Society & Culture Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

My brother and I pretty much have the same paragraph each year, just change our age :oops:
Ouch, at some point you should put a gentle stop to this, we all stopped talking to each other for ten or so years which did the job nicely, but requires a little remedial work in the long run.

Ouch, at some point you should put a gentle stop to this, we all stopped talking to each other for ten or so years which did the job nicely, but requires a little remedial work in the long run.
I think my dad would be easily convinced, it's my mum that just loves it. She is unflappable.

We were done with it by then, my brother's three divorces have provided juicer material than I could have ever managed anyway.

I'm getting visions of an old timey-type newspaper where your mum and dad were sitting around waiting for that big scoop to headline.

"DIVORCE AGAIN! WIFE #2 A BITCH JUST LIKE WE TOLD HIM!"

The missus and I have a 4 month old, our first, and have agreed not to share pics of him on FB, partly to avoid the cringe factor some of our friends display with their pups, but more so because you just don't know these days....a friend likes it, so it pops up on their feed, so anyone can see them, and do with them as they please. Perhaps a bit overdriven, but we choose to keep our private lives just that. Hard for me, as I'm always on FB stirring people up.

Further to that, had our 10 year premiership reunion on the weekend......f**k FB. Some of these blokes I haven't seen in years, some since the game itself due to our ADF connection, but coz we're all on FB, we pretty much have little to catch up on....no more 'so, how have you been the last 'x' years', you pretty much know what's been happening depending on how often they are online and updating. Which meant more drinking. Which in turn, meant a 4 day hangover and counting.

F**k drinking.

a friend likes it, so it pops up on their feed, so anyone can see them, and do with them as they please
This is dependant on your privacy settings. If you have it set up right it won't pop up on their feed.

I'm getting visions of an old timey-type newspaper where your mum and dad were sitting around waiting for that big scoop to headline.

"DIVORCE AGAIN! WIFE #2 A BITCH JUST LIKE WE TOLD HIM!"
I sent him details of Vancouver divorce lawyers when he married his first wife, didn't even meet the second, but quite liked the third. Problem is he marries every second bird he falls in love with.

Catching up with friends you haven't seen for a bit is great now I haven't used facebook in about 6 months. Don't have to pretend I don't already know what they've been up to.

Would never go back to it, not only is the mystery great that surrounds yourself but it's genuinely interesting to engage in adult conversation with people about how they are/what they've been up to/family etc.

I never understand people that would share pictures of their kids and their stories on facebook, there's other methods to share that information if you want to keep family/friends up to date with how the child is. Could you imagine how you'd feel if your parents had shared every aspect of your life growing up with everyone? It's messed up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a question for you guys?

1. how many friends do you have on your list
2. How many people did you see/speak to in the last 24 hours AND week(personal relationships)
3. Same as 2, but for business/education purposes.
4. Number (approx) people you have some interaction with
5. Number of people approx with no interaction

1. 60
2. 7 / 9
3. 11
4. 19
5. 21

Just saw probably 7-10 people on my list to be culled, since I have nothing in common or need to associate with.

I have a question for you guys?

1. how many friends do you have on your list
2. How many people did you see/speak to in the last 24 hours AND week(personal relationships)
3. Same as 2, but for business/education purposes.
4. Number (approx) people you have some interaction with
5. Number of people approx with no interaction

1. 60
2. 7 / 9
3. 11
4. 19
5. 21

Just saw probably 7-10 people on my list to be culled, since I have nothing in common or need to associate with.
1. 0
2. 0
3. 0
4. 0
5. 0

The thing that makes me sick about Facebook is when people post or share disgusting horrible clips of real life violence and similar stuff like that.
Just had someone share a clip in my news feed that made me sick, I wasn't expecting it as it plays automatically and never want to see something like that again. Immediate delete. I put the avoid post on him in the future but that was sickening and I wouldn't want anyone to see it. I'm shocked and sicken by it.
I hate Facebook in that regard.

The only thing I really like about it is the updates you get from things you've liked. Getting Football updates are good to read articles and such that you wouldn't of found without it.

You can turn autoplay off, can also block posts from pages and/or people (I've nearly succeeded in blocking all those ******* annoying radio station pages that post utter rubbish viral s**t). At least the horse pr0n doesn't autoplay :thumbsu:

You can turn autoplay off, can also block posts from pages and/or people (I've nearly succeeded in blocking all those ******* annoying radio station pages that post utter rubbish viral s**t). At least the horse pr0n doesn't autoplay :thumbsu:
Oh ok thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back