Famous DT Coaches Thread 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Good team LemmingMaster. Good to see you giving 3 premium mids a go this year.

I like your structure. Having 2 premium rucks is the way to go. Don't want to have sub worries lol

Your backline didn't fire this week. Any regrets there or do you think it will bounce back?

No offence, as your a star of dream team, but if that team was posted in the 'post your team' thread under a different name, people would say it is complete rubbish.

Good luck with all the risky picks you've gone.

PS. looking forward to hearing the reasoning behind the team

Haha, probably fair enough too! :)

I do realise the ruck set-up is insanely risky. I actually think Giles and Redden can both average 70+ and have good job security. Although even taking that into account - I'm going to have to rely on luck for them to both play through until a time when I can upgrade them.

I was also hopeful my mid-price defenders could all average 70+, which would be a great return on what I paid for them. Obviously I'm not going to get all of them right, but I've always got the option of downgrading the crap ones to a well performed rookie before the price change. Christian Howard was putting his hand up even before his injury.

Mids and forwards both look ok? I've got eight DPP fwds without a mid link yet, but the plan is to eventually bring a Kerridge/Zorko/Pfeiffer/Couch in for Magner/Shiel/McDonald.

He will be lucky to score 1900 and i think his team has probably done better than what it actually is.

Close... 1993 . Crap though, yeah.

Although I had three players start or end as sub, one go off injured and had three hundreds and a 90 on my bench so there's maybe some scope for improvement.

Okay, Okay, my side of Hacks!

AFLSpace.com Hacks
Remaining Cap:

DEF: G Birchall, B Goddard, M Golby, G Broughton, H Shaw, B Ellis, B Lake, T Bugg, S Morris

MID: G Ablett, S Pendlebury, S Mitchell, J McDonald, J McCarthy, S Coniglio, J Magner, D Shiel

RUCK: S Mumford, J Giles, J Redden, O Stephenson

FWD: N Fyfe, P Dangerfield, S Sidebottom, A Goodes, D Martin, D Hale, J Porplyzia, D Smith, T Dickson

After round 1, have to say probably a couple of premiums short!
Said on twitter during the week that no Tarrant probably would hurt my "no Buddy" strategy and now with no Scarlet (likely), it sort of has killed my reason for the strategy (unless the AFL continue their Vendetta against Buddy for that sling tackle in first quarter that could be looked at). Goodes didn't help the situation by going half hearted against the Giants.

My forwards were all about one Mark/Kick/Goal away from fine scores (apart from Fyfe who I can live with his score for now).

I don't know if Hale will work. As said above, was a goal away from working. I tried other things but I like the idea of having Hale as a backup to the 3 Rookie Ruck strategy (which I can activate around the Bye rounds).

McDonalds suspension and Magners injury could really hurt. Lake....enough said. Lets give him another week. And I have missed many of the best rookie performances.

I was considering the delete button until McCarthy at least did what I needed. Lets hope he keeps it up for 11 more rounds at least!

I am ready for the "I told you so" calls! I just answer, No Guts, No Glory!

Could be in trouble here :(

B – Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Fisher, Broughton, Lake, Morris (Ellis*, Docherty)
M – Ablett(c), Fyfe, Chapman, Scotland, McDonald, Shiel (C.Smith*, Magner)
R – Mumford, Redden (Giles, Stephenson)
F – Goodes, Pavlich, Zaharakis, N. Riewoldt, Porplyzia, D.Smith, A. Kennedy (Hall*, Couch)

Starting with $322,600 in the bank and also electing to start two rookies who didn't get a game in round 1. What's the logic behind these two decisions?

Tarquin, what's your team name this year so I might keep a closer eye on whether the glass is half full or half empty? (it's half full at the moment, no thanks to Ellis and Morris).

Couch is a big chance to debut this week, given the performance on the weekend and Neeld's comments.

Rookie start/sit decisions are so important, especially this early. Difference between 20,000 positions.

Tarquin, what's your team name this year so I might keep a closer eye on whether the glass is half full or half empty? (it's half full at the moment, no thanks to Ellis and Morris).

It would have taken you a long time to search down to the rankings list.

I have decided on Vinegar Strokes EDT this year mate, so you can follow me all you want. Needless to say the start has not looked good. Injuries and suspensions are happening in the section of the ground where I've taken the most risk and the premium midfielders have all come out firing.

quality post as always. appreciate the time you put into sharing your thoughts.

curious to hear why you went with swan if upside was a criterion for selecting mids

I just purely selected in my midfield two midfielders who I think will average the most in Ablett and Swan. I then picked Murphy because it was a 50/50 call between him and Selwood and I prefer the Blues. There were also some other reason, but Murphy got the nod.

I think Swan had a bad night and still knocked out 100+, I have faith in his LONG term scoring power. The Pies were playing the Hawks, so I am sure when they come up against say a Richmond.... His scoring should improve.

Starting Teams

m0nty - FanFooty EDT

Heath Scotland, Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Grant Birchall, Brian Lake, Ryan Hargrave, Marty Clarke
Brandon Ellis, Steven Morris

Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Gary Ablett, Stephen Coniglio, Dylan Shiel, Tom Couch
James McDonald, James Magner

Dean Cox, Jonathan Giles
Jarrad Redden, Orren Stephenson

Lance Franklin, Adam Goodes, Nathan Fyfe, Travis Cloke, Dustin Martin, Jason Porplyzia, Devon Smith
Aaron Hall, Tory Dickson

Salary cap remaining: $16,400

Director - ???
Greg Broughton, Nick Malceski, Mitchell Golby, Christian Howard, Courtenay Dempsey, Ryan Hargrave, Jarryn Geary
Brandon Ellis, Tomas Bugg

Dane Swan, Matthew Boyd, Gary Ablett, Tom Rockliff, Jobe Watson, Dylan Shiel
James McDonald, James Magner

Jonathan Giles, Jarrad Redden
Orren Stephenson, Tom Campbell

Paul Chapman, Nathan Fyfe, Mitch Robinson, Dustin Martin, Steele Sidebottom, Patrick Dangerfield, Tom. T Lynch
Devon Smith, Adam Kennedy

Salary cap remaining: $100

Impromptu - Impromptu SCE
Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Heath Shaw, Sam Fisher, Greg Broughton, Brian Lake, Steven Morris
Brandon Ellis, Sam Docherty

Gary Ablett, Nathan Fyfe, Paul Chapman, Heath Scotland, James McDonald, Dylan Shiel
Clay Smith, James Magner

Shane Mumford, Jarrad Redden
Jonathan Giles, Orren Stephenson

Adam Goodes, Matthew Pavlich, David Zaharakis, Nick Riewoldt, Jason Porplyzia, Devon Smith, Adam Kennedy
Aaron Hall, Tom Couch

Salary cap remaining: $322,600

dylan123 - Dylan's FFC
Brett Deledio, Greg Broughton, Dyson Heppell, Beau Waters, Nick Malceski, Ryan Hargrave, Brandon Ellis
Tomas Bugg, Steven Morris

Gary Ablett, Joel Selwood, Scott Thompson, Jobe Watson, James McDonald, James Magner
Dylan Shiel, Clay Smith

Shane Mumford, Sam Jacobs
Giles, Stephenson

Paul Chapman, Nathan Fyfe, Dustin Martin, Steele Sidebottom, Patrick Dangerfield, Devon Smith, Adam Kennedy
Tory Dickson, Billie Smedts

Salary cap remaining: $3,400

LemmingMaster - VinegarStrokes EDT
Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Dyson Heppell, Greg Broughton, Brian Lake, Ryan Hargrave, Marty Clarke
Bilie Smedts, Tomas Bugg

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett, Marc Murphy, Stephen Coniglio, James McDonald, James Magner
Clay Smith, Dylan Shiel

Ben McEvoy, Sam Jacobs
Jonathan Giles, Jarrad Redden

Paul Chapman, Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Dustin Martin, Steele Sidebottom, Devon Smith, Tory Dickson
Adam Kennedy, Aaron Hall

Salary cap remaining: $15,200

mollyfud - AFLSpace.com Hacks
Grant Birchall, Brendon Goddard, Greg Broughton, Heath Shaw, Brian Lake, Mitchell Golby, Brandon Ellis Tomas Bugg, Steven Morris

Gary Ablett, Scott Pendlebury, Sam Mitchell, John McCarthy, Stephen Coniglio, James McDonald
James Magner, Dylan Shiel

Shane Mumford, Jonathan Giles,

Nathan Fyfe, Adam Goodes, Dustin Martin, Steele Sidebottom, Patrick Dangerfield, David Hale, Jason Porplyzia,
Devon Smith, Tory Dickson

Salary cap remaining: $9,100

SkankDanker - Chook Raffle
Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Greg Broughton, Dyson Heppell, Beau Waters, Ryan Hargrave, Marty Clarke
Jacob Townsend, Steven Morris

Dane Swan, Brent Stanton, Bernie Vince, Lenny Hayes, John McCarthy, James Magner
James McDonald, Clay Smith

Sam Jacobs, Jonathan Giles
Orren Stephenson, Adam Pattison

Lance Franklin, Adam Goodes, Nathan Fyfe, Dustin Martin, Steele Sidebottom, Jason Porplyzia, Devon Smith
Tory Dickson, Aaron Hall

Salary cap remaining: $38,600

footylover18 - Vamsee
Brendon Goddard, Brett Deledio, Greg Broughton, Beau Waters, Ryan Hargrave, Marty Clarke, Brandon Ellis
Tomas Bugg, Stephen Wrigley

Dane Swan, Matthew Boyd, Gary Ablett, Tom Rockliff, James McDonald, James Magner
Dylan Shiel, Lachie Neale

Matthew Kreuzer, Jonathan Giles

Paul Chapman, Lance Franklin, Nathan Fyfe, Mitch Robinson, Dustin Martin, Patrick Dangerfield, Devon Smith
Aaron Hall, Adam Kennedy

Salary cap remaining: $35,800

By the looks of these teams I should have picked James McDonald! Any coach not worried that he may be rested during the season and the histrory of players coming back after a year out isn't that great (Tim Watson the exception?).

Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the looks of these teams I should have picked James McDonald! Any coach not worried that he may be rested during the season and the histrory of players coming back after a year out isn't that great (Tim Watson the exception?).

Cheers.
I don't expect McDonald to play out the full season at his age (although he appears to be in great shape) but at his price he should be viewed no differently to a rookie in which we want him to play the first 8 odd games (the more the better) and then cash him in. What makes him such a great pick in my eyes is he's a mature aged recruit that we know he can handle AFL level and preform at a pretty strong level (averaged 94 in his final season in 2010) and is in a weak side that will require players like him to play.

Unfortunately for me and those that have picked him is he'll miss the next two. However that's great for you as it gives you a few more weeks to check out your current rookies, if one isn't preforming/not playing and McDonald follows up his first match, you could choose to make a sideways trade and jump on before he starts to rise in price.

Loving the team name Lemming :D

Cheers mate
You are looking at a licensed NOTARIZER…
Don’t hide your thighs, notarize.
Don’t terrorize, notarize.
Don’t euthanize, notarize.
Don’t agonize, notarize.
Don’t apologize, notarize.
Don’t compromise, notarize.
You need a drink I’ve got $120 burning a hole in the hole in my pocket.
Hey watch it pal I’ll notarize you!
I threw in the ass stamp for free!
Hasta tu suenos!

I don't expect McDonald to play out the full season at his age (although he appears to be in great shape) but at his price he should be viewed no differently to a rookie in which we want him to play the first 8 odd games (the more the better) and then cash him in. What makes him such a great pick in my eyes is he's a mature aged recruit that we know he can handle AFL level and preform at a pretty strong level (averaged 94 in his final season in 2010) and is in a weak side that will require players like him to play.

Unfortunately for me and those that have picked him is he'll miss the next two. However that's great for you as it gives you a few more weeks to check out your current rookies, if one isn't preforming/not playing and McDonald follows up his first match, you could choose to make a sideways trade and jump on before he starts to rise in price.

Thanks for that. I would have picked him except other than Cox I had a rule of nonone over 30 as a bit of a strategy. I also picked Luke Parker which means I lost out of the McDonald inscident as well. Tom Ledger is in my team and my have to go if he doesn't play but I am hoping he is in this week.

I give up, who is Stephen Wrigley ?

Four of the eight teams listed don't have Franklin, which I find eyebrow raising.

The famous coaches will have to answer, but I assume they were banking on a slow start. Could have worked if Tarrant and Scarlett didn't miss the first two rounds.

Cheers mate
You are looking at a licensed NOTARIZER…
Don’t hide your thighs, notarize.
Don’t terrorize, notarize.
Don’t euthanize, notarize.
Don’t agonize, notarize.
Don’t apologize, notarize.
Don’t compromise, notarize.
You need a drink I’ve got $120 burning a hole in the hole in my pocket.
Hey watch it pal I’ll notarize you!
I threw in the ass stamp for free!
Hasta tu suenos!

Wheres the like or upvote button? :thumbsu:

The famous coaches will have to answer, but I assume they were banking on a slow start. Could have worked if Tarrant and Scarlett didn't miss the first two rounds.

I think its a poor miss and clearly some of them in their on groups have formed packs and made this decision as a group. Some in the group would disagree and some would agree but certainly a correlation.

Its funny because Tarrant and Scarlett don't even play on Franklin. Reid and Lonergan or Harry T get the jobs usually on Buddy when these teams play.

Franklin was in sparkling touch in the NAB, he also had a better run than people gave him credit for. I think he plays Adelaide next who dont have anyone near capable of stopping him especially if Rutten doesnt play. Eagles have Mckenzie i think he scored 127 on him last time. Buddy has had some 80's and 120's verse Sydney so Grundy/Richards could be a decent match up for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back