Status
Not open for further replies.

Sipossmagic

Senior List
Jun 5, 2011
Hawthorn
AFL Club
St Kilda
I have just watched offsiders and told as fact that next week if the Roar dont lose it would of gone 35 games without a loss which will equal a record held by a NSWRL team from the 30's as the most by all the footie codes but in fact 35 will only Equal East Fremantle which is 5th on Australian rules list
There’s 5 VFA Teams and 1 WAFL team who’s Record is better then the roar
Games
58 North Melbourne VFA 1914 – 19
56 Essendon VFA 1892 – 94
50 South Melbourne VFA 1884 – 86
43 Geelong VFA 1885 – 87
35 East Fremantle WAFL 1945 - 47

so in Fact the Australian Rules record is not Geelongs 26 games it is fact North Melbourne's 58

now make a list with who's won the most consecutive flags eg port 6 east perth 5 collingwood 4 so we can have another debate about "which flags count" and which flags are imaginary

also are u talking about the brisbane roar in the a-league, who cares about comparing that to footy?!

What about a list of 'wins' in a row, rather than a list of 'not losing' in a row.

Isn't that a better measure of a successful team?

Are they being serious about this? Yes, they are 35 games without a loss, but how many draws? I'd like to see the probability of drawing a soccer match. On face value, there'd be a 66% chance of "not losing" and continuing this streak, compared to 50% in football. Anyone who has done any form of probability will know that the longer the streak, the bigger the disparity between the two.

Pathetic attempt to threaten the AFL and NRL made on behalf of a pathetic league.

Why the need for a comparison. Brisbane are a damn good A league team, though last nights result is hardly a glowing endorsement for them, but drawing the comparison with a game so riddled with draws to one where the draw is rare
is just a pointless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roar have been undefeated for 33 games, not 34

And people who say the A-League is pathetic clearly have had their heads up their arses for 2 years now

Are they being serious about this? Yes, they are 35 games without a loss, but how many draws? I'd like to see the probability of drawing a soccer match. On face value, there'd be a 66% chance of "not losing" and continuing this streak, compared to 50% in football. Anyone who has done any form of probability will know that the longer the streak, the bigger the disparity between the two.

Pathetic attempt to threaten the AFL and NRL made on behalf of a pathetic league.

1. You do realise that, as in football, teams are built on talent and not on face value

2. Do you think that the OP is represented by anyone involved in the A-League? :confused: How is it a pathetic attempt by the league to undermine any other sport?

Why the need for a comparison. Brisbane are a damn good A league team, though last nights result is hardly a glowing endorsement for them, but drawing the comparison with a game so riddled with draws to one where the draw is rare
is just a pointless.

Exactly. Point is helped ny the fact that a large majority of this board refuse to accept that anything but AFL and Cricket are legit sports deserving of our nation's attention.

FWIW: I love them equally: Aussie Rules I love for the no frills, passionate and hard at it atmosphere, and football I love for the tactics, deftness and eloquence.

Hate diving :thumbsdown:

1. You do realise that, as in football, teams are built on talent and not on face value

2. Do you think that the OP is represented by anyone involved in the A-League? :confused: How is it a pathetic attempt by the league to undermine any other sport?

My replies to your points:

1. I'm not sure what point of my post you are referring to with this point.

2. I meant to say "made on behalf of a pathetic league by its fans". Damn iPhone typing; it's not fun. And by "fans" I'm not referring to the OP but the people of The Offsiders. They would not mention other leagues unless wanting to make it a "my d**k is bigger than yours" kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back