Streaming Fallout (It's new - use SPOILER tags)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a gamer 15-20 years ago and for some reason I never played a fallout game. Being a sci-fi nut I was always going to watch this.
3 episodes in, very good and high quality production value.
If you still have a console i highly recommend Fallout 4. It is the best of the lot and Bethesda nailed this open world game. It is only like $25 now as well and has not aged with the new PS5 and XBox series X upscaling it beautifully.

When Maximus lost the fusion core for the T60 suit it took me right back to the game searching the wasteland for those little *ers! 🤣🤦‍♀️

You can have your own Fallout Badge

Just WATCH THIS THREAD to get the badge.

(If you're already watching the thread, you'll get your badge shortly.)

fallout-44.png

Last edited:

Love the games but haven't had a chance to watch yet. I've heard really good things from friends though so looking forward to it.

2 episodes in and I have no idea what's going on. Might give it one more episode before shelving it. Silo seems to be a superior alternative to this show.

It's a similar concept to Silo but much more interesting. Silo got bogged down with running up and downstairs to solve a mystery within the vault, not getting to the surface until the final episode.

Fallout season 1 shows you the history of what led to the vaults, what life is like below ground, but mostly some fun sci-fi action in a post-apocalypse world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you still have a console i highly recommend Fallout 4. It is the best of the lot and Bethesda nailed this open world game. It is only like $25 now as well and has not aged with the new PS5 and XBox series X upscaling it beautifully.

When Maximus lost the fusion core for the T60 suit it took me right back to the game searching the wasteland for those little *ers! 🤣🤦‍♀️
Might be worth a look, is fallout 4 the best all round with gameplay and story? I hear people talk up New Vegas alot.

I see fallout 4 is getting next gen upgrades this month.

Might be worth a look, is fallout 4 the best all round with gameplay and story? I hear people talk up New Vegas alot.

I have played them all and 4 has the biggest map and open world which i love! Most times i could play it for days and not even do a mission even when traveling to parts on the map you were under levelled for to find stuff! Just make sure you have the T60 suit early on cause otherwise you will be toast when exploring some regions!

Bethesda studios dont make many crap games and the new Skyrim has been 8 years in the making now and still does not have a release date. Skyrim Elder Scrolls is one of the best games ever made in the history of gaming with The Witcher and GTA etc.

You can have your own Fallout Badge

Just WATCH THIS THREAD to get the badge.

(If you're already watching the thread, you'll get your badge shortly.)

View attachment 1958019
I need this badge! Thread watched.

Up to Ep 5 and is so good. I will be cracking Fallout 4 out again when the updates hit, and then probably spend 10s of hours building settlements.

Fallout 4 is possibly my favorite game of all time

New Vegas could possibly have a slightly better story line though

C0AED75B-D72F-4889-9683-B799C3038F7D.png

So true and the 1hr long episodes eat time away! Put an episode on at 8pm and keep watching, next minute it is after midnight with a 5am alarm waiting! 🤦‍♀️🤣

It's a similar concept to Silo but much more interesting. Silo got bogged down with running up and downstairs to solve a mystery within the vault, not getting to the surface until the final episode.

Fallout season 1 shows you the history of what led to the vaults, what life is like below ground, but mostly some fun sci-fi action in a post-apocalypse world.

But at least with Silo, they explain the back story fairly early so you have an idea on whats going on within their world. Here with Fallout, I am introduced to all these characters & world with no understanding of their purpose or reasoning. This needed to be reasonably established within the first couple of episodes for a new audience to remain invested.

I'm not much of a gamer, so world & character building would have helped me understand the characters predicament. Other games such as Half Life, GTA & Metal Gear Solid I could watch without the back story but others might experience the same issues as I have found.

3 is the best for me followed by New Vegas then 4. 4's map is too big and I don't think the story is all that great.

But at least with Silo, they explain the back story fairly early so you have an idea on whats going on within their world. Here with Fallout, I am introduced to all these characters & world with no understanding of their purpose or reasoning. This needed to be reasonably established within the first couple of episodes for a new audience to remain invested.

I'm not much of a gamer, so world & character building would have helped me understand the characters predicament. Other games such as Half Life, GTA & Metal Gear Solid I could watch without the back story but others might experience the same issues as I have found.
Why do you need all the back story upfront? They show enough in the first ep. They show the nukes going off, they talk about radition levels being too high to go outside the vaults. Thats all you need. None of these characters exist in the games. Youre caught up.

Part of the game is the fact you have been a vault dweller with no real knowledge of what the outside world is currently like. You’ve been told through various generations word of mouth and books but that’s it. Your character has the same amount of knowledge really as the player. Feels the same for the show except they actually gave the Ghoul a backstory prior to the nuclear bombs.

Never fallen out in my life but they did a good job explaining everything without resorting to cheesy info dumps such as having a “ narrator “

Spent some money getting it to look great a wasteland that looks like it

Excellent show

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Also how good is Walton Goggins as the ghoul. Thought he'd never get anything quite as good as Shane Vendrell in The Shield but after one and half decades here we are.
He was bloody great in vice principles and Righteous gemstones

Played a transvestite in Sons of Anarchy really well too

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back