lol

From what i've played so far, there is more lag on single player than online (i always get a bit of lag when driving past the pits on career mode). It's just ********s who think its fun to ram into everyone, i've had people who when catch you they nudge your back wheel and make you spin out. Very frustrating

Gutted! Just went to check to the mail and see if this game had arrived. Open up the letter box and the first thing I see is a package and then my heart jumps. Turns out it’s a package for my ****ing sister. Have to wait until at least Wednesday now. :mad::(

Finally, after almost 4 seasons, I get an offer from a top team, and it's a doozy, Ferarri offer me the number 2 driving spot for 19 Million.

Took it straight away, even with 2 races still remaining and an outside chance of stealing the championship away from Alonso. (22 points down with 2 races left).

I'll finish off my 7 year career with 3 championships it seems.:thumbsu:

I struggle on the China track, in the practice session i was a good 10 - 17 seconds behind everyone else. However it was raining, thus a wet track for the qualifying session... luckily it slowed everyone down. I was a few seconds faster than my fastest lap time that i set in the dry practice session. Qualified 11th, but much better than a potential 24th.

Had a great GP sessions last night, started off with about 12 players, then after about 5 races it fell to just 5 aussies.

Because we were all Aussies, the racing was fair, and no one took each other off on the first corner, so it was skill rather then luck that decided the races.

Luckily it pissed down with rain at Cataluyna, I'm unbeatable in the wet, haha, and then I went on and was the only one to survive Monaco (2 lap race) and then won the next 3 races also.

Also, THE PATCH IS OUT, I'm downloading at the moment, at least I hope it's the patch, sick of getting held up in the pits when I come in leading.

Racing at Korea, it was raining at the start of the race but then eased. Track dried up and cars started pitting. I stayed out and got up to 2nd with 8 laps to go (Out of 17), noticed other cars were far quicker because they had swapped to inters, they call me into the pits and what do they do? Put me on inters.

Decide to re do my race and decided to pit early when everyone else pitted and manually chose it so that primes were put on my car. Surprisingly the cars at the front didn't pit (hopefully it's not the bug where they have no tyre where and don't pit) and I ended up finishing 11th after a good battle with Schumacher. Felt like real racing where you going at eachother. He'd over take me, then I'd get him back a corner or 2 later, it was awesome.

Brother only got this yesterday so just getting use to the tracks and controlling the car.
So thats why i went screaming into your car Oz online cause i didn't know wtf was coming up haha.
Was just wondering what you guys drive on, as in what difficulty and what assists do you's have on??????
I think i'm on Hard but with corner showing thingy, and Traction control on medium. Brake assist and ABS are off. That's when with controller, I put ABS on with steering wheel

Brother only got this yesterday so just getting use to the tracks and controlling the car.
So thats why i went screaming into your car Oz online cause i didn't know wtf was coming up haha.
Was just wondering what you guys drive on, as in what difficulty and what assists do you's have on??????
I think i'm on Hard but with corner showing thingy, and Traction control on medium. Brake assist and ABS are off. That's when with controller, I put ABS on with steering wheel
Haha that's okay, figured you were only new. Other guy was going off his nut thinking you were just trying to punt me off on purpose.

I go Profession, traction on full, corners only racing line, ABS on, brake assist off. So basically everything on except for brake assist. I'll probably try differently when I eventually get a wheel.

Wow, I actually got on the podium at Monte Carlo, only took me 4 seasons and my first wet race.

And when I say wet, I mean monsoon, they weren't kidding when they said the patch would make it wetter, I was swimming around MC.:eek:

Anyway, qualified terribly because it was dry (crashed out in Q2, so 17th) and then found my way to the lead before spinning at the hairpin lap after lap in the wet.

Kept going, crawled through the hairpin for the last 6 laps and got up to 3rd.

Still leading the championship, with my 2 worst tracks (Cataluyna and MC) out of the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm liking the new patch.
It's good to finally be able to exit the pit box properly and for cars to move out of your way when you're on a hot lap.

I don't know if it's due to the new patch, but last race at Catalunya, Kovalainen set the fastest lap of the race on the penultimate lap, which I thought was quite strange. :eek:

Just got a seat with mclaren. baharain 50% (expert).

Lapped most of the field. then ran out of fuel on the last lap half way through. so i crawled the last lap at 90kph. and webber (who i had already lapped) smashed into me. i got a 20 second penalty and i managed to make it all the way around and win the race by 30 seconds + still

bahrain with mclaren is too easy

only started playing it yesterday and tonight, and I have to say ... not that impressed by it.

it's a less fun, more finicky version of Grid.

Playing on hard I've scored 49 points (ranked 11th) for the season yet Virgin don't want to resign me (they offered twice but I refused both times). BMW Sauber and Torro Rosso both expressed interest, but now feel I'm not worthy of a drive. Lotus don't want me and now HRT is the only team that actually want me. :thumbsdown: Hopefully I can get some points at Abu Dhabi and win them back over. :thumbsdown:

Last race I was a certainty for 10th until the last sweeping part to the pit straight of Brazil where Schumacher spun me and I crashed into a wall. Ended up 15th. I didn't have any flashbacks either.

Edit: Qualified 13th for Abu Dhabi and overtook all on the first 3 laps. Was able to pull away and beat Button to my first ever win by over 10 seconds. I was shocked how easily I did it considering it was on professional. Every other track has been a nightmare for me. But I got about 8 trophies in 1 hit. :p

Force India have offered me a contract for next season. Woop. :D It'd be nice if you got some new staff and engineers for the new team. I can see it getting boring seeing the same guys all the time.

Force India have offered me a contract for next season. Woop. :D It'd be nice if you got some new staff and engineers for the new team. I can see it getting boring seeing the same guys all the time.

Nah, you get the same guys, just in new uniforms, smells of a "quick programming fix" but hey, who cares, you will notice the difference between the cars though.

I went from Lotus to williams, back to Lotus, back to Williams and in my 5th year am with Ferarri, and the difference between all the cars is huge. I've beaten my team mate (Alonso) every race this season, and I've even turned off all assists except for Manual, although having no drivers line means I have to do a full practice session to get used to braking points.

10 races down, 72 point lead in the championship, looking good.:thumbsu:

First race of the next season and there is a huge different. Steering is so so much better and I absolutely dominated my first race. Won by over 30 seconds and nearly lapped Lucas Di Grassi (15 lapper). Might have to turn off ABS now.

Second race of the season (Melbourne) and i qualified 15th, It was raining (damp) and i hate it raining haha.
Anyway, race starts and making my way up the field, I just pass alonso into first before i went into the pits (he stayed out).
When he pitted he came out ahead so i was sitting second untill i spun and broke front wing (could hardly turn) so i had to pit AGAIN.....
Even with that, i came out at around 12-13th with 7-8 laps to go. Managed to get up to 6th on the 2nd last lap untill i just tap (and i mean tap) Sheumacher (wrong sp?) in the back, he didn't go spinning or anything but i got a fking penalty....
CONTROLLER THROWN!!! PS3 TURNED OFF IN RAGE!!

played online for first time yesterday and it was like a demolition derby

some guy tried to take me out and put me in the gravel... a few laps later i caught up to him and squeezed him up against a corner wall and he went into the air and had to retire from the race... karma

I had a decent grand prix session last night, 1 lap races of the whole calendar. Good fun. I went that way after getting absolutely fed up with the bloody peanuts doing sprints. 2 races in a row I got raped, first in Valencia, lead from start to finish, and get punted off on the very last corner, then the same in Montreal, lead all the way and get creamed on the the last chicane by some a-hole running straight across it with no penalty.
The GP session i did has collisions off but my sanity probably needed it after those 2 races. I went through the other day and added most people from this thread on PSN, so if you lot are ever running a GP just shoot me a message. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back