Preview FaceOff Round 3: Adelaide vs. Melbourne, April 18th, 1:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know if local footy has started or starts this week? It will obviously affect the crowd if local footy is on.
Amateur league started last week, except for Div 1 who start this weekend.
Majority of country leagues also start this week, however there a handful who have 1 more week off.

dat final video!!

couple of observations from 2002

1 - that first quarter is arguably one of the best we've ever played
2 - how the hell did we let vardy go, should never have happened. seeing him in dee's colours still looks wrong
3 - that final quarter!
4 - 2 dees clashed heads early in the last - that was what swung it back our way IMO

I felt compelled to go to Melbourne for that match to maintain my record of never missing a "home final".

I was so angry about the injustice of the "fixturing" that it was one of the most emotional days I have spent at the footy. The exhilaration of the first quarter (40 points up) followed by the WTF of the second quarter (-23pts). Then Ayres pulled out a masterstroke by allowing Travis Johnstone to run up and down the wing like an unregistered dog and we lost the third quarter by 39 points leaving Melbourne nearly 4 goals ahead. We then run all over them in the last quarter to win by 12 points.

Weirdest match ever (but very satisfying).

I think it could be a tight game.

Hope it doesn't go like last year. That was a shit day in my life all round

I barred myself from the lounge room. Angry Waffle isn't fun.

I'll believe our form if we beat Melb and the Dogs away.

Said no one ever in the last ten years. What a season so far.

That was a shit day in my life all round

That sounds like an interesting story...

popcorn_stephen_colbert.gif

I think we'd all like to see a close and competitive game on Saturday, but I just can't see it happening. We'll probably end up flogging you bastards.

Don't forget that the Bulldogs made a prelim in 2008, 2009 and 2010

They did too. You forget, what with the usually sucking and having no supporters, etc.

I'll be sure to barrack for them in the finals if they make it and we're not playing them. That way they'll have as many premierships as us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be winning this game by plenty however like many, I just can't shake the past 2 years of horrid inconsistent performances from my mind.

Probably the first true test of AO too in terms of us pulling a crowd. Country and Ammos footy back in full swing, playing on a Saturday arvo in a poor drawing timeslot traditionally in this city, a low drawing average opponent in the rain.

Crows by 30, 43K crowd.

Bit of rain. Dour defensive style from a Roos-led team.
Excellent point PJ...we will want all our shit in one sock; not like last time. Wet weather is a great leveller and the Dees would be more accustomed to it than us. Lets hope we learn from last week but also last year, and not pop the corks as we run through the banner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back